WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Movies The Village WTF?

How do you rate the film: The Village?

• 5.0 Stars [The Best]

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • 4.5 Stars

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • 4.0 Stars

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • 3.5 Stars

• 3.0 Stars

• 2.5 Stars

• 2.0 Stars

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • 1.5 Stars

• 1.0 Star

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • 0.5 Star or below! [The Worst]

• Total voters

durtytoothbrush

no piggy no!!!
I just got back from watching M. Night Shyamalon's The Village . I expected great things because of his other two great movies- Signs I didn't like so much but I loved the sixth sense. It was definately another one of those didn't see it comin' kinds of things- I left asking myself WTF??
What did you guys think?

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
durtytoothbrush said:
I just got back from watching M. Night Shyamalon's The Village . I expected great things because of his other two great movies- Signs I didn't like so much but I loved the sixth sense. It was definately another one of those didn't see it comin' kinds of things- I left asking myself WTF??
What did you guys think?
The sixth sense is a Pinnacle for him....and since he has'nt topped it...
Any hoo The Village looks O.K.....................rental??

Pachyderm

I really did.
I almost went to see it tonight, but I was too late. I heard some bad reviews about it. Even though it confused you or what ever, was it scary? suspenceful, good, what?

Broken

Member smoked too much weed!
Rating:

Give it a rating Like 1 to 5 or something.. 1 Sucks the popcorn was more amusing. 5. Y a gotta see ,,, Blah blah blah.:thumbsup: Use the thumbsup down if you have to,, for now

Pachyderm

I really did.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Just saw it tonight. It's a thinker movie, not a horror. I liked it a lot. Great cinematography, awesome-theme fitting music; Maybe something else behind the concept though.

durtytoothbrush

no piggy no!!!
Pachyderm said:
I almost went to see it tonight, but I was too late. I heard some bad reviews about it. Even though it confused you or what ever, was it scary? suspenceful, good, what?
*EDIT: SPOILERS ALERT ** (better?)

1/2 :thumbsup: from me

It wasn't scary. Not at all, but it did have some good twists in the end (i suppose) - they weren't really like "OMG" twists, they were "I'm confused now" twists. I didn't really like the ending- it was pretty abrupt with little light shed on what happens next... it was good i guess because i am pretty good at guessing what happens next and didn't with this movie so.. yeah 1/2 thumb up from me...

well i was trying not to give it away for the people that might still want to go see it and whatever. but fuck that... if that's how you feel than stop reading now... here is a synopsis:

there are these creatures that surround this little village and they are attracted to the color red (or the "bad color"). As long as the villagers stay out of the surrounding forest the creatures won't come into the village. well this stupid fucking guy goes into the forest and so the creatures have to come into the village to prove their point- everyone hides in their little trap doors until the things go away (they are out putting marks on the doors).
well the guy that went into the forest in the first place wants to go again to get medicines from the other towns. He falls in love with this blind girl and they decide to get married which makes her mentally retarded brother very jealous and angry- so he stabs the guy. Then the blind girl wants to go into the forest to get medicines for her fiance'- her dad tells her that the monsters aren't real and has her feel one of the creature costumes. so then she isn't really scared to go- but she is blind damn it. on her journey she sees one of the creatures (and at this point ur thinking WTF they aren't real). But it was really her retarded brother which escaped from "the quiet room" and stole a costume. well she kills it (she stands in front of a hole and it chases her and falls in as she ducks out of the way). She makes it to the end where she was told another village would be and a guy hooks her up with the medicine she wants because she tells him that he "has kindness in his voice". the whole village is in a wildlife preserve. she makes it back and you never find out if her bf lives or dies...then it sort of abruptly ends...

Pachyderm

I really did.
Okay, I am going to clean up dirty toothbrushes story so if you haven't seen this DON'T READ.

The people in this town are basically stranded there without any medicines or modern day conveniences. The blind girl goes into the forest after her fiance is stabbed and she is told that the creatures aren't real. She goes across the forest and kills her special brother who is pretending to be a creature. She reaches the end of this forest and climbs over the wall to which the audience discovers it's not 1897 to which we previously thought, it is modern day. The government was payed not to have airplanes go over this widelife preserve that they live in so they would all think it was still 1897. The truth is the elders of the town, founded it because they had all been affected by these horrible deaths over money, so they created like a communism so there would be no money or greed and everyone would depend on everybody else. Since the girl is blind, she doesn't know she is in modern times, she gets the medicines and goes back to town where the whole ordeal will probably start over.

durtytoothbrush

no piggy no!!!
Broken said:
Great Post..But what the hell is a half thumbsup?
it translates into "meh- i say yeh rent it" whereas a whole thumsup says "ok- go see it if you want to" and two thumbsup says "great- go see it"

Broken

Member smoked too much weed!
durtytoothbrush said:
it translates into "meh- i say yeh rent it" whereas a whole thumsup says "ok- go see it if you want to" and two thumbsup says "great- go see it"
I gotcha; we need a "Flat hand shaking" the universal half assed symbol. For bah at least I got out of the house.

better than you

It's true
Are there people in this village? Would you call them... the people of the village? Perhaps... the village people? ROFLMMFAOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!1111oneoneone I r so funneh.

Anyway, this does look like one of the better movies to be hitting the theater this summer. This and that manchurian guy running for office seem to be the only things of interest right now. Hope they're both what they're cracked up to be.

Skorch

Destroyer of worlds
Okay for future reference, if you're going to be giving away valuable information about a movie like that then you will be required to put up some sort of *Spoilers Alert* warning. I would hate to have to resort to editing posts to insert these but I'm pretty serious about not ruining a movie for everyone else.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I saw it a bit ago...

The first half of it was like a chick flick... but bonus for the badass-looking monsters, as well as a somewhat-ass kicking blind chick (she doesn't kick physical ass, but that was pretty damn cool in the scene with the monster chasing her [where it fell in to the pit]).

All in all, 3/5. The concept was great, and there was an "OMG" twist at the end (personal opinion), so I'm glad I saw it.

Skorch said:
Okay for future reference, if you're going to be giving away valuable information about a movie like that then you will be required to put up some sort of *Spoilers Alert* warning. I would hate to have to resort to editing posts to insert these but I'm pretty serious about not ruining a movie for everyone else.
fixed it