WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Music The "You should know about this band" thread

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
This is a nice place to put some bands that aren't particularly well-known, but are a great listen. Be sure to include the name of the band (duh) and the names of some of their songs, as well as a website (if they have one) and album/song titles.

My first pick: the Long Winters
www.thelongwinters.com
All their material is awesome, if you live eternally in the early 90's (or just like early 90's music).

morelos

lexicon incognito
if you want to hear a great band inspired by the misfits, metallica, and nirvana and whose music is really maturing well (not to mention it is spearheaded by a dear friend of mine whom women invariably think is hot), visit

http://www.mastema.com

~ dan ~

FUBAR

Jean Jacket Tough Guy
great band worth checking out would be Evergreen Terrace
i couldnt tell you if they got a website or not but one of their albums is called Writers Block its an entire album of covers and it rules
another album was self titled as Evergreen Terrace but im not sure how much they got out

Feore

love-whipped bitch
this band called Self that i've been listening to for a while. i really dont know why these guys arent more popular, as they have at least 2 dozen songs that can get stuck in your head for days on end.
Fun fact: lead singer Matt Mahaffey wrote and performed the little jingle for Expedia.com

some good songs:
Paint by Numbers
Dead Man
What Are You Thinking?
Pattycake
Trunk Fulla Amps
Borateen

CopyLifted

Funnier than a 5th grader
For the people that like metal must hear SYX. This band is out of Portland, Oregon, and in my opinion, they kick some serious ass.
Album: A cold breath of what it takes.
http://www.syxonline.com/

And for the people that like The Beatles and/or Metallica...well just check this out.
http://www.beatallica.org

Beatallica. a Beatles/Metallica influence. Just check it out. They have two albums available for download on their website. Don't worry Jason, Brit and mods, this is totally legal. Beatallica doesn't sell cd's, they put there mp3's on their website for free. Just right click on the song title and "save as" to save them to your hardrive.

FUBAR

Jean Jacket Tough Guy
hahah ive listened to beatallica....some good stuff right there...i dont know how many of you have heard of em but misery signals is a wicked band

otepsoul

Bringer of Bees
NoSubstance said:
This is a nice place to put some bands that aren't particularly well-known, but are a great listen. Be sure to include the name of the band (duh) and the names of some of their songs, as well as a website (if they have one) and album/song titles.

My first pick: the Long Winters
www.thelongwinters.com
All their material is awesome, if you live eternally in the early 90's (or just like early 90's music).
you should know the band. purge d.i.

alot of ppl know this band yet some dont... I love it though... I love all the lyrics to all the songs... they are all the truth. the band is called... "Smile Empty Soul"... I love this band and I always will...