WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Thoughts from Michael Moore

Status
Not open for further replies.

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
1,329
0
0
#1
[font=Verdana, Helvetica]Thursday, November 4th, 2004[/font]

[font=Verdana, Helvetica]My first thoughts about the election...[/font]

Edited out of respect for the families of those who have no voice online here, and for those who may not want their names in lights or have wounds that are way too recent to have yet healed. -Admin

[font=Verdana, Helvetica]Unfortunately I couldn't list all the Americans who lost their lives needlessly. Not enough space in this Post window.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Helvetica]May they rest in peace.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Helvetica]And may they forgive us someday.



-- Michael Moore
[/font]
 

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
4,674
16
0
#2
I DEMAND THIS BE REMOVED! These soldiers death should not be disrespected in such a vile way. You do not need to flaunt the deaths of our soldiers for political debate because you have no other way to express your ideas. "May the forgive us", how can you say what those soldiers believed and what they thought was worth dien for. I can think OF NO OTHER FUCKING WAY TO SLAP A FAMILY IN THE FACE THEN BROADCASTING THE DEATH OF THEIR SOLDIER IN SUCH A WAY. HAVE YOU NO RESPECT FOR ANYTHING?

Take your own advice and think before posting.
 

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
1,329
0
0
#3
_Kitana_ said:
I DEMAND THIS BE REMOVED! These soldiers death should not be disrespected in such a vile way. You do not need to flaunt the deaths of our soldiers for political debate because you have no other way to express your ideas. "May the forgive us", how can you say what those soldiers believed and what they thought was worth dien for. I can think OF NO OTHER FUCKING WAY TO SLAP A FAMILY IN THE FACE THEN BROADCASTING THE DEATH OF THEIR SOLDIER IN SUCH A WAY. HAVE YOU NO RESPECT FOR ANYTHING?

Take your own advice and think before posting.
I DO have respect for ALL human life, that is why I posted it. I'm trying to wake up the people who have some weird idea that we are on a HUMANITARIAN mission there.

If I could have put the names of the 100,000 Iraqi people that we have killed, I would have done that too!
 

tzedek

Original Member
2,515
3
38
#4
how are they being disrespected? he didnt flaunt anything
 

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
4,674
16
0
#5
voiceofreason said:
I DO have respect for ALL human life, that is why I posted it. I'm trying to wake up the people who have some weird idea that we are on a HUMANITARIAN mission there.

If I could have put the names of the 100,000 that we have killed, I would have done that too!
You don't think i realize that my husband could die any second over there. YOU DON't think i KNOW of OUR AMERICAN's DIEN OVER THERE. I see faces, I see family members, I see loved ones. I FEEL EACH AND EVERY GOD DAMN ONE OF THEIR DEATHS. THEIR NAMES ARE NOT YOUR RIGHT TO BLAST ALL OVER AND SAY look WAKE UP SEE THESE PEOPLE DIED.

WHO ARE YOU TO BE GIVEN THE RIGHT TO CLAIM FAME TO THAT SOLDIERS DEATH. DO YOU HOLD HIS FLAG IN YOUR ARMS. WHERE YOU THERE WHEN THE PLAYED TAPS FOR THEM. WHEN THE 21 gun SLUTE WENT OFF AS THEIR LAST VOICE TO BE HEARD. WHO ARE YOU TO SAY WHAT THEY THOUGHT AND BELIEVED IN? WHO ARE YOU TO REMIND ME, AS IF I COULD FUCKING FORGET. YES, there is respectful ways to hold their memories and then their is a disgraceful way. Guess which one you chose?
 

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
4,674
16
0
#6
tzedek said:
how are they being disrespected? he didnt flaunt anything
You are a kid. Your father just died servering his country. Your sitting searching the web, trying to get your mind off of it... its been a few months. Come across a list of names that told you your father died for nothing. that told you your father didn't believe what he was fighting for. Let me ask you how would you feel to see his name upon something like that?
 

tzedek

Original Member
2,515
3
38
#7
Edited out of respect for the families of those who have no voice online here, and for those who may not want their names in lights or have wounds that are way too recent to have yet healed. -Admin
 

tzedek

Original Member
2,515
3
38
#8
Edited out of respect for the families of those who have no voice online here, and for those who may not want their names in lights or have wounds that are way too recent to have yet healed. -Admin

I think it is fitting that the rest of the list be honored also. so here is the rest.
 

tzedek

Original Member
2,515
3
38
#9
_Kitana_ said:
You are a kid. Your father just died servering his country. Your sitting searching the web, trying to get your mind off of it... its been a few months. Come across a list of names that told you your father died for nothing. that told you your father didn't believe what he was fighting for. Let me ask you how would you feel to see his name upon something like that?
no where was it said that any of these people died for nothing, nor that they didnt believe in what they were fighting for. stop making things up.
 

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
1,684
1
0
#10
As much as i disagree with Kit...shes right...this is really disrespectful. VOR I believe this war was unjust, just as, if not more strongly than you. but something like that is really out of line, and then the other little kid copying it...man...that is fucked up.
 

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
1,329
0
0
#11
_Kitana_ said:
You are a kid. Your father just died servering his country. Your sitting searching the web, trying to get your mind off of it... its been a few months. Come across a list of names that told you your father died for nothing. that told you your father didn't believe what he was fighting for. Let me ask you how would you feel to see his name upon something like that?
You personalize everything, and you can NEVER see the big picture.

Your approach to bad things is to hide it.

My approach is to show ugliness (the senseless murder of U.S. soliders) for what it is.
 

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
4,674
16
0
#12
voiceofreason said:
You personalize everything, and you can NEVER see the big picture.

Your approach to bad things is to hide it.

My approach is to show ugliness (the senseless murder of U.S. soliders) for what it is.
No i don't hide i don't cover up. I see it and i feel it everyday. THOSE ARE PERSONAL YOU LISTED PEOPLE OUT OF MY HUSBANDS UNIT. THOSE MEN WERE PROUD TO FIGHT YOU FUCKING MORNIC BASTARD.

I wrote their wives sympathy cards. I wrote to their mothers. was the hardest thing I HAD TO DO. SO YES IT IS PERSONAL
 

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
1,684
1
0
#13
There are more respectfull and adult ways to get your point across then to make light of anothers suffering by posting their names on some bullshit website...thanks for lowering the bar that much further. I believe this is the same tactic that you were so vehemently opposed to when they were doing it to garner sympathy for the Bush campaign....way to stick to your guns junior.
 

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
1,329
0
0
#14
_Kitana_ said:
No i don't hide i don't cover up. I see it and i feel it everyday. THOSE ARE PERSONAL YOU LISTED PEOPLE OUT OF MY HUSBANDS UNIT. THOSE MEN WERE PROUD TO FIGHT YOU FUCKING MORNIC BASTARD.

I wrote their wives sympathy cards. I wrote to their mothers. was the hardest thing I HAD TO DO. SO YES IT IS PERSONAL
NEWS FLASH: a FUCKING MORONIC BASTARD sent them all off to die...
 

gwr2004

A True Bush-Hater.
38
0
0
#15
_Kitana_ said:
You are a kid. Your father just died servering his country. Your sitting searching the web, trying to get your mind off of it... its been a few months. Come across a list of names that told you your father died for nothing. that told you your father didn't believe what he was fighting for. Let me ask you how would you feel to see his name upon something like that?
How are you sure?!
 

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
4,674
16
0
#16
voiceofreason said:
NEWS FLASH: a FUCKING MORONIC BASTARD sent them all off to die...
Any respect that i may have once held for you is gone. This is above anyone right. Your Freedom of expression should not come at the sacrfice of someone else pain.

How can you face yourself?
 

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
4,674
16
0
#17
gwr2004 said:
How are you sure?!
How am I sure of what? I asked how would you feel if your father died in Iraq and to see his name displayed in this way for political gain. Or your a wife a mother a sister or a brother.
 

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
4,674
16
0
#18
blahblah said:
i hope your "husband" is the next one on that list you stupidd fucking bitch. if you even have one
Yes I have a husband. Yes He servering in Iraq AT THIS MOMENT. YES I AM PROUD OF HIM. YES I AM A MILITARY WIFE. YES THIS IS THE DISRESPECT I AM TALKING ABOUT.

Yes under the name of DARKSINNER my HUSBAND HAS POSTED ON THIS BOARD from IRAQ
 

Jung

???
Premium
13,993
1,401
487
#19
bigck3000 said:
As much as i disagree with Kit...shes right...this is really disrespectful. VOR I believe this war was unjust, just as, if not more strongly than you. but something like that is really out of line, and then the other little kid copying it...man...that is fucked up.
VOR, I'm usually with right there with you, but I agree that was disrespectful. I don't completely agree with Kit, and I do question most of her statements in this thread, BUT I agree on the disrespect part. I'm a veteran; I fought for my country in Afghanistan, Uzbekistan, and Tajikistan. Had I lost my life in doing so, I wouldn't appreciate being used as a pawn by someone trying to make a point.

As for tzedek; I knew his banishment was coming sooner or later. What a douche, making two seperate posts for the sole purpose of pissing someone off?
 

gwr2004

A True Bush-Hater.
38
0
0
#20
_Kitana_ said:
How am I sure of what? I asked how would you feel if your father died in Iraq and to see his name displayed in this way for political gain. Or your a wife a mother a sister or a brother.
My bad. Misread it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.