WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines The Vatican is just plain old WRONG

phillyh

Fresh Meat
ok this isnt arant about actual religeous beliefs, im totally all for people believing whatever they want to.

What gets me mad as hell though is the vaticans policy.
surely the pope and the catholic church is a negative force on the world.

theres millions of people all over the world dying of HIV and at the same time , their church is telling them there not allowed to use condoms. WTF is goin on. i know the principle reason is because of the whole every sperm is sacred, but cant they just agree that "ok this is not really what we want, but something has to be done"? it seems evil to me.

Another thing. Dont they see that the whole sellabacy thing isnt working.
I mean come on poeple, any guy who during his puberty decides, i want to be a sellabate priest must have something wrong inside. ok i know its not the case for the majority, but the facts speak for themselves, the amount of child abuse and homosexuality in the church is insane. BUt will the vatican do anything about it????? no will they hell.

I was quite hopeful that when john paul died they might put a more liberal pope in, but no such luck, instead they put in an even more hardline ex hitler youth (i know that doesnt really have any bearing on things) what the hell is going on, something should be done. Because truely theres more evil in the catholic church than an al-quaiida suggestion box.

rant complete. your thoughts ppl

skwabari_shtcak

sugar daddies welcome
The one thing that bothered me about the whole annointing(?) of the new pope was his name. Benedict the sixteenth.....wasn't there a traiter named Benedict Arnold? And his last birth name is RATzinger ......hmmmmmmmmmmm...is there a pattern here? Or is it just me?

tkme2thebedroom

standard people-hater
The Roman Catholic Church is just upholding traditions. They have no choice, really. The Pope is more of a tool of others. He is not the head of the vatican, although it would seem like it. He's more of a symbol. Maybe the last Pope was actually something and was the head of it all, bgut I believe Benedict XVI is just a transition pope, really. There will never be a female pope, much less female priests. It's just unthinkable. The Church is unbelievable conservative, which is why benedict is pope now, because John Paul was too liberal for many cardianls and bishops, etc. The Church is worried because they are losing followers. One of their solutions to this is the World Youth Day which John Paul started. Young people are growing up and realizing that their faith has never explained anything to them. They are taught, "Pray to Mary because this will glorify the lord by saying she is beautiful and she will pray to God for you." Mayne people disagree with the belief that we humans are too low to communicate with God first-hand, and they dislike the idea of "saints" interceding on their prayers.

You see, the whole idea behind the church can be seen as some bit of a sham because there is not one new idea in christianity. Don't get me wrong, I myself am a Christian, but simple facts cannot be ignored. I recommend reding The DaVinci Code and the book before that Angels and Demons to see why it is the Church does what it does. They are sitting atop a fortune, which many people do not stop to realize.

Sorry this is so very long, but this is a subject of extreme passion to me, comming from a catholic background myself. One last thing, I am not Catholic. I was raised to think for myself and come up with my own beliefs, but most of my entire family is catholic, so I'm not speaking of this from a true outsider's prospective. That's all, then.

tkme2thebedroom

standard people-hater
skwabari_shtcak said:
The one thing that bothered me about the whole annointing(?) of the new pope was his name. Benedict the sixteenth.....wasn't there a traiter named Benedict Arnold? And his last birth name is RATzinger ......hmmmmmmmmmmm...is there a pattern here? Or is it just me?
Though that is funny, it also seems a bit small-minded. His name is German, so it means something else in their language, and Benedict Arnold was ONE man in AMERICAN history. The Church is world-wide, and ancient, which is why they cling to their beliefs so strongly. To Catholics, Saint Benedict was, if I remember correctly, a helper of children and the sick, but then, so many saints are, aren't they? So the Church sees his name as an honor. You must think of things from the German/Latin/Italian prospective.

phillyh

Fresh Meat
yeah i understand that, the reason they dont change is because of tradition and unfallable beliefs, but it's harming mankind in a very real way.their dogmatic views can serve a purpose, but they could serve all of mankind so much better if they made changes. its not likely to happen of course.
my heart bleeds for the millions in third world countries orphaned by or dying of AIDS while the church sits back hoping its numbers will grow and its fortune and power increase. , oh and yeah everyones read the davinci code dude.

skwabari_shtcak

sugar daddies welcome
tkme2thebedroom said:
Though that is funny, it also seems a bit small-minded. His name is German, so it means something else in their language, and Benedict Arnold was ONE man in AMERICAN history. The Church is world-wide, and ancient, which is why they cling to their beliefs so strongly. To Catholics, Saint Benedict was, if I remember correctly, a helper of children and the sick, but then, so many saints are, aren't they? So the Church sees his name as an honor. You must think of things from the German/Latin/Italian prospective.

So sorry that I am not up to par on my German history, but I am a baptized
Catholic and still believe that many changes in the church should be made. And, personally, I am not a practicing Catholic, so call me small minded, if you must, but I believe the Catholic church is a bunch of hypocrites. So you can go preach to someone that actually gives a damn cause I am not one of them.

tkme2thebedroom

standard people-hater
skwabari_shtcak said:
So sorry that I am not up to par on my German history, but I am a baptized
Catholic and still believe that many changes in the church should be made. And, personally, I am not a practicing Catholic, so call me small minded, if you must, but I believe the Catholic church is a bunch of hypocrites. So you can go preach to someone that actually gives a damn cause I am not one of them.
Okay, calm the fuck down. I wasn't criticising you. You are in the minority of catholics who actually want changes, though. Also, i can't understand why you want to be part of a religion that you think consists of hypocrits. And I didn't preech anything to you. I gave you a lesson in languistic origins. And never once did I mention german history, but rather what the name means. I mentioned catholic history. I also only siad what you said was small-minded, not you personally. So get the story straight next time, ok? Don't be so defensive, because when you are, you miss things. And I mean that in a helpful way, not in a controlling bitch way.

bombchu

b-o-n-e-r
Condoms are the shit. and the pope knows it.
Just because ol pope cant get a piece of ass he feels it is necessary to outlaw protected sex!!

RetArt

A Rampant Vagitarian
well first of all. The late Pope; John Paul II was a very liberal and a smart person. It´s just.. Pope is like Gods_voice_on_Earth..
They cant just say: "This just in. God has changed His/Her view on condoms and abortion. Apparently He/She/It was wrong."

they cant change "Gods wishes", and therefore they have to make themselves believe that this is the uktimate truth..

And I believe JPII said that condoms can be used to stop AIDS, not as means of birthcontrol. :)

AÍn german language "Ratze" means a rat. "Rat" is to advise...

I have read "Angels & Demons" (in english as it was just recently translated) and then i have also read "The De Vinci -code".. They are both a very entertaining read. I recommend.

BklynCannonball

pffffffffffttttttttttt...
Read Tom Robbin's "Another Roadside Attraction" or "Skinny Legs and All".

I'm so done with religious institutions. That's exactly what they are "INSTITUTIONS"

I DON'T WANT TO BE INSTITUTIONALIZED GODDAMNIT!