WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Themed Chat Night.

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
Themed chat night guys.

What do you guys think of doing themed chats. Hear me out. On different nights we discuss different issues. Such as sports, politics, entertainment, writing and possibly sex chat. Have people host different people host different rooms. Would help members get to better know each other in a more real time based thing. Get question answers and your voice heard. With political we could have debate between members on sit issues. The host would be responsible for coming up and leading the event and taking the generalized catagory and putting a topic in it.

Example. Tonight is sports night. We are going to talk about the basketball game last week. Lakers vrs some other team. Or even Just basketball.

Tonight is the political debate night on the issue of Legalized drug use in America

Tonight is writers night. We are going to do a ghost story write.

Tonight is sex chat. What is the right age to start having sex.

Tonight is entertament, we will be discussing the new moving coming out. What are your thoughts on this?

What do you guys think?

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
It seems like a great idea. The more I think about it, the more I like it. I think it'd be great, only good can come of it as far as I can see.

I'd love to be part of the basketball and general sports chats - this sounds like an excellent way to spark interests, make friends, and just get to know each other. Plus it could help settle some rivalries - does anybody else foresee a DanGeo vs. Everyone like I do? ;)

Sounds good!

Jung

???
Premium
Too many channels, not enough time.:rolleyes: I pop into #wtf.com when I get a chance.

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
junglizm said:
Too many channels, not enough time.:rolleyes: I pop into #wtf.com when I get a chance.
well i realize its not going to work for everyone...
lol, thoughts on this. Have you ever done it on one of your other boards?

Jung

???
Premium
_Kitana_ said:
Have you ever done it on one of your other boards?
The music site doesn't have chat, people were scared of IRC. SA's current topic is dongs.gif.(
) Yeah, it's stupid, but it's a comedy site. I guess someone thinks it's funny.

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
everytime I go to the chat... (not very often) nobody is talkin... maybe they blocked me or someshit..

I think it would be a neat idea...

I have had a tendency to go into the chat every night lately and try to start a random conversation with someone. If there is a set topic, while it would actually get people to talk, it would steer me away sometimes.

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
TheLampIncident said:
I have had a tendency to go into the chat every night lately and try to start a random conversation with someone. If there is a set topic, while it would actually get people to talk, it would steer me away sometimes.

Its all in what the host wants to take it and where it goes and each chat would only last for an hour or two....

tzedek

Original Member
_Kitana_ said:
Themed chat night guys.

What do you guys think of doing themed chats. Hear me out. On different nights we discuss different issues. Such as sports, politics, entertainment, writing and possibly sex chat. Have people host different people host different rooms. Would help members get to better know each other in a more real time based thing. Get question answers and your voice heard. With political we could have debate between members on sit issues. The host would be responsible for coming up and leading the event and taking the generalized catagory and putting a topic in it.

Example. Tonight is sports night. We are going to talk about the basketball game last week. Lakers vrs some other team. Or even Just basketball.

Tonight is the political debate night on the issue of Legalized drug use in America

Tonight is writers night. We are going to do a ghost story write.

Tonight is sex chat. What is the right age to start having sex.

Tonight is entertament, we will be discussing the new moving coming out. What are your thoughts on this?

What do you guys think?

:thumbsdn: stupid idea

haljer

disillusioned
You would need to set up a certain time for these chats I would think. Even then I don't think there are enough members who would be online at the same time wanting to discuss the same issues. After the novelty wore off I think there would be very little participation. But fuck it's not like the people who would go to the chat sessions have much of a life anyway so it's not like your wasting any precious time by trying it!!

skylinec

Somewhere in the Between
Would it be on just wtf.com channel or over 25000 other channels?

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
For some reason, the WTF chat doesn't load for me, gives me a javascript error. :thumbsdn:

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
haljer said:
You would need to set up a certain time for these chats I would think. Even then I don't think there are enough members who would be online at the same time wanting to discuss the same issues. After the novelty wore off I think there would be very little participation. But fuck it's not like the people who would go to the chat sessions have much of a life anyway so it's not like your wasting any precious time by trying it!!
Yes there would be certain times. It doesn't just have to be people from wtf.com invite your friends and get it out.

Second of all, it wouldn't be the same topic every night it would change. It's worth a shot...