WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

the simpsons vs family guy vs southpark

Wich one of these is your favorite cartoon?

• Total voters

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
wich is the best and why?

I have to vote for the simpsons. southpark would be my second choice even though family guy cracks me up too.

Also the poll question should be "Wich one of these cartoon shows do you like better" cause your favorite might be something else

Bibas

That's Illogical.
Damn, i can't be original, even once !
Exactly the same choice :p

Woodreaux

Original Dicksman
That is a really tuff one. I have to go Family Guy. I get more laughs per episode with Family Guy, and the jokes stick in my head longer. Hence, Family Guy.

South Park > Family Guy > Simpsons

South Park mainly beat Family Guy because it's had 8 seasons of hilarity while Family Guy's only had three.

The Simpsons is pretty overrated in my opinion.

ferengi

Yay fire!
South Park - it's the only show (well, actually it was the movie, but whatever...) that actually made me roll on the floor and laugh until tears came out of my eyes and my nose was bleeding.

ferengi

Yay fire!
Family Guy and South Park come awful close in my book. The Simpsons doesn't even compare. It's just not as funny as it once was, in my opinion.

LiberatioN

Trance Addict
ferengi74656 said:
Family Guy and South Park come awful close in my book. The Simpsons doesn't even compare. It's just not as funny as it once was, in my opinion.
I'd have to agree completely. I think that progressively, South Park has become more and more funny in my opinion because it cracks humor at current issues of society. More and more celebrities (J-Lo, Paris Hilton, etc) are finally being "honored" for the idiots they are; I just cant get enough.

Family Guy is much more witty than South Park; the humor isn't always flat-out funny and sometimes presents intellectual humor as it's base for an episode. This isnt always true, but I think the episodes where you actually have to think about what they're saying is what makes the show just as, if not more, funny.

I guess I'd go with South Park simply because I've been watching longer, and I've slowly grown away from The Simpsons because it's really not as funny as it used to be (Seasons 4-7 were the best). The creators have been focusing more on Futurama, which I think deserves a spot in this poll; some people might disagree.

Futurama's been dead for quite some time.

I never saw what the big deal about the Simpsons was in the first place. I've seen the episodes where the series "peaked" and I'm thinking "That's it? These are the legendary Simpsons episodes?" I guess they were just funnier at the time. But it's hard to complete with Family Guy and South Park.

If Futurama was up there, I'd say South Park > Family Guy > Futurama > The Simpsons

i think futurama needs to be up there too - i'd go

futurama > simpsons > south park > family guy

i REALLY like family guy, but IMO each episode only stands up to one viewing, or else wait a long time between viewings. the others aren't like that, they're much more layered

Jung

???
Premium
TheLampIncident said:
Futurama's been dead for quite some time.
I still love it though.

I'd have to say Futurama and Family Guy are the two best out of those choices. Personally, I think Family Guy has more mature, and witty humor than South Park, or The Simpsons. Maybe that's just me though...

Well, I've heard the argument before that Family Guy doesn't try to make a joke, it's all just references and if you can't remember the reference, you can't find it funny. I don't find that to be true though, I still think it's funny even when I don't get some of the references.

South Park isn't really witty. It's more "in your face". But sometimes that couldn't be better. The Paris Hilton episode. Come on, that was flat out genius, even if it wasn't witty.

I think the thing I like the most about Futurama is the level of creativity. It's not the funniest show in the world, but it takes a lot of effort to come up with a whole new kind of world and make it seem so real.

Jung

???
Premium
TheLampIncident said:
Well, I've heard the argument before that Family Guy doesn't try to make a joke, it's all just references and if you can't remember the reference, you can't find it funny. I don't find that to be true though, I still think it's funny even when I don't get some of the references.
I find that I actually get most of the refrences, but I think the show would still be funny with out them. There's always The Family Guy reference archives for those really obscure ones though. A lot are from history or movies though; like the many Monty Python references.
I think the thing I like the most about Futurama is the level of creativity. It's not the funniest show in the world, but it takes a lot of effort to come up with a whole new kind of world and make it seem so real.
Exactly! That's why I like that show so much. I happily watch the reruns on Adult Swim, and I own the DVDs.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
bigck3000 said:
Aqua Teen Hunger Force> Family Guy
I used to agree, but this season of ATHF as sucked major ass. I've been really disappointed.

Easty

Click click boom
damn you for making me choose! i chose the simpsons, but south park is a VERY close second. family guy is only funny because of stewie and brian