WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

this is fucked up

so this guy that wants to date me says hes going to overdose on drugs tomarrow because i wont go out w/ him. and he isnt gonna pick up his phone or want to see me ever either. what should i do? i know it isnt really my fault but i cant help but feeling partly responsible.

id appreciate some advice because id hate to feel responsible for the death of one of the few people that really know me but i do want to end things between us..men are so complicated(j/k i know women are too)

Nailbomb

I'm just really nice.
He's just talk. You got nothing to worry about.

LiberatioN

Trance Addict
tell him if he really wants you to be happy that he not hurt himself. if you're good friends, remind him how much you care about him but tell him that you dont see him in that way. he'll definitely have a problem with that, but whatever you do, dont alienate him.

edit:
Nailbomb said:
that's what they said about columbine prior to the incident.

Nailbomb said:
okay, yeah i hope so. that pisses me off though because he's trying to manipulate me like that. he most likely will do something really dumb though even though he wont end up dying

LiberatioN said:
tell him if he really wants you to be happy that he not hurt himself. if you're good friends, remind him how much you care about him but tell him that you dont see him in that way. he'll definitely have a problem with that, but whatever you do, dont alienate him.

edit:

that's what they said about columbine prior to the incident.
well if i wouldnt be able to talk to him he's alienating himself because theres nothing i can do but wait till nothing happens or another newspaper article on a teen suicide comes up

LiberatioN

Trance Addict
if you know where he lives, id make the extra effort and go over there to show that you're really concerned about his overall well-being. if not, well just pray for the best. :(

bnccoder

Postaholic
9 times out of 10 when someone says that they don't go through with it. Having your stomach pumped sucks ass, the nurse trying to get the activated charcol to stay down while pouring it down the tube sucked more, waking up the next day and realizing your're still alive sucked the worst though. I'm glad I'm alive now though and I wouldn't change it for the world.