WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Three die playing catch with grenade

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
BANJA LUKA, Bosnia (Reuters) - A hand grenade being used instead of a ball in a game of catch exploded early on Saturday killing three youths in this Bosnian town, police and news agencies said.
Two youths aged 19 and 20, one of them from neighboring Croatia, were killed instantly while a 20-year-old woman died on her way to hospital, police said. Her sister was slightly injured but two other youths suffered serious injuries.
The blast occurred at 2:00 a.m. in the western town of Novi Grad at a place in the town center frequented by youngsters. Police said an inquiry was under way and declined further comment. It was not clear why the grenade exploded.
ONASA news agency quoted witnesses as saying the youths tossed the hand grenade to each other before it exploded in the hands of one of them.
Bosnia is awash with illegal weapons left over from the 1992-95 war and tragic incidents are frequent despite several successful campaigns by international peacekeepers and police to get people to hand over illegal weapons.

LINK
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Natural Selection - gotta love it...​

Relly

Gamer From Hell
the world is overpopulated with stupid people, and when left to their own devices, they will take themselves out. we just have to supply dangerous stuff. too bad for the lady though.

The Xephon

Banned - What an Asshat!
If we had noticed those guys earlier, we would now know about the missing link.:)

RetArt

A Rampant Vagitarian
OT, Darwin awards are so great. Reminds me. Must call to a friend to return the book.

mmm...cheese

Banned - What an Asshat!
FYI: Don't forget the overdue fee... Also, if the overdue fee is too high, you can always wait the library out by keeping it for 2 yrs or so.

Nailbomb

I'm just really nice.
Wonder how long they would have lasted playing tackle football.

Pappy

Slayer of All Good
Nailbomb said:
LMFAO thats funny.....

Base

it's a motherfucker
Nailbomb said:
LMAO, I like that one. It's a horrible story, but funny at the same time.:happysad:

It's funny that 3 people got killed? hmmmm..
I admit it was stupid to mess around with a hand grenade...but people DIED. At least show a little respect...

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
Forzaazzuri said:
I admit it was stupid to mess around with a hand grenade...but people DIED. At least show a little respect...
Ha!

Sorry can't get all teary about 3 idiots that off'd themselves playing "let''s see if we can die..."

Forzaazzuri said:
thats like feeling bad for people who voluntarily play Russian Roulette :gun::flamed:
waste of sympathy

Nowadays, stuff like this isn't uncommon. 5 years ago this would have been all over the news.

vIoLeNcE0969

Sir.vIoLeNcE
human stupidity is starting to really amaze me, why in the hell would u play catch with a grenade. i mean really u couldnt go find a rock or sumtin?

RetArt

A Rampant Vagitarian
It is said that western intelligence has reached its high points and has the tendency to diminish from now on.
I blame this greatly to tv, and to propaganda. Not saying watching tv is bad, but surely everyone notices the inspirational and intellectual differences between reading a good book or watching a good movie. Books are more subjective. From your view. Practices the brain.

All great civilizations have collapsed. I see selfishness and looking down to others the major reason. Whenever people start to think they are more special than others, due to some ridiculous fact eg. where you were born, what color are you etc. they will instantly be more stupid.
And stupidity is the fact that collapses nations. along with corruption, wars and natural disasters.

Easty

Click click boom
Forzaazzuri said:
respect

yup, they're idiots.:thumbsup: