WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

The Reason To Fight

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
I am a proud support of the war in Iraq, of my husband and my troops. Recently people have asked me what good can comes of this war? We had no reason be there. Your husband is fighting for nothing? The people who have lost their life, did so for no reason. How can you, a military family member support this? How can anyone?

This is my answer: I never knew death ever had a reason. I always understood it as the end of someone story and the start of another. I never thought to hard about what our soldiers sacrifice so that I can stand here under the red, white and blue and speak my mind freely and unafraid. I never really understood...

Every day I hear of our soldier's death. Every day when my phone rings I wonder does that mean I lost another troop from his unit. Oh God, just let it be his voice, or a voice of my friends, let it be anything but that.... Though that is my price I pay to support this war and to continue to stay with and love my husband.

I chose to support this war for a lot of reason and a lot of which I have stated over and over again. But what I speak of is not only based off of what CNN, FOX or BBC has to say about it, but what the person who is in the mist of it has to say. If ever there was a moment he said hunny, I don't believe in what I am fighting for....... I would sing a different tune. Oh I would sing it to where everyone could hear it.

But from the moment he hit the sand he told me.... " Being here I have come to truly believe their is no God, Angel.... No God, No powerful being like that would let these people suffer in such a waste land of a place. Its like a garbage dump over here, Bombs, machine guns, weapons, and shells everywhere in huge piles. Covering up peoples house and live rockets for bridge supports. LIVE ONES. How can anyone drive across that safely.? We find so many things here hun, so many things that I am glad you can not see them.. This is not a country, its a waste land. These people can not read or write, they can not farm properly, they have no clean water, no power most of them. They live in such poverty and then you go and see what he lived in. 500 dead bodies fished out of a pool at his hunting lodge. Cause they didn't support him. Oh, you wouldn’t believe it but little kids handing us mines, and grenades and stuff that they don't even know what they are, but wanting to help. How could anyone look away from this?"

He goes on but some of it gets pretty personal and I am not sure what I am allowed to say or write with out getting him trouble. However He tells me how they cleared a mind field. He tells me how they are able to protect the power plants, guard the Iraqi police station and help train their army and better equip them so they can fight and protect themselves. He tells me how most Iraqi support them and most of the people they are fighting come from other countries. He tells me that the things this man was allowed to get away for so long can only be match to what Hitler did. That to these people he was a weapon of mass destruction.... to no matter what never forget the good that is coming from this. That he is giving these people a fighting chance at education, wealth and peace. That this is his reason he signed up, that this is the reason he is fighting and he only wish he could do more.

I love my husband, I love my troops that are over their. I pray for them every night, I cry for them every day and I may not be able to explain everything about this war, but everything happens for a reason.

“Though this be madness, there is method in it. “

When he gets stationed at a stable camp I hope he is able to allow me to post some of his pictures up, and allow me to show you guys. Maybe you will see that the death and terror exaggerated on t.v. that over shadows what good is coming from it. It is to late for us to pack up and leave, now we must stay for however long it takes, to give these people a future with out the evilness of murder, rape and death....they have known for so many years. This is our chance to over look selfish greed, to realize that the safety and peace we live in, is not granted to everyone. I have seen from his eyes the true meaning of death and I can no longer close my eyes and look a way.

Angel Marie Shelafoe

Oh a great book for anyone who wants to get a first eye view of the war, please read. "Boots On the ground".

Jung

???
Premium
I'm not going to pick your post apart to prove some silly point. I respect your opinion, it's your right. If you wish to see some of my pictures of the horrors from Afghanistan, I will oblige.

I don't think the death is exaggerated on TV, if anything we see a lot less of it. Your husband’s experiences aren't a definitive account of this war, not by far. When I was deployed in Afghanistan, I too had a distorted view of my surroundings and events. This is a tactic of the military; they can't afford opposition the war while in it's midst. A lot of facts and occurrences are suppressed, that's media for you, that's the "American way". While I agree that we have done some good in Iraq, I also question how much ill has come as a biproduct. The end results don'tt always justify the means by which ithey are reached. In "saving" these people I ask myself how many innocent people will die for the sake of saving others. We didn't invade Iraq to save the citizens from a tyrant or themselves. We invaded Iraq to protect our country from the weapons of mass distruction. Surprise, they weren't there, might as well just go after Saddam anyway, while we're already here.

The American public was lied to and tricked into supporting this war and now, as you said, it's too late to do much good. I don't like Kerry anymore than Bush, but he seams to be a bit more intellectual about the war and foreign policy. In our current situation there we aren't helping anything. Saddam has already been captured, so why are we still there if that was our motive, as stated by you.

You mention that most Iraqi's support our occupation efforts, yet media coverage paints a different picture, as do my friends deployed in theater. That's not to say that some Iraqi's don't appreciate our efforts, but I'm hard pressed to believe the majority is in favor of our occupation. I'm sorry; your husband is entitled to his opinion, but the facts to support it just aren't there.

We've occupied a foreign country, replacing their laws with ours. We've imposed curfews on Iraq's citizens, which we enforce with armed patrols, all the while we're bombing their houses and killing their children. This is written off as collateral damage. We've replaced one dictatorship with another. We've replaced atrocities committed by a tyrant with atrocities committed by American soldiers, their so called "saviors". The reason for us being there changes constantly; what are we looking to accomplish there now? Don't you find it a slight bit funny that Bush's son GW took these actions? No doubt we'll come out of this with new oil agreements and money to boot.

I, as an veteran and patriot, support our troops. They're doing their jobs without question, that's what soldiers do. They're willing to give their lives for a cause they may or may not believe in, that's commendable I, however, don't subscribe to the false notion that they're protecting us in doing so. They're fighting and dying for the lies of our administration. I also don't confuse being anti-war and anti-american. I don't support this war, I don't support the lies, I don't support the liars, I don't support the fascism, I don't support the greed of our leaders, but I most certainly do support my fellow americans, who happen to be soldiers.

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
My husband joined the day bush declared war on Iraq. My husban has a intresting postintion with being over there. He has traveled all over IRAQ to see it from a whole as to just sitting at one camp. I have 8 soldiers in Iraq, 2 in Afghanstan and I getting the same thing from all of them. However, I didn't mean to paint a picture that every Iraqi is pro-american, but a lot of them are and more so then what you see on T.V. Their are stories about Iraq boys beating off in the streets and flipping our troops off and other such things. But you asked for the good and even now you shift it to the bad. You ask if inoccents lost and death that has come from this is worth these people freedom? I can not make that call for you or anyone else. That is not my place to chose and decided I can only say that I see tens of thousand of people who will have a chance at a better life where they did not before. No one can truly argue that point. You and I both no its to late to decided if this war is wrong or right.... Now we have to decided what is best for this country, and how to keep it from ending up like this again.

I can not and will not blame the Iraq people who do hate america, Bush Sr. Never finished the job over there, he left these people to fall to fist of sadam again after goign in their with false words of hope and promises to these people. I myself would be fearful to trust the Americans. I can only pray that his son or next presdent who ever it maybe does not make that mistake.

blah

Tenderony
If I'm someone that is against America and the army travels through my town or village I will be the first to say I'm pro-America. Imagine if the Vietcong back in the 60's hadn't done that...? They would not have been able to resist that long if they didn't stay hidden.
People lie all the time, I tell my wife a dress doesn't make her look fat, do I mean it ? No way! Do I do it spare her feelings, to not have to wait for her another 15mins to put on something else, to not have her go out spending more cash on a dress she doesn't have the figure for anymore ? Yes way!
So don't trust all Iraqi that say they love America, they know what to say and when to say it...

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
blah said:
If I'm someone that is against America and the army travels through my town or village I will be the first to say I'm pro-America. Imagine if the Vietcong back in the 60's hadn't done that...? They would not have been able to resist that long if they didn't stay hidden.
People lie all the time, I tell my wife a dress doesn't make her look fat, do I mean it ? No way! Do I do it spare her feelings, to not have to wait for her another 15mins to put on something else, to not have her go out spending more cash on a dress she doesn't have the figure for anymore ? Yes way!
So don't trust all Iraqi that say they love America, they know what to say and when to say it...
eh, feel you missed the point

R

RedOctober

No, he didn't...

The Dutchies came back in Indonesia after the Japanese surrendered.
The goverment told the soldiers that the Indonesians were glad the Dutch were back.
But every week a lot of civilians were killed.
By terrorists of course..
Only a small minority...
Not more than 5% of the population..

So the Dutch sent in thousands of troups.
The killing only grew worse.

In the end, Indonesia became independant, because the USA wanted us to leave Indonesia...

And now the interesting question...

WHY ARE WE FUCKING BUSY HELPING THE AMERICANS IN IRAQ?

betrayed

Banned - What an Asshat!
RedOctober said:
WHY ARE WE FUCKING BUSY HELPING THE AMERICANS IN IRAQ?
Because Bush has his priorities in a twist, just like his panties..

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
Mind you this is a writting forum. You can debate politics in the issue forum. Thank you and keep that in MIND.