WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Discuss This years Flu Vaccine spreads the Flu, not prevents it.

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
A bombshell new scientific study published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS) finds that people who receive flu shots emit 630% more flu virus particles into the air, compared to non-vaccinated individuals.
In effect, this finding documents evidence that flu vaccines spread the flu, and that so-called “herd immunity” is a medical hoax because “the herd” is actually transformed into carriers and spreaders of influenza.

http://www.thedailysheeple.com/flu-...s-flu-vaccines-actually-spread-the-flu_012018

------------------------- the science ----------------------------------
Snip

"The association of current and prior year vaccination with increased shedding of influenza A might lead one to speculate that certain types of prior immunity promote lung inflammation, airway closure, and aerosol generation. This first observation of the phenomenon needs confirmation. If confirmed, this observation, together with recent literature suggesting reduced protection with annual vaccination, would have implications for influenza vaccination recommendations and policies."

http://www.pnas.org/content/115/5/1081

------------------------------

Science. I'm sure they'll remove this little gem as soon as they see how it flies in the face of all the paid for lies about the safety of vaccines.

------------------------------

Let me add this one.

A North Texas teacher has died from complications from the flu this week after being forced to receive a mandatory flu shot at the school she worked at.

Heather Holland, a second-grade teacher at Ikard Elementary School, died a needless death over the weekend.

School teachers in the U.S. are required by law to receive mandatory flu vaccinations or risk being suspended from their teaching job.

President Trump recently announced that he is laying the groundwork to ban the practice of mandatory vaccinations so that needless deaths such as Heather’s can be avoided.

Chron.com reports: Holland got sick about a week ago and took medication, but delayed picking up the prescription due to the $116 copay, according to the newspaper.

By Friday night, Holland’s condition worsened and she was taken to the hospital. Her husband Frank Holland told the Weatherford Democrat that she died Sunday morning.

http://yournewswire.com/north-texas-teacher-dies-flu-shot/

----------------------------------------------

Now for my opinion. I don't think these are unrelated. Discuss. Or not, since it's scary.

Jung

???
Premium
This is a perfect example of scientific ignorance leading to mistaken conclusions based in narrative and bias. P < 0.10 is not statistically significant, and they are relying on self-reported data in many cases. The results also seem to be specific to the influenza strain, rather than vaccination itself. Even though these findings have higher calculated probability, they are still not terrible significant.

At best, this study points to the need of further studies in this area. It does not supporting the narrative you are trying to paint here.

Self-reported
vaccination for the current season was associated with a trend (P < 0.10) toward higher viral shedding in fine-aerosol samples; vaccination with both the current and previous year’s seasonal vaccines, however, was significantly associated with greater fine-aerosol shedding in unadjusted and adjusted models (P < 0.01). In adjusted models, we observed 6.3 (95% CI 1.9–21.5) times more aerosol shedding among cases with vaccination in the current and previous season compared with having no vaccination in those two seasons.

Vaccination was not associated with coarse-aerosol or NP shedding (P> 0.10). The association of vaccination and shedding was significant for influenza A (P = 0.03) but not for influenza B (P = 0.83) infections (Table S4).

CoprophagousCop

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium
This reminds me of a job I once had. During the training period, our boss passed out a single floppy disk (yes, this was over twenty years ago), that contained a virus scanner application, to us two dozen trainees. He told us not to copy the application onto our workstations because he said if our workstations became infected with a virus, it could compromise the virus scanner software. I ignored his advice and copied the software onto my computer's hard drive from where I would periodically run it. Later on, everyone, except me, got a virus on their computers. It turned out the virus was spread through the floppy disk with the virus scanner software. :fpalm:

Billybob

Gimmie Pwnies
Premium
My coworker got the flu shot. I didn't.
I'm out for the week with the flu. He's at work.

Therefore this whole argument is wrong.

JLXC

Premium
This is a perfect example of scientific ignorance leading to mistaken conclusions based in narrative and bias. P < 0.10 is not statistically significant, and they are relying on self-reported data in many cases. The results also seem to be specific to the influenza strain, rather than vaccination itself. Even though these findings have higher calculated probability, they are still not terrible significant.

At best, this study points to the need of further studies in this area. It does not supporting the narrative you are trying to paint here.
It must be nice to be an expert on everything. I'll make sure to run all science, on every subject in the world, by you. Thanks.

Jung

???
Premium
It must be nice to be an expert on everything. I'll make sure to run all science, on every subject in the world, by you. Thanks.
Pretty simple concept here: don't post data you don't understand. Especially don't claim truth based on it if you want to be taken seriously.

Crazizniac

Particinator
Wait up Jung you can't take away his entire platform. Give him some room to hypothesize openly but keep him from all out rebellion with gentle but firm citation and context.

Tsuki

Fresh Meat
Flu shots are MANDATORY for teachers, and as result only one died? (Let's be generous and say about ten teachers died across the U.S just cause) I am loving those odds! I want the vaccine they are having!

JLXC

Premium
Pretty simple concept here: don't post data you don't understand. Especially don't claim truth based on it if you want to be taken seriously.
Wow, that showed me. I mean, you're the expert on everything of course.

It's not like I can post link after link from people, including doctors and scientists, who think you're full of shit.

https://www.naturalnews.com/2018-01...ots-flu-vaccines-actually-spread-the-flu.html

Nope, Jung has spoken. Proven Expert on Everything BECAUSE HE SAYS SO.

How about this? You're full of it. Your opinion is not shared by experts. You can stop pretending superiority. You have none. The only experts who agree with you are PAID TO DO SO.

You're like Snopes all rolled into one person. If I need your opinion on a subject, I'll just go to the government propaganda site Snopes and read your opinion.

Jung

???
Premium
Wow, that showed me. I mean, you're the expert on everything of course.
Oh drop your smarmy framing. This isn't about being an expert; hell, this isn't even my field. These are fucking basics. P values and confidence index is literally the first thing you learn when learning how to read a research paper. You haven't put in even the tinest bit of effort to understand your own citations, and yet you expect people to take you seriously (or you get butthrt and call us names).

You're responding with emotion because it's all you have as ammo here.

How about this? You're full of it. Your opinion is not shared by experts.
First of all, you're lying. I already demonstrated that the study itself doesn't support your claims. You uncritically cited it without ever reading or understanding it.

Secondly, Naturalnews.com isn't an academic journal. An op-ed piece has nothing to do with the actual data.

JLXC

Premium
Oh drop your smarmy framing. This isn't about being an expert; hell, this isn't even my field. These are fucking basics. P values and confidence index is literally the first thing you learn when learning how to read a research paper. You haven't put in even the tinest bit of effort to understand your own citations, and yet you expect people to take you seriously (or you get butthrt and call us names).

You're responding with emotion because it's all you have as ammo here.

First of all, you're lying. I already demonstrated that the study itself doesn't support your claims. You uncritically cited it without ever reading or understanding it.

Secondly, Naturalnews.com isn't an academic journal. An op-ed piece has nothing to do with the actual data.
You didn't Prove a god damn thing.

You stated your fucking OPINION. GET IT?

Good for you. You have one. I have one. Awesome.

You can say whatever you like, doesn't make it real. You can call this all B.S. because you imagine yourself right. There are Experts who disagree with you. So now what?

Second, naturalnews is not a academic journal, true. Insinuating it has "nothing to do with the data" is once again YOUR OPINION, NOT FACT.

So you can stop pretending you are right, and I am wrong, because You fucking Said so.

Other people can look for themselves and make up their minds. You need to stop stepping in for the state to defend them at every turn comrade. Maybe you should ask for a paycheck arguing for every fucking Propaganda point for the government over the years. I hear you can make 3.50 a reply doing that.

JLXC

Premium
CDC Doctor, Who Claimed Flu Shot Caused Outbreak, Missing Feared Dead

The CDC doctor who controversially warned this year’s “disastrous” flu shot may be responsible for the deadly flu epidemic sweeping the country, has been reported missing and is feared dead.
Dr. Timothy J. Cunningham, a team lead with CDC’s Division of Population Health, has been missing for over a week, according to Atlanta police, with family and police desperate for answers regarding his sudden disappearance.

http://yournewswire.com/cdc-doctor-flu-shot-dead/

---------------------------------------------------

I'm sure it's not related. Can't be true. One of MANY people who have broken CDC protocols (lying to the public) and then vanished/suicided/died mysteriously.

But it's paranoid to think there may be some kind of question about this. I mean it was simply a CDC employee speaking about this, what a loon. Good thing he vanished so you can all go back to sleep.

-----------------------------

Edited to add a CNN link so I don't have to hear the moronic denials about how yournewswire is fake or some stupid shit. There are many more sources as well. So attacking the messenger wont work.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/26/health/missing-cdc-doctor/index.html