WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

The wait.

ChilianFuckFace

Banned - What an Asshat!
The wait.

As I sit here, looking out the window all I can hope for is for time to pass quickly. I see the rain fall from a gray sky which only gets darker with every hour that goes by. It's not even four o'clock yet and it seems like a begging of a long night. There is no wind, as I stare at the leaves and the trees that surround me I noticed they are so still, as if time wasn't moving. All I hope is for time to rush by me. Sitting here, so many thought crossing my mind. I capture one of my many thoughts; I think to myself how many others are in my position. Sitting by their windows, waiting for their future to speed into their lives, yet taking so long to get there.

I try to move around, to do different things to keep me entertain. My CD player is on, I try to listen yet I do not hear anything. I believe there is music, I concentrate, I close my eyes and I finally listen to the sweet sound of a slow tune. I sit back down, try to focus on the pleasant sound coming out of the broken down speakers. I try to focus so much I hear the sound and it's defects. I try to keep my mind from focusing on the defects. I can't. I think about the years I have had them, these speakers are so old I think to myself, one of them must be busted. That is the only thing I can concentrate on. I try to make a mental reminder to purchase new speakers when this is all over.

It's raining so much harder now. I move across the room and position myself by the window in such way that I have a clear view of not only the gray and now even darker sky, but also of my television set. Even though I hate the fact of this happening yet again, I must keep myself informed. At least until I have electricity. Once the power is out, I will be at the mercy of my cell phone. Friends will call from time to time to get a report on the situation. They will wonder if I am still alive. I look at my watch, and time hasn't move. Only thirteen minutes have gone by.

A manly voice is shouting at me. Even though the music still plays on I can hear his voice loud. I turn towards the TV and look. There is a man soaking wet. By the look on his face and the sound of his voice, he sounds and looks terrified. I no longer understands what he is trying to say. The wind is so much that his microphone is no longer picking up his voice. It now picks up the wind which is almost taking him away. He looks young, maybe in his mid twenties. He is a tall black man, wearing a yellow jacket which is doing a very bad job covering him from the rain which at this point is hitting him from all directions.

At this point I am no longer paying any attention at what's happening inside my television. I wonder why in the world this man is there. Risking his life to keep us informed of the inevitable. Why does he put himself in such situation. I then realize it's not him, it must be his superiors. They made him risk his life for the sake of informing others, or maybe not even for that. Maybe his superiors just wanted the TOP story and didn't care about his life. I hear a sound and I come back to reality.

I go to the kitchen, look at all of the food I have purchased the days before. I stare at all this food and wonder how long it will take me to consume all of this. I catch from the corner of my eye a blue package. I feel happy I found them. It's those Oreos I like so much. I pull them out of the mountain of food which isn't yet organized in my cabinets. I open the bag slowly, take one out and enjoy the pleasures of eating what you want when you want it. I remember I need a glass of milk to feel complete. I go back to my so perfect position by the window, sit down and wait for what is suppose to be the worst hurricane of all times.

For those who have never been in a hurricane, let me tell you it's not fun. The wait is what I hate the most. Hours and hours of waiting, sometimes days of enclosure and for what? All for a huge red ball of winds to cut across your city. To invade your surroundings, to destroy your own back yard and take everything and anything in sight. It all flies away into another section of town. I won't even go into the details of the destruction. It's not part of my story. That's a whole different story, a story maybe no even the best writer can put into words.

I sit here, look at how the TV has changed but the programming is the same. I turn away from it and look at the sky, everything is so gray. The sun has been blocked by these so large clouds. The wait continues, and there is nothing anyone can do. We can only hope the wait it's over soon.

meh_it_all

WTF.com Sexy Pimp-ette.
I like how you wanted for nearly the very end to tell them what you built up to, which is very nice!
Well Done CFF.

ChilianFuckFace

Banned - What an Asshat!
Thank you meh.

DG: Thank you for the rep. I was wondering if you had any suggestions?

I took your suggestions about using http://thesaurus.reference.com/ and I think I did better.

Thank you very much, I didn't have a chance on thank you since my last post, and due the hurricane.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
CFF, there is not much I would change. It think its great. :)

skully

GO BEARS!!!!
wow that was just amazing, it flows beautifully.
If you wrote an autobiography, i would surely read it.

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
a couple of typos..

ChilianFuckFace said:
The wait.

As I sit here, looking out the window all I can hope for is for time to pass quickly. I see the rain fall from a gray sky which only gets darker with every hour that goes by. It's not even four o'clock yet and it seems like a beginning of a long night. There is no wind, as I stare at the leaves and the trees that surround me I noticed they are so still, as if time wasn't moving. All I hope is for time to rush by me. Sitting here, so many thoughts crossing my mind. I capture one of my many thoughts; I think to myself how many others are in my position. Sitting by their windows, waiting for their future to speed into their lives, yet taking so long to get there.

I try to move around, to do different things to keep me entertained. My CD player is on, I try to listen yet I do not hear anything. I believe there is music, I concentrate, I close my eyes and I finally listen to the sweet sound of a slow tune. I sit back down, try to focus on the pleasant sound coming out of the broken down speakers. I try to focus so much I hear the sound and its defects. I try to keep my mind from focusing on the defects. I can't. I think about the years I have had them, these speakers are so old I think to myself, one of them must be busted. That is the only thing I can concentrate on. I try to make a mental reminder to purchase new speakers when this is all over.

It's raining so much harder now. I move across the room and position myself by the window in such way that I have a clear view of not only the gray and now even darker sky, but also of my television set. Even though I hate the fact of this happening yet again, I must keep myself informed. At least until I have electricity. Once the power is out, I will be at the mercy of my cell phone. Friends will call from time to time to get a report on the situation. They will wonder if I am still alive. I look at my watch, and time hasn't moved. Only thirteen minutes have gone by.

A manly voice is shouting at me. Even though the music still plays on I can hear his voice loud. I turn towards the TV and look. There is a man soaking wet. By the look on his face and the sound of his voice, he sounds and looks terrified. I no longer understands what he is trying to say. The wind is so much that his microphone is no longer picking up his voice. It now picks up the wind which is almost taking him away. He looks young, maybe in his mid twenties. He is a tall black man, wearing a yellow jacket which is doing a very bad job covering him from the rain which at this point is hitting him from all directions.

At this point I am no longer paying any attention at what's happening inside my television. I wonder why in the world this man is there. Risking his life to keep us informed of the inevitable. Why does he put himself in such a situation. I then realize it's not him, it must be his superiors. They made him risk his life for the sake of informing others, or maybe not even for that. Maybe his superiors just wanted the TOP story and didn't care about his life. I hear a sound and I come back to reality.

I go to the kitchen, look at all of the food I have purchased the days before. I stare at all this food and wonder how long it will take me to consume all of this. I catch from the corner of my eye a blue package. I feel happy I found them. It's those Oreos I like so much. I pull them out of the mountain of food which isn't yet organized in my cabinets. I open the bag slowly, take one out and enjoy the pleasures of eating what you want when you want it. I remember I need a glass of milk to feel complete. I go back to my so perfect position by the window, sit down and wait for what is suppose to be the worst hurricane of all times.

For those who have never been in a hurricane, let me tell you it's not fun. The wait is what I hate the most. Hours and hours of waiting, sometimes days of enclosure and for what? All for a huge red ball of winds to cut across your city. To invade your surroundings, to destroy your own back yard and take everything and anything in sight. It all flies away into another section of town. I won't even go into the details of the destruction. It's not part of my story. That's a whole different story, a story maybe not even the best writer can put into words.

I sit here, look at how the TV has changed but the programming is the same. I turn away from it and look at the sky, everything is so gray. The sun has been blocked by these so large clouds. The wait continues, and there is nothing anyone can do. We can only hope the wait it's over soon.
i didn't touch the grammar or the flow as that is your voice, i just couldn't help noticing a few spellings..

:thumbsup: good stuff.. did you write it during or after?

Well, not to jump on the CFF bandwagon or anything, but that was pretty damn good.

Nice job, bro. :thumbsup:

BklynCannonball

pffffffffffttttttttttt...
Sorry CFF, don't mean to be rude but I can't read all that. Short attention span.

ChilianFuckFace

Banned - What an Asshat!
Thank you guys. I am trying to write more often. I need much work still but I am trying.

void said:
a couple of typos..

i didn't touch the grammar or the flow as that is your voice, i just couldn't help noticing a few spellings..

:thumbsup: good stuff.. did you write it during or after?
Thank you sir. It was before. I have to sit down and write the after, I just haven't had any time.

BklynCannonball said:
Sorry CFF, don't mean to be rude but I can't read all that. Short attention span.
No problem Bklyn... Just the thought of you makes me happy. :D