WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

They're trying to Fuck us all!

WhiskeyBoy

Host of WhiskeyBoy Radio!
So let me see if I understand how this fuck system works!!! You legally have to have auto insurance, which you can't afford. They then ticket you, with a ticket you can't afford, so they issue a warrant, you can't pay. They the tickets you can't pay for insurance you can't afford pile up. So they revoke your drivers license, until you now get SPECIAL (more expensive) insurance, that you can't REALLY afford now, since you can't legally drive to work. They when you get the unobtainable insurance, and pawn your soul to payoff all your tickets, you still have to pay a special fee just to get your license back! Hmmm... anyone thing this is FUCKED UP?!??

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
yep pretty fucked up. i know, my liscence will be suspended in october if I dont file an sr-22.

</rant>

Tenderony
WhiskeyBoy said:
So let me see if I understand how this fuck system works!!! You legally have to have auto insurance, which you can't afford. They then ticket you, with a ticket you can't afford, so they issue a warrant, you can't pay. They the tickets you can't pay for insurance you can't afford pile up. So they revoke your drivers license, until you now get SPECIAL (more expensive) insurance, that you can't REALLY afford now, since you can't legally drive to work. They when you get the unobtainable insurance, and pawn your soul to payoff all your tickets, you still have to pay a special fee just to get your license back! Hmmm... anyone thing this is FUCKED UP?!??
Bicycle.

</rant>

Skorch

Destroyer of worlds
Yeah, insurance in America is all fucked up. Basically, if people didn't make sueing into the new national passtime, insurance companies could afford to keep rates barely affordable, not that they wouldn't still try to fuck as much money out your ass anyway.

betrayed

Banned - What an Asshat!
I'm with rant on this one, I use my bike to get places, I average 32 mph anyways (its a kickass roadbike, tour de frace style) .. I'm getting a car soon, an old volvo :thumbsup:

having a car is a pain in the ass, especially if your a male that isn't on the honor roll, because then your insurance is astronomical

skylinec

Somewhere in the Between
really i don't know how it fells to have a hell of a lot of responsability........but i digress.......the world is on a very fragile system.........wait only the U.S.........that if the gov't and police don't give of tickets and ask for money the world will go to hell and be messed up even more than it is now..............and also it goes to a good cause....to fund skools, police,firefighting, and public programs...............and the fact of auto insurance your supposed to pay alot so if you total a car they can fix it...............so deal with it

brad_nz

Just another white guy
WhiskeyBoy said:
you realise how this could get worse?
one day he cant turn up for work on time -because of no form of transport...
so he gets a written warning.
then one day he turns up late - again. this time to find his boss with his weeks wages and the words- fuck off dont come back

brad_nz

Just another white guy
i say fuck insurance companies!!!!!
they are the gift of hell
and many ranters at wtf.com are familiar with hell- its the world that all of us live in today..

skylinec

Somewhere in the Between
brad_nz said:
i say fuck insurance companies!!!!!
they are the gift of hell
and many ranters at wtf.com are familiar with hell- its the world that all of us live in today..
how can it be a gift from hell....because hell isn't nice and doesn't give gifts but also wait I'm Confuzzled

lynduhland

Prone to Bad Karma
sigh and if you dont have a car especially in los angeles, you basically can kiss your life goodbye.

I lived in L.A. for about 2 months.

Take the bus dah-ling.

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
Insurance is legalized gambling... but its a gamble you are happy you took should you get in an accident.. or if some dumbass decides to break your windows or some shit..

Skorch

Destroyer of worlds
Except whenever you actually get into an accident your insurance goes up and they make their money back off you over time anyway. Muthafuckas never miss an angle.

Clutchtwice

_ потерял душу _
WhiskeyBoy said:
Yes indeed very fucked up but you left out there main form of income ,goverment that is ,,, Court costs now days it costs out the ass to pay court costs here in NC it's almost at 200$ and them fucking court rooms are packed tight everyday!

Heres to the system :mfinger:

swizeguy

How dare you!?
idunno69 said:
having a car is a pain in the ass, especially if your a male that isn't on the honor roll, because then your insurance is astronomical
dude honor roll doesnt help that much... im a 16 year old driver that has had my license for almost a year now and im on the honor roll and it still is very expensive. There is no way out.
I friggin hate insurance companies. i got a job and i still cant afford to do jack shit because i pay for my insurance and what little i have left goes for gas money or for FUCKING REPAIRS.. AHH i am going to have to sink ATLEAST 160 bucks into my car this week for a new cv joint and some other shit which is gonna add up quick. so yeah i understand.
SCREW ALL THE GREADY BASTARDS AT THE INSURANCE COMPANIES!!! :mfinger:

mariusthegreat

:: What Ebonics ::
WhiskeyBoy said:
They then ticket you, with a ticket you can't afford, so they issue a warrant, you can't pay. They the tickets
why exactly did you get the tickets??
How old are you, i was under the impression that once you turned 25 insurance went down dramatically....anyways.you need to be a responsible driver. Responsible drivers dont get tickets. Unless youre caught speeding, 93 on a 65, like me...which you can bullshit your way out of. Anyways dude...thats how it is everywhere, id rather you have insurance that costs you a ton, so that when you hit a car like mine, it can get paid for..
seems youre gonna have to deal with it for now till you get a little older...its the same all around..its expensive for anyone under 25...oh and also..what kind of car do you drive? its a lot more expensive for sports cars....2 door....big engine...oh dont forget expensive cars....

Edit:
p99 said:
I'm with rant on this one, I use my bike to get places, I average 32 mph anyways (its a kickass roadbike, tour de frace style) .. I'm getting a car soon, an old volvo :thumbsup:
What brand? I do MT. Biking. Trek 6500. 2 months to save up for that baby...

Descent

Hella Constipated
My bike:

A Mongoose Pro Sniper.

It's a stunt bike...I bought it because I wanted to do stunts, and also because it was so compact. Turns out I was too fat to do any stunts, and now I really want a mountain bike.