WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

This dvd software sux ass!

NaughtyGirl21

Formally Cuddles
2,197
0
0
#1
This really sucks. I got a bunch of video files and I wan't to burn them to a dvd. I have a dvd burner on my computer and the software that came with it does not remotely let you burn video files to dvd. It lets you make audio cds and data stuff but no dvds...I think that is a load of crap. Why give software that has nothing to do with burning dvds to you with a dvd burner? I need to know what is a good software I can get to burn video files onto a dvd that is not too expensive?
 

skylinec

Somewhere in the Between
3,192
0
36
#3
CuddleMuffin said:
This really sucks. I got a bunch of video files and I wan't to burn them to a dvd. I have a dvd burner on my computer and the software that came with it does not remotely let you burn video files to dvd. It lets you make audio cds and data stuff but no dvds...I think that is a load of crap. Why give software that has nothing to do with burning dvds to you with a dvd burner? I need to know what is a good software I can get to burn video files onto a dvd that is not too expensive?
old fashion way.......CD
 

Fire_ze_Missles

Martha Fuckin' Stewart
1,622
5
38
#4
With software like Nero, you need to have a special plug-in (of which you had to buy) to be able to burn .avi files onto dvd's. Now, this plug-in is readily available for free on the internet, you just have to google it ;). Maybe, for your program, you might also need a special codec to be able to burn said video files to a dvd. I personally use ImgBurn to burn all of my dvds. There are plenty of sites out there devoted to the burning of DVDs, Google that too. :thumbsup:
 

tzedek

Original Member
2,515
3
38
#6
you can play dvds off a cd-r.... so im sure he did read everything you wrote
 

skylinec

Somewhere in the Between
3,192
0
36
#7
CuddleMuffin said:
you did not read everything I wrote did you?
screw you i did
but it would be alot easier to just put it on CD and deal with it
 

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
2,347
0
0
#8
Skyline-Cobra said:
screw you i did
but it would be alot easier to just put it on CD and deal with it
Don't be an ass! She specifically asked for DVD burning software, Not how to put it on a CD. If you don't have the answer, don't fucking respond!
 

skylinec

Somewhere in the Between
3,192
0
36
#9
TwisT said:
Don't be an ass! She specifically asked for DVD burning software, Not how to put it on a CD. If you don't have the answer, don't fucking respond!
i'm just stating what i think she should do
 

NaughtyGirl21

Formally Cuddles
2,197
0
0
#11
smoke-it said:
Thats why, I buy a new computer.
huh, A new computer? What are you talking about? I don't need a new computer. My dvd burner is new, I had it for a couple of months but never really burned any dvds on it. I just wanted to know if there is any good but not too exspensive dvd burning software I can get because the burner did not come with one, thats all :thumbsup:

Do you need a new computer...lol. I bought this one for $300 and its a good deal. It may be reconditioned but I put everything else in it and put the latest stuff in it. It works 100 times better than the one thats in the other room...lol.
 

NaughtyGirl21

Formally Cuddles
2,197
0
0
#13
thanks guys, but I finnally found a good software to use. I found Roxio easy cd and dvd creater 7 and downloaded it. Its works great. I am not going to tell you how I got it for free becuase of the rules on this site.
 

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
2,583
0
0
#17
haha yeah, mines so slow, and it uses dialup. Yay dialup!! :sword: :sword: :mfinger:
 

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
6,775
248
118
#18
My friend downloaded "The Lord of the Rings - The Return of the King" in full quality, the entire movie, a month before it came out in theatres.

It took him two days... on T1.

He had to take it to a hardware store to get it double-layer burned (he knew the owner).

And then, when it came out, he bought it.

:thumbsup:
 

Jung

???
Premium
13,970
1,391
487
#19
NoSubstance said:
It took him two days... on T1.

He had to take it to a hardware store to get it double-layer burned (he knew the owner).

And then, when it came out, he bought it.

:thumbsup:
Lots of people download dvd's. The scene is just starting to release the dual layer (9GB) releases. Taking 2 days on a T1 doesn't say much, a T1 (1.54Mb) is usually slower than most cable or DSL (1-4Mb) downstream. For instance my cox cable service give me 4Mb down, which is definately faster than a T1.
 

Fire_ze_Missles

Martha Fuckin' Stewart
1,622
5
38
#20
junglizm said:
Lots of people download dvd's. The scene is just starting to release the dual layer (9GB) releases. Taking 2 days on a T1 doesn't say much, a T1 (1.54Mb) is usually slower than most cable or DSL (1-4Mb) downstream. For instance my cox cable service give me 4Mb down, which is definately faster than a T1.

Don't they have Fiber Optic's now? Or was I lied too, and the T3 is still top dawg?