WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

The worst Birthday present

If your a noob, and you dont know anything about comptuers, most kids ask their parents to buy them a computer for their birthday. When a parent buys a computer for a child, there is a 80% change you will get a compaq.
I would never let my parents buy a computer for me, I know everything thats good, I let them know what I want. The thing about compaq is that you cant upgrade any parts, so your fucked if you own one. I have a friend that had one and his computer didnt last that long.. lol. One of the best sites for compaq was www.compaqsucks.org., It was the best site to rant and flam about compaqs.Its probally dead now, because of all the noobs that posted on the forum. The most funniest guy on the fourm was HAHAHHAA, he was fuckin hilarious. He always talked about smegma, and funny random jokes.
:banana:

kids who's parents buy them computers annoy me.

mostly because my parents never spent more than 50 bucks for my birthday.

then they go and buy my brother a 1200 dollar mountain bike.

wtf?

Man I feel so spoiled

Damn I feel so spoiled...
I get around 400$ from everyone and save up to get somthing.
I usually upgrade my pc.
If you are wondering how to get some good computer parts go to www.newegg.com .
They have the best computer parts for the best prices.
One bad problem about the site is they have a bad listing for the computers parts.
The video card I have now sux0rz, right now im using a nivdia Geforce mx 440.
Im going to buy the EVGA Nvidia Geforce 6800 GT. Dont bye the GT Ultra because it only runs at a few more fps, and its not worth the extra 100 bucks.
The Nvidia Geforce 6800GT has the new pixel shader 3.0 drivers.
So it will have sexy graphics when running Doom 3.

Hypertron

Asshole of the Year
ok here we go...

1. you can upgrade compaqs i have upgraded a few myself.
2. your a spoilded rotten brat if you get 400 from almost everyone
3. if you go to newegg your a dumbass cuz www.pricewatch.com give you the cheapest price.
4. how can newegg have the best stuff if every online computer part store has pretty much the same inventory.
5. any computer will last for a decent amount of time if you know how to take care of it.
6. and where do you get off calling people a noob when your only 15 fucking years old, when you get older and start getting certifications and stop getting everything handed to you on a fucking sliver platter and can do stuff with out haveing to look at fucking hardware guides then you can call people noobs other than that shut your fucking mouth.
7. welcome to wtf.com and FUCK YOU

i'm done now if you don't like what i said you can kiss my white ass.

FuzzMeister said:
Im going to buy the EVGA Nvidia Geforce 6800 GT. Dont bye the GT Ultra because it only runs at a few more fps, and its not worth the extra 100 bucks.
The Nvidia Geforce 6800GT has the new pixel shader 3.0 drivers.
So it will have sexy graphics when running Doom 3.
yeah um lets see...why get that when you can get this...
better video card its cheaper, ati is better for games, nvidia is really only a superior card if you run linux which i doubt you have the intelligence to run linux, so yeah stick with the ati and ive compared the two cards, the x800 runs doom3 better than the geforce 6800 GT. anyways why spend you money for a top of the line card that is gonna be obsolete in a few months when you can go for a x600 pro that is still a 256 card and its only 250 bucks.

YUCK FOU!!!

Critical Update Notification Tool.
Unforgiven said:
kids who's parents buy them computers annoy me.

mostly because my parents never spent more than 50 bucks for my birthday.

then they go and buy my brother a 1200 dollar mountain bike.

wtf?
thats what my parents got me for christmas a 1000+dollar bike

Fuck You Two!

Most compaqs are not stable, but the new compaqs are coming out fine.
But one computer im not satisfied with is Dell.
You cant really upgrade your comptuer with the dell demensions.
If your getting a dell, your going to hell!!.. LOL.....
And first of all its my FUCKING opinion... what video cards I think is good.
I personally think Nvidia is good for Doom 3. If you get a Nvidia Geforce 6800 GT it comes with a Doom3 bundle pack. You can over clock this video card by alot. You wont have to overclock it anyway because it performs so well.The ATI is good too for halflife 2, but there both good video cards. And if I get 400$ for holidays doesnt mean im spoiled. I ment to say I get around 400$, not from everyone in that old post. I have a lot of relatives that are very giving. I appreciate what I get, im not a brat like the kids in my school. This one kid in my school said he got 1000$ for christmas and said he still didnt have enough.That shows your a brat. I dont give a fuck what what you say about newegg, everyone has good reviews for most of the computer parts. The shipping is mostly on time.
Also if you could upgrad your compaq you probbaly a good well made compaq. The compaqs im talking about are compaq prasario AKA (SHITPAQ).
Fuck you and good night, anything else to say.. I DONT CARE! I DONT GIVE A FLYING FUCK!!!!
This is wtf.com, I can flame and rant all I want.

Descent

Hella Constipated
Okay, let me clear this up:

1: Fuzz got $400 total, I know the kid in real life.

2: THe 6800 series cards are superior to all of ATI's cards, due to Shader Model 3.0. IMO, anything below an X800 should be bought instead of an nVidia card. NV3xx series chips = crap.

3: Intel performs just as good as AMD, and costs much more. No reason to pay more for the same shit.

4: Tell me your reason for going ape shit on each other over fucking computer parts. That's pathetic. Now kiss and make up, you two...Don't make me post that "Special Olympics" picture.

Thanks Jim

Thanks Jimbo.. Atleast someone makes a good point.
Nvidia Geforce 6800 GT Series are great graphics. But the ATI Drivers run good.

Descent

Hella Constipated
No shit.

I have used both brands, and I like ATI more.

ATI = Better drivers

NVidia = Better performance (for 6800 series ONLY!)

I would get an X800 Pro though. I can't stand NVidia's drivers.

Ryan066

Mad Bastard
hahhaha, for the most part ... parents are computer-iliterate.

but if i was to ask my dad to buy me a computer .. i can garentee he would get me a nice one, dunno bout the vid card and ram ... but he knows his good cpu's, motherboards, hd, burners, etc.

i personally think building the computer yourself can save ya so much money!! dont get them fucking noobs at computer stores to build you a new computer ...

breakology

Kiss my Converse
Who needs parents? Just do the'ol smash and grab at your local PC retailer.
quick note: If you try this you may want to consider going for a laptop

I love the pixel shaders

I love the pixel shader 3.0 drivers on Nvidia Geforce 6800 GT. The graphics are so sexy. Doom 3 graphics on this card runs so smooth.

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
jstager said:
PS 3.0 = 33% more performance..
That's not true. There is no specific PS 3.0 code in Doom 3. Doom 3 is based off of very primative shaders. The extra speed for Nvidia's cards are due to shader replacement for the Doom 3 game. That is to say, they are using their own hand-tuned instructions in place of what the game is requesting they do.

To date, the PS 3.0 has shown no major benefit in any/all games for Nvidia. In FarCray 1.2 beta patch, the reason for the major performance update is in the collapsing of multiple lighting passes into one. This can and has been done for PS 2.0a and PS 2.0b models. They collapsed the 4 to 6 passes into a single pass for both Nvidia 6800 and X800 series. They also added GI, geometry instancing, for both ATI PS 2.0 cards and Nvidia PS 3.0 cards. Even the ATI R300 (9500/9600/9700/9800) series supports geometry instancing, and they only support PS 2.0, not even the PS 2.0a or PS 2.0b profiles. This is where they eliminate the overhead of invoking multiple draw-object calls into a single call.

If you look at the reviews of 3dMark 05 on NVidia cards, you will see that they gain nothing from using PS 3.0 over PS 2.0a.

If you want to become educated on the topic that is 3D related, I highly suggest you do a lot of reading over at Beyond3D.com.

I heard far cry sucks

I heard far cry sucks.. The graphics are awsome though. I like how the made the rag dolls, you can slice them with a knife and see them move. But the game has no point what so ever. The single player is fun but not the multiplayer. Same thing with Pain Killer. Some of the EVGA Geforce 6800 series comes with Far Cry.
Mine cimes with Doom 3 bundle, I have it already. I might give it to one of my friends or somthing.

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
I know Doom 3 sucks... Farcry is better...

For every single person that says FarCry sucks, there seems to be ten that say it is significantly better than Doom 3. I grew tired of Doom 3 after 2 hours of the same exact gameplay and levels. Despite that, I finished up Doom3 last weekend. I spent maybe 16 hours playing it. The first 60% of the game should have been shortened to be less than 10%. After the Hell level, it was a bit more interesting, but nothing amazing. After I finished the final boss character, I promptly removed it from my computer. It has no reply value and no multiplayer value. I'm just getting around to playing Farcry now. It's significantly better than Doom 3.

In either case, the GF6800 [GT] is a nice card. If I didn't already have an ATI 9800, I'd consider upgrading to it.

The only sensible upgrade options in my situation is the GF-6800 Ultra or the ATI-X800 XT. I'll likely choose the X800 since ATI releases new solid WHQL-certified drivers monthly and features exceptional image quality with gamma-corrected and temporal anti-aliasing. I've been spoiled by those two features over the past few years (ATI 9700Pro then a 9800). It's a shame Nvidia has nothing comparable in that regards.

My next card will be a short lived one if ATI releases their R520 series this spring or if PowerVR ever releases the Series 5/6 cards. They're supposed to be amazing. I doubt PowerVR will ever get the Series 5 out though. :(

Doom3..

Yea I grew tired of it too.
I begain to stop playing it for a while.
The game just has no point.
There should be more action in the game.
But I like the shadows.
Half Life 2 is a much harder game to work on because your working outsite of an envirorment.
You have to imagine all the objects aroud you.
O and by the way, Dont get Nvidia Geforce 6800 GT Ultra.
Ultra only peforms a few more fps, for the cost of 100$ more.
So its not really worth it, I would just get The Nvidia GF 6800 GT.
I wonder when they are going to make a 512 mb video card.
The graphics will look so real, that you would feel like your in the game.
:thumbsup:

Descent

Hella Constipated
Oh, I forgot to mention...pricewatch has too many shit stores that will walk all over you and treat you like shit.

I buy from Newegg because I know that I will be treated like royalty. I'm currently getting a Gigabyte dual AMD Socket A mobo for my b-day from them.

Hypertron

Asshole of the Year
jstager said:
4: Tell me your reason for going ape shit on each other over fucking computer parts. That's pathetic. Now kiss and make up, you two...Don't make me post that "Special Olympics" picture.
...i don't kiss guys, only my g/f...

Sup Hyperton, IM sorry for that argument I had the other day with you.
I didnt mean all compaqs suck.
The Hps and compaqs have been gettin better.