WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

The saga of the cheap bastard PC...Part 3

Descent

Hella Constipated
Well...After two hours of troubleshooting, I FINALLY got the video card to work under Windows 98. it turns out that the cocksuckers at nVidia took out the patch they included with their older drivers to allow the cards to work with the Via MVP3 chipset. So right now, I'm running the AOpen 28.32 drivers. The funny thing is, the current version is 61.73. Now that really pisses me off...When I put DirectX 9 on here, I'll have to fuck with shitloads of drivers until I find one that will work. Even then, they still may not work.

Anywho, I put on the UT Demo (My UT disc was fucked up), and the Daikatana demo. But lo and behold, they run slow as shit. Why? I have a Pentium-133 processor in this shit rig. I am planning a LAN party for my birthday, but sadly, JDoom and Unreal Tournament won't run on something this slow. My friend Joe does not have a PC, and he will have to use this one.

Anyone care to donate a faster CPU? I can PM you my address and pay for shipping...

Descent

Hella Constipated
No...It was a bunch of parts I got out of the trash/for free from friends/teachers. Some stuff I paid for, like the PSU and the case, the video card, etc.

But that's about it...just a box for fucking with.