WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Theory of Evolution is wrong

DIZNUTS

Ñúñ'§ þêG £ègGéÐ /\/\å±ëý
im not bashing on the evolution or saying we were genetically enginered or made from clay or mud.....just think about it....if we "evolved" from basic mammals from 65million years ago to our present stage......why did the dinosaurs stay "dumb" after about 300+million years of evolution? i remember when i asked that question in 9th grade i got kicked out from class cuz the teacher couldn't answer the question...

MrNewbie

Me Vs. WTF.com
Why do you rail against a theory that you don't understand?

DIZNUTS

MrNewbie said:
Why do you rail against a theory that you don't understand?
it just happens.....their theory of evolution doesn't make any sence....just think about it......how could anyone evolve to "produce" you?

MrNewbie

Me Vs. WTF.com
DIZNUTS said:
it just happens.....their theory of evolution doesn't make any sence....just think about it......how could anyone evolve to "produce" you?
Evolution is the result of genetic defect upon genetic defect. There's no set course as to how things evolve; however, the animals with the best genetic defects survive the longest and live on to spread the strong genes.

Plus, I don't think your point would hold water considering that you can't spell "sense."

gurlgonewild

Was machen Sie?
numberous combinations of explanations are likely, but i like this one the best! it was our perverse liking (for some) of mating outside of our species that enabled us to survive unlike dinosours.

R

RedOctober

It should have been called the devolution theory.
The more people there are on earth, the more stupid they behave. :thumbsdn:

Woodreaux

Original Dicksman
'Nads, the folks who developed the theories about evolution did so after spending decades getting the PhD's and researching biology. If evolution really doesn't make sense to you, I recommend you go to college and study biology. Get a BS, MS and a PhD. If it still doesn't make sense after learning all of that, then you'll be a position to offer a new explanation.

ChilianFuckFace

Banned - What an Asshat!
Why after so many thousand of years we haven't evolve to have wings or be stronger or bigger or whatever? How come after so many thousand of years we are still all almost exactly the same? Skin, same colors, same nails, same everything? :confused:

MrNewbie

Me Vs. WTF.com
By the way, the croakroaches still exist even after even more time. Dinosaurs were not dumb, they perfectly fitted in the environment they were living. Animals that are "more intelligent" only survive better than their fellows if it's helping them to survive. The dinosaurs might have been too specialized for their environment, I mean there was no need to cook their food or so, so there was no need to learn how to use fire or so.

R

RedOctober

Yeah right...

Some dudes made a drawing of a bull or horse in the stone age that portray the animals like they move, and modern man can't even draw an animal you would recognize. :(

MrNewbie

Me Vs. WTF.com
ChilianFuckFace said:
Why after so many thousand of years we haven't evolve to have wings or be stronger or bigger or whatever? How come after so many thousand of years we are still all almost exactly the same? Skin, same colors, same nails, same everything? :confused:
Thousands of years is a very small dent in the timeline of evolution.

I don't understand how you can say that it doesn't make any sense when you don't understand it?

Descent

Hella Constipated
Not true...Most rodents are exceptionally stupid, and still thrive. Mice are more prevalent than rats, even though rats are smart to the point where they will not get caught in conventional traps, and must be killed by special chemicals, because they can taste most poisons as small as 1/1,000,000th the size of their food!

Humans are poorly adapted. When's the last time you caught a rabbit? Without technology, or society, humans are dead...And I've known that for ages.

Also, without epinephrin (Adrenaline) in our bloodstreams we are extraordinarily weak.

MrNewbie

Me Vs. WTF.com
Descent said:
Not true...Most rodents are exceptionally stupid, and still thrive. Mice are more prevalent than rats, even though rats are smart to the point where they will not get caught in conventional traps, and must be killed by special chemicals, because they can taste most poisons as small as 1/1,000,000th the size of their food!

Humans are poorly adapted. When's the last time you caught a rabbit? Without technology, or society, humans are dead...And I've known that for ages.

Also, without epinephrin (Adrenaline) in our bloodstreams we are extraordinarily weak.
So basically your argument is that if we didnt have certain things we couldnt survive.

That is arguing for evolution, not aganist it.

DIZNUTS

MrNewbie said:
By the way, the croakroaches still exist even after even more time. Dinosaurs were not dumb, they perfectly fitted in the environment they were living. Animals that are "more intelligent" only survive better than their fellows if it's helping them to survive. The dinosaurs might have been too specialized for their environment, I mean there was no need to cook their food or so, so there was no need to learn how to use fire or so.
then how come they didn't "evolve" into humanoid reptiles or what not?

MrNewbie

Me Vs. WTF.com
DIZNUTS said:
then how come they didn't "evolve" into humanoid reptiles or what not?
They did, just that most of them did not. Just because a species evolves into another one doesn't mean that no members of the original one exist anymore.

swizeguy

How dare you!?
ChilianFuckFace said:
Actually i believe if you look closely and do your research you will find that humans have changed slightly over the thousands of years. I know that besides a few odd balls humans have become taller then in the past and things like that.
Just do a little research before you assume that nothing has changed. In a relitivly small time frame sometimes only small things change.
Makes sence right?

swizeguy said:
Actually i believe if you look closely and do your research you will find that humans have changed slightly over the thousands of years. I know that besides a few odd balls humans have become taller then in the past and things like that.
Just do a little research before you assume that nothing has changed. In a relitivly small time frame sometimes only small things change.
Makes sence right?
I know somebody who's dad is about 5'8" and his mom is about 5'6"... and he's about 6'5".

My dad's 6'3", my mom's 5'8" and I'm 6'9".

It's a crazy world we live in.

swizeguy

How dare you!?
Unforgiven said:
I know somebody who's dad is about 5'8" and his mom is about 5'6"... and he's about 6'5".

My dad's 6'3", my mom's 5'8" and I'm 6'9".

It's a crazy world we live in.
Agreed..
I am not quite that tall but my grandfather is about 5'6'' My father 5'8" and i am about 5'11"

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
evolution primarily only occurs in the new trait or genetic mutation in some way creates a "superior race". i.e. they create competition for food, and mating that the animals without said trait have a major disadvantage competing with. because of this the animal without the trait slowly loses its numbers. in the case of the dinosaurs, im not sure, but i think that they did evolve considering that there are all those different ages in concerns to paleantology (i dont know much about this though.). besides if you are saying that either of the following is true you are an idiot anyway:
A) man has existed forever
B) the mutations that formed man from the previous specie occured in all mammals of the previous species at once.

let me explian something it takes multiple mutations to create a new specie. a species is simply a group of animals that can successfully mate with one another and create offspring that can mate. which is why horses and donkeys arent the same species since mules have hybrid sterilization. same with ligers. however dogs are all in the same species. so basically to say that evolution is crap is to suggest that you are stupid, ignorant, or very religous. im guessing the one of the first two and more than likely the second one.