Movies They Live

Dark Fader

[]D [] []V[] []D
Remember this Classic?

Is it me, or does the development on modern movies lack the creativity that give them an interesting impact?
Carpenter was genius, and built upon an existing foundation called 60's and 70's Sci-Fi, Horror, etc. deriving his material from childhood inspirations such as HP Lovecraft.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

RebelBuddha

Rey de Currumpaw
For its Time it was a fantastic movie. Unique in a lot of ways. In some circles its still looked upon favorably for its messaging.

These days it would seem as though every movie is recycled bullshit, or woke recycled bullshit. Additionally, creators have to be concerned with messaging, correct demographic ratios, making sure not to cast fovorable light on White middle class families etc. There are so many barriers put up against creativity these days that its no wonder all creativity and chance has moved out of the film industry. Which is fairly perplexing considering all these publishing and film platforms.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BeautifulSniper

Lovely and deadly
Premium
For its Time it was a fantastic movie. Unique in a lot of ways. In some circles its still looked upon favorably for its messaging.

These days it would seem as though every movie is recycled bullshit, or woke recycled bullshit. Additionally, creators have to be concerned with messaging, correct demographic ratios, making sure not to cast fovorable light on White middle class families etc. There are so many barriers put up against creativity these days that its no wonder all creativity and chance has moved out of the film industry. Which is fairly perplexing considering all these publishing and film platforms.
I get tired of movie studios releasing the same types of movies over and over. I wish that they would release movies did something new. There are plenty of revolutionary old movies that people still talk about, and there are few recently made movies you could say the same thing about.

• 1Like

BlastemSkyHigh

The Original Fuck You Bomb
Best part of that movie was Roddy Piper and Keith David playing the "Woke" peoples with the glasses,
them two had a most awesome scrapping going on..it was real enough according to Keith, Roddy pulled no punches there.

• 1Like

Dark Fader

[]D [] []V[] []D
There are so many barriers put up against creativity these days that its no wonder all creativity and chance has moved out of the film industry

That statement is really confounding if you read it at it's most simplistic form. And I think it's true on many levels... not just film.
We (as a society) are telling our children that it's ok to be complacent in life, and lack an imagination.

'Facebook posts, Political agendas, and Twitter fire is FAR MORE important than your stupid drawing, kid.'

It was my imagination, and drive, that pushed me through many barriers in life. Accepting the criticism along with the praise equally.
Career wise it's pushed me to a title as an Engineer, though I lack a College degree.
Imagination is KEY for children to develop, to find their identity, in turn benefitting society.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Out2Lunch

☠️
Indeed.
Vei.gif

• 1Like

TheRover

Mostly_Liquid
This film blew me away with its greatness and I had no idea of its cult status at the time, Fuck Dwayne Johnson's garbage, Roddy Piper is the best wrestler turned actor with this one movie.

And yeah there are so may crappy movies abound and become so formulaic and franchises are further stifling creativity and daring to create something new.

It's like oh this works let's go with this, it doesn't just apply to movies and it's pretty depressing

The director of Mandy give a good interview where he talks about modern movies and the tyranny of perfection, look it out.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users