WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Thoughts thoughted while in K-12

TooSmartGuile

Tenderony
When you were young, what did you think about your remaining days in school? Sometimes, in elementary, I'd dread the fact that I'd be in school forever and also remember past conversations with teachers about what life would be like in high school. I'm in college now, with some of the most debilitating freedom I've ever had, somewhat reminiscing my past in school, and sometimes hating it.

Reactions: ThisIsBananas

ib4

Error
Staff
I was on my way to the Marine Corps and knew i was going to be a stellar mother fucker for the next four years. So partying, pussy, and bud. Got it in while i could.

Last edited:

ThisIsBananas

Tough guy!
Premium
When you were young, what did you think about your remaining days in school? Sometimes, in elementary, I'd dread the fact that I'd be in school forever and also remember past conversations with teachers about what life would be like in high school. I'm in college now, with some of the most debilitating freedom I've ever had, somewhat reminiscing my past in school, and sometimes hating it.
I didn't "thoughted" in school because I wanted to pass my English classes.

Crazizniac

Particinator
Premium
"When I was young it seemed that life was so wonderful
A miracle, oh it was beautiful, magical
And all the birds in the trees, they'd be singing so happily
Oh joyfully, playfully watching me"

Thank you Supertramp.

Reactions: MaxPower and TheRover

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
I remember in high school saying "I cannot wait to get out of this place. Get my own house. Be my own person." That kind of thing. That quickly turned into, "wow, I had it good back then". Now that I'm stabilized financially, domestically, and have a profession I love; I'd never go back. (Until I eventually retire. Then it'll be smooth sailing until my eventual death after 15 years of drooling on myself while a private care nurse wipes my ass)

Reactions: TheRover

MisterFister

There's a very good chance that I don't care.
I grew up poor. My clothes we're mostly older brother hand me downs. I inherited a large sweatshirt so I cut the sleeves down to size. Being that my old man was a drunken fool I took a natural liking to Mr. Carlson. He was always dressed well, he spoke fluidly and never swore. He was our basketball coach and if he missed a lay up he'd say something like "oh Tootsie Rolls!". Anywho, it's probably natural for young men to aspire to be something they see in older role models. For me it was Mr. Carlson. So one day in his Biology class out of the blue he says to me...in front of everyone..."why do you always dress like such a hobo". I was wearing my tattered sweatshirt. I guess I was taken aback. Maybe he's just kidding? No...no signs on his face that he's kidding. He just threw it out there and stood waiting for my response. Of course he got chuckles from the crowd. I was crushed. I spent the lionshare of a week trying to wrap my head around it. I aspired to be like you. I thought you were different. I thought you were who I wanted to be. Once that veil was lifted I saw the world in a much better way. I thought of my Mom doing the best she could. I thought of my brother giving up a much needed sweatshirt so I wouldn't be cold. I saw red for the first time. I saw the world for what it is not for what I thought it should be. I learned game theory. I ran across Ordinary Men by Chris Browning. None of that was possible without Mr. Carlson, his humiliation and his lesson on the true nature of the human animal.

TooSmartGuile

Tenderony
I used to go on vacation to Atlanta on occasion, where I saw cable TV because we didn't have it back home. One of the channels I enjoyed was the Disney Channel, where I saw children enjoying the time of their lives acting and being kooky and smart and endearing and I wanted to be one of those kids. It's so disgusting to find out now how children are treated in Hollywood, with worthless, airheaded parents who leave their children with creepy and pedophilic directors and producers. I've never been so glad to not be a Disney kid.

Speaking of Atlanta, in 2011, while on vacation there, my father died. What was worse than his death was seeing some extended family behave really awfully. After he died, my sister went to Texas to pick up his body, so me, my nephew, and my other sister were alone for the first 3 peaceful days. I remember wanting to go to the Subway nearby before my aunt came to my sister's house wanting to see the stash of money my father left with her. We couldn't let her inside though, so she started getting aggressive at the door, which was a bar door and wood door behind it. She used some cutting tool to cut at the design of the bar door so she could unlock it, then more family members arrived to see what was happening and some told us to also open the door, which was stressful being about 14. Luckily, my other sister called my sister, we told her what was happening and she simply said to call the cops.

The shit that went down taught me a couple of things. One, my father was the center of the family, and when he died, they more or less scattered. Two, he was the center because he was a salesman. What did he selll exactly? Well it starts with W, M, R, G, etc. That'll attract flies. It also taught me how good people act in the wake of tragedy.

Reactions: MaxPower and TheRover

TheRover

Mostly_Liquid
They sent me to work 2 days a week because I was such a bad motherfucker... there was about 10 of us misfits put on a work programme because we were hopeless in some way... then of course we had to lose subjects, I lost drama which was a total bummer and then we formed a new class for the days we were at school.. it wasn't special learning.. most of us on the work programme hardly ever went to school in the first place.. but the teachers gave us a real easy time and joked about with us.. in my last days of school and exams I was running to and from work where I worked full time for the next few years in an electrical wholesalers

Reactions: MaxPower