WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

This world hates me.

Why? Because I'm tall. And, for some reason, most companies seem to think that there are no tall people in this world.

Finding clothes that actually fit is a bitch. It used to be easy, until the people I usually bought from stopped ordering stuff in for me. Also, clothes for tall people seem to be 3 times more expensive as clothes for "regular-sized" people.

I'm wearing a hoodie right now, which is size XL. When I extend my arms, there's a full 4 inches between the end of the sleeve and my wrist. I wear 36x36 pants. Finding that size is a bitch, because people seem to think that everybody in the world stops growing when they reach a 34" inseam. I was browsing sears catalogue once looking for pants. I found a lot that went up to 42" waist and 34" inseam. But were there any in my size? Of course not.

Why? Because the world likes fat... umm, sorry... large, people better than tall people.

It's fucking bullshit. And I'm sick of it. Why the hell should I have to spend 100 bucks american from some american company on the internet for a pair of jeans that actually fit, when everybody else around here's spending 30 bucks Canadian?

Bitches. All of them.

Slacker

Postaholic
I know what your talking about. I need a 36" inseam too. But i have to go to Mens Big and tall and they have clothes that fit. I think they go up to 46" inseam but i am not sure. I am 6' tall and I way around 150 pounds. I am not fat, but they seem to think so....

Well, I'm 6'9" tall.

For waist, 34 is too small, 36 is too big, and there's no in between.

We don't have any big and tall stores here. Nearest one's in Prince George, which is a 4 hour drive.

Signify

Particinator
well, I am only 5'8...therefore I am short. But the odd part is that i have a longer upper body when compared to my legs. Pants that fit around the waist are about 4-5 inches to long. I am not fat, i wear a size 28'. All of my sleeves never fit either.
So i feel for you unforgiven...well, i think that i do. Maybe im way the hell off here.
Wow...you are like a foot taller than i am. thats crazy.

Easty

Click click boom
dude, that sucks. i know how hard it is to find clothes that fit. i got a hoody thats XXL and it rocks. smells a bit though...

anyway, go with a 36, then eat a little more. works for me :thumbsup:

The problem with that, eastside, is I can eat all I want and I won't get any bigger or gain weight.

I wear a 36 and just wear a belt with it.

I have a friend who's 6'8" that probably has similar problems. I know he wears a size XL shirt but I have no idea what he does for pants.

Easty

Click click boom
then how about the swisher basketball pants, or sweat pants, you know something with elastic on the waist?

zbuzz

Banned - What an Asshat!
Unforgiven said:
The problem with that, eastside, is I can eat all I want and I won't get any bigger or gain weight.
Don`t eat all you want, eat just things that are supposed to be good for you.. Well, at least junk food doesn`t make me any fatter but normal food does..

Boycott

Soul Doubt
Unforgiven said:
Are you constantly moving? Like tapping your foot, moving your leg when you're sitting down etc?

I think there was a study that suggested that people with a "higher motabolism" were constantly moving, and by moving losing calories, and collectively it turned out to be a lot of calories burnt per day...

I'm skinny as fuck, and I never stop moving... I'm only about 5'9" though, so clothes are easy...

Base

it's a motherfucker
Unforgiven said:
Well, I'm 6'9" tall.
thats pretty tall, what about custom made stuff. a bit more expensive i guess but at least it'll fit.

Boycott said:
Are you constantly moving? Like tapping your foot, moving your leg when you're sitting down etc?

I think there was a study that suggested that people with a "higher motabolism" were constantly moving, and by moving losing calories, and collectively it turned out to be a lot of calories burnt per day...

I'm skinny as fuck, and I never stop moving... I'm only about 5'9" though, so clothes are easy...
I rarely stop moving.

My work makes me move a lot. And, when I'm sitting, it seems I'm always shaking my leg.:happysad:

skully

GO BEARS!!!!
Unforgiven said:
I rarely stop moving.

My work makes me move a lot. And, when I'm sitting, it seems I'm always shaking my leg.:happysad:
shaking the leg, or the thing between the leg? :p

my sisters BF is really tall too, and his feet are a size 14, he can never find good shoes to fit him. he knows your pain.
i'm only 5'3" i have the opposite problem, everything is too freekin long. i hate being so short.

I have size 14 feet.

Finding shoes is a bitch. Thankfully I only have to buy one pair every 5 years or so.:happysad:

well thats cause you rarely leave your house.
ya my sister usually looks in victoria for him, still hard to find even in the big cities.

leehype

drunk with a jeep problem
I'm there with you unforgiven, I'm 6'2'' and weigh 142 pounds. being military, I allways have to custom buy my uniforms. It takes me 3 weeks to get any type of uniform item, and because I do alot of painting, I'm always replacing my coveralls:mad:

I wear the same size shoe as well, and it takes me 3 months to get a pare of boots, and they cost just under $300.

Sinamon

~Broken Angel~
Aww, sorry hun. Are you talkin bout the hoodie I gave you? Yah, it did look a lil small when I put it on yah, but I didn't think it was that bad :confused:. Now, the t-shirt I gave yah was short as hell, lol, but it's an extra large too and I thought for sure it would fit if it almost goes to the bottom of my thigh. Ahh well, we'll find yah some :p

Yeah, I'm 6'3 and feel your pain. Especially with shoes since I wear a size 14 as well. I always come across five 13 and a halfs before I finally find a 14 and when I do find 14s they're always shoes that I do not want. :happysad: