WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Things I hate about getting a new job.

YogurtExplosion

Sniper Wolf
1. Requesting nearby jobs on job seeking sites, and they give me a bunch of jobs that are far away instead.

2. Posting my resume and get mostly spam callers. FTC needs to regulate the phone lines and ban these fuckers!

3. Getting emailed job offers for irrelevant jobs. Read the fucking resume and look for the appropriate resumes, you shithead!

4. I get told to show up a certain time for the interview, and when I show up early they tell me I'm late. Even though I have concrete proof that I am right.

5. The interviewers don't show any interest in me, and ask the same questions that were on the questionnaire on the job website.

Fuck me. And this job isn't even that great, but I want to keep paying my bills and have extra money. Just fuck me.

aussiefooty

Hoodrat
If you are serious about getting an awesome job then change that shitty attitude.
Turn up at least 30 minutes before the interview time.
You need to understand that you start at the bottom and you have to improve to get promoted.
The employers might be arseholes but you need to impress them with your progress rather than being a fuckstick towards them.

YogurtExplosion

Sniper Wolf
The employers might be arseholes but you need to impress them with your progress rather than being a fuckstick towards them.
I'll stop being a fuckstick when HR stops getting their schedule wrong and ignore the paperwork I already sent them. I can pull out the official papers they gave me if you think I'm lying. You demand I be professional but expect me to accept unprofessional behavior.

Besides, I'm changing jobs to get a better job, not to restart at the bottom. Doesn't mean I have to accept sloppy hiring practices.

• 1Beer
Reactions: CoprophagousCop

CoprophagousCop

Old and bold and doesn't do what he's told.
Premium
Human Resource people tend to be an incompetent lot more often than not. I think I have gotten more jobs by going to places to apply for jobs and wind up talking directly to the manager. I wish companies did audits on their HR people. I apply for jobs in which I am more than qualified and never get an interview. Meanwhile, the position stays posted for months. I sometimes wonder if companies get a tax credit if they pretend they are looking for help.

• 1Helpful
Reactions: YogurtExplosion

Unforgiven

That Guy
My favorite is when everybody wants people with experience, but it's impossible to get experience if people don't hire you, which they don't cause you don't have experience.

I'm so glad I'm past those days.

• 1Agree

YogurtExplosion

Sniper Wolf
Human Resource people tend to be an incompetent lot more often than not. I think I have gotten more jobs by going to places to apply for jobs and wind up talking directly to the manager. I wish companies did audits on their HR people. I apply for jobs in which I am more than qualified and never get an interview. Meanwhile, the position stays posted for months. I sometimes wonder if companies get a tax credit if they pretend they are looking for help.
I've heard that companies have to announce job offers and interview people before hiring people within the company or outsource overseas. I have no idea if this is true or now, but that's the rumor.

Anyway, yesterday was my first day. I had to help somebody else all day who claimed to know how to do computer work, but couldn't operate a computer. Couldn't even move the mouse without misclicking things and accidentally highlighting text all over the screen. It was a long day, and because I didn't get much sleep, I was irritated for the second half of the shift. She didn't come back today thankfully.

Today was much better. I figured out the system mostly and I'm ready to speed on ahead!

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
I don't see anyone complaining about the casting couch. Guess I'll just go on using it. Sure beats the stuffy old interview process. It quickly eliminates those not willing to go the extra mile.

• 1WTF!?