Headlines The voting system

brf132

Fresh Meat
:sword:
You want to know what really pisses me off? The god damned voting system in this fucking country. I am a college student, and I moved away from home for college, in the same state mind you, just too far to drive home to vote (6 hours). I figured I'd send an absentee ballot in because you need to be registered in the COUNTY to vote. Well I sent it in, but I sent it to the BEAVER county, not the BERKS county, and you need to send it to the one you are registered in. Well, I screwed up. And the people at the beaver county court house didn't even try and help me out, they just sent me a letter back saying i couldnt vote. they really should have fowarded the shit to berks county, actually FAXED it, because every vote counts. I dont understand why the fuck you cant just walk into a voting booth, show them ANY valid registration card, and push the god damned buttons. This would have been my first election voting on, and it is a close race. I want Bush out of office, and now my voice can not be heard. Anyone else have similar problems or want to trash the voting system? :mfinger:

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
same shit happened to me, first election i could vote in and i registered in a city 3 hours from the college...you know those people standing around on campus, with the little clipboards, asking you if you are registered and all that shit...so i filled it out to get my adress changed and new card sent to my new house...of course it never came...so i filled out the absentee ballot request online...they got me my shit within the week....i dont have a black or hispanic guy's name so i think my vote will be counted....hopefully.

breakology

Kiss my Converse
I sent in my request for an absentee ballot sometime in early july, I recieved it on Oct. 10th ... wtf? It may be to late now, but don't they have write in ballots at the post office? I almost had to resort to that myself.

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
brf132 said:
:sword:
You want to know what really pisses me off? The god damned voting system in this fucking country. I am a college student, and I moved away from home for college, in the same state mind you, just too far to drive home to vote (6 hours). I figured I'd send an absentee ballot in because you need to be registered in the COUNTY to vote. Well I sent it in, but I sent it to the BEAVER county, not the BERKS county, and you need to send it to the one you are registered in. Well, I screwed up. And the people at the beaver county court house didn't even try and help me out, they just sent me a letter back saying i couldnt vote. they really should have fowarded the shit to berks county, actually FAXED it, because every vote counts. I dont understand why the fuck you cant just walk into a voting booth, show them ANY valid registration card, and push the god damned buttons. This would have been my first election voting on, and it is a close race. I want Bush out of office, and now my voice can not be heard. Anyone else have similar problems or want to trash the voting system? :mfinger:
well I am glad your vote didn't count :)

Jung

???
Premium
_Kitana_ said:
well I am glad your vote didn't count :)
Now if we could only keep your vote from counting. People who don't follow politics and can't distinguish anti-war from anti-american shouldn't be voting for their idiot king. I find it highly laughable how many military family members actually support bush. I think I accurately portrayed it when I said idiot king, indeed. :)

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
junglizm said:
Now if we could only keep your vote from counting. People who don't follow politics and can't distinguish anti-war from anti-american shouldn't be voting for their idiot king. I find it highly laughable how many military family members actually support bush. I think I accurately portrayed it when I said idiot king, indeed. :)
Oh i think its funny how so many anti-war people are so against anything that shows any good coming out of the war. Also I would like to not ethat I think its funny to see how they think Kerry will do a much better JOB then bush and I also find it funny that the military family members who have the most to lose are against kerry and his creepy face flip floping ways. That alone would tell anyone something. I think i paint an accurate picture when I note that Kerry is creepy faced, flip flopper no. Listen to what he says wait all you hear is ANTI-BUSH.... blah blah blah..... Oh and I follow politics dumbass very closely and I also go and dig through and listen in depth to what each has to say, pick the better choice not voiting for someone cause he not BUSH.... like so many kerry supporters.

Sigh.

Jung

???
Premium
If you would bother to read my other posts, you'd know that I'm not a kerry supporter. Also if you follow politics losely you would have noticed my sig, that would be another hint that I'm not "voting for the lesser evil". You're right; good things are coming out of this war; murder, greed, securing oil for U.S. consumption, settling of an age old grudge. I'm curious what your views of "good things" coming from this war are? I honestly have yet to see any "good thing" come from this war. What's happened so far? We've occupied a country(who wasn't even directly tied to "the war on terror")[before you ignorantly comment on that, please read the 9/11 report], swapped one dictator for another, created laws for them to follow, murdered innocent civilians, sent our own soldiers to death, and for what? Weapons of mass destruction that weren't there? Oil? You obviously understand this war better than I do, so please enlighten me. The possibility that your bf/husband might be shot and killed, I guess that's a "good thing". If bush wins there will onlt be more of the same. You're loved one, along with many other's, will be deployed more and for longer periods of time. I think it would be obvious that would only increase their chances of being wounded or worse. People who don't fully understand the reason behind this war find it easy to repeat what they've heard. I could be wrong, but from your previous posts you haven't struck me as someone who follows politics very closely. Granted you may turn on CNN from time to time, but I seriously doubt you make any effort to find the truth about what's being said. Neither Bush nor Kerry are fit to lead this country. Sadly, blind citizens will never look beyond the two main parties, nor will they do anything but take main stream media's opinions as fact.

Sigh

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
_Kitana_ said:
Oh i think its funny how so many anti-war people are so against anything that shows any good coming out of the war.
Sigh.
Do you EVER stop to think about what you are saying? You are trying to ding people because they are against war.

So, that must mean you are FOR mutilation and death. Dead women, children and families. Piles of dead bodies. Is that getting you off Angel of Death?

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
We are seriously getting off topic here...and you're not going to win an arguement with Junglizm....trust me...is there more pressure to vote if you're active duty? is it easier?

Jung

???
Premium
bigck3000 said:
is there more pressure to vote if you're active duty? is it easier?
When I was enlisted we had voter awareness classes. Although, they weren't really classes, more like 15-20 minute "blocks of instruction". There really wasn't any pressure to vote, though. Voting machines were made easily accessible and the absentee ballot was explained fairly well. Of course this is only in my experience.

Off topic:
Join The Army, visit exotic places, meet strange people, then kill them.
I think that says a lot.

breakology

Kiss my Converse
MaxPower said:
Spam (Canned, not email or stupid pointless posts)
Sure ... i'll give my life for reformed, canned, processed meat ... thats as good a reason as I have heard so far .... lol ...

tzedek

Original Member
_Kitana_ said:
Listen to what he says wait all you hear is ANTI-BUSH.... blah blah blah..... Oh and I follow politics dumbass very closely and I also go and dig through and listen in depth to what each has to say, pick the better choice not voiting for someone cause he not BUSH.... like so many kerry supporters.
well then what do you hear when you listen to bush? you think bush isnt anti-kerry? give me a break.

oh yeah and im not going to be "voiting for someone cause he not BUSH", whatever that is supposed to mean. :)