WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Scrapbook The Tattoo/Piercing Picture Thread!

RebelBuddha

Rey de Currumpaw
Hard to do an all-around 'selfie' and even harder to patch them all together. Anyway, here's one of my tattoos. Lord Krishna, Alex Grey eyes and the psychoactive delirient Datura.
I was thinking of a similar composition with the Buddha, Garuda and a few other components. Where you have the eyes... I was thinking of using the word peace in every language known to man. I'm still at concept and haven't sat down to draw it all out... but here are some of my concept pics.

floating island.jpg Garuda.jpg tattoo.jpg bodhi2.jpg

The idea is to take the buddha and the Bhodi tree and combine it with a floating island. The robe would fade into a waterfall that falls into a body of water with lotus flowers. The stairway wrapping around the waterfall and the Garuda flying midway through the composition to fit on my forearm.

The symbolism being the path to enlightenment is attainable in this life... many vehicles being present through the Garuda, falls, Lotus etc. Like I said... its still very much in the composition phase, but the selected pictures provide the feel and style.

*(Challenge to anyone that sees the concept and wants to dick around with it.)

Gurdjieff

Banned - What an Asshat!
That's a lot of concepts to put into a tattoo, RB. I hop you have a serious chunk of canvas available to pull it off. The interesting thing will be finding the right artiost to bring the concept to life, in his or her own eyes (bad idea insisting a tattooist follow an artwork, they are the pros,, and know whats going to work).

Here's some more of my ink. The flower was done in Malaysia, and is a traditional Borneo design. The mandala was done locally... the centre has bled a bit because that's exactly in the middle of my 'inner elbow'. That was a challenging spot to be inked, and healing was a bitch due to the constant arm movement.

Tattoo 02.jpg

RebelBuddha

Rey de Currumpaw
That's a lot of concepts to put into a tattoo, RB. I hop you have a serious chunk of canvas available to pull it off. The interesting thing will be finding the right artiost to bring the concept to life, in his or her own eyes (bad idea insisting a tattooist follow an artwork, they are the pros,, and know whats going to work).
Well its a left arm sleeve idea. Generally what I do is bring a working concept with all the components to an artist and gauge their interest. I want the tattoo artist to take my idea and make it functional for a tattoo and add some personal touches to it as well. My biggest problem is finding the right artist.

I would like to get it done by a highly recommended professional, but that means time and money... and likely travel. I don't know when I'll get it done... but it won't be in some shabby street corner no name parlor. I want to pay for that particular one. I figure 2500 bucks wouldn't be unreasonable.

I have other ideas... I want sleeved left and right arms... but my right arm sleeve idea is more "prison style" so the quality isn't as important as just having the same artist complete the work. I want this particular one to be a master work. So much so that I've actually applied to some of those tattoo shows and things just to see if I'd even be considered.

It will be a while.

Nice ink by the way.

• 1Like
Reactions: Gurdjieff

Gurdjieff

Banned - What an Asshat!
2500 is a great budget. What city do you reside in ?

Here's one of mine that I go done in Kuala Lumpur over a three consecutive day stretch. I would not recommend that to anyone. After the first day, one's endorphins are tapped out, and only regenerate to about 50% the next day. By the third day, I was running on bootleg whiskey, powerful over the counter opiates from the local chinese chemist and still every minute was pure hell from the outset. My foot ballooned out, my ankle looked like an obese woman with fluid retention, and I had to fly home that afternoon.

Tattoo 03.jpg

Shanananaaa

Bacon
Well its a left arm sleeve idea. Generally what I do is bring a working concept with all the components to an artist and gauge their interest. I want the tattoo artist to take my idea and make it functional for a tattoo and add some personal touches to it as well. My biggest problem is finding the right artist.

I would like to get it done by a highly recommended professional, but that means time and money... and likely travel. I don't know when I'll get it done... but it won't be in some shabby street corner no name parlor. I want to pay for that particular one. I figure 2500 bucks wouldn't be unreasonable.

I have other ideas... I want sleeved left and right arms... but my right arm sleeve idea is more "prison style" so the quality isn't as important as just having the same artist complete the work. I want this particular one to be a master work. So much so that I've actually applied to some of those tattoo shows and things just to see if I'd even be considered.

It will be a while.

Nice ink by the way.
If you're willing to travel look up Nikko Hurtado.

• 1Helpful
Reactions: RebelBuddha

pissed 'n horny

Preferred Parking
So, I did to my ears what I've been wanting to do since they were pierced. The right hole is high and back further than normal but the left is centered. It's bothered me ever since I got them. Being hard headed I kept it. I gauged them and the hole only shrunk to about a ten. I decided I'd go for it and pierce my right lobe again, diagonal from the first hole. There is a small tunnel in the original hole and a little ruby in the new hole.

And my left ear with centered hole and still gauged lobe.

I enjoy the irregularity while (hopefully) still aesthetically pleasing.

Stardust

How am I still alive
Premium
Got my Elephant filled in! So now it's done, until I complete my half sleeve and fill in with some colors so it all kind of melts together into one bigass tattoo. And I'm going to get my kodami peeping out of a rose! Even though it might take some convincing to do. :D

He's a bit bumpy from the fresh black ink.
DSC_0196s.jpgDSC_0195s.jpg

Gurdjieff

Banned - What an Asshat!
thats really cool, and quite unique,

i got some more ink today. photo soon

UPDATE: Here it is. Inner arm, soft skin section. Fairly generic design I assume, but it was a spur of the moment so why not, at least its not a tribal. I really love the look of severly stressed and inflamed skin, and that red hue that brand new tattoos have for the first couple of days. The photo doesnt do it justice, but other collectors will know what Im talking about. I', considering actually getting an artist to add that deep red hue to this one when it heals, to give it a slightly demonic edge.

The back story to this tattoo can be found HERE

skull.jpg

Last edited:

Stardust

How am I still alive
Premium
Reviving! So this is my rose which was by far the most painful thing. I went to and from humming with the machine, swearing like a sailor and growling(mostly growling and swearing). It took all and all about 2 and a half hours.

PhotoGrid_1394567239789.jpg

Stardust

How am I still alive
Premium
Tough healer too, hard to avoid socks and shoes for a couple of weeks while shit scabs and heals.
It is! Although I walk barefoot most o the time but it gets cold in the winter! But I've just splooged a bucket of lotion on it and then I put Saran wrap around it, so I could use wool socks. Otherwise it hasn't been that bad, except the whole swelling up and me not fitting in my shoes part and not able to walk correctly, it only lasted about 3 days though.

Shanananaaa

Bacon
Tough healer too, hard to avoid socks and shoes for a couple of weeks while shit scabs and heals.
I made sure to get my feet tattooed in the summer. Open top flats are perfect for healing. Definitely sucks either way. You have a club foot for two days.

thekid65

Walking the PG-13 line
Do you have any rib cage tats @ Shanananaaa ? If so....out of curiosity, which was worse, that or the top of the feet? I was always under the impression that as far as the sit goes, nothing more uncomfortable than a large rib piece.