WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Thunder snow storm.... WTF??!?!

swizeguy

How dare you!?
I dont know what the hells going on. Its snowing wicked hard outside right now its dark and theres friggin lightning and thunder outside. I have never seen such a thing. Im just kinda sitting here going dont lose power, dont lose power... lol ok maybe pointless thread but seriously wtf? have you ever hurd of such a thing?
Or better yet what weird weather have you lived threw?

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
Actually I have heard of snow lightning... Same principle as regular thunderstorms, but not as common because Colder winter clouds cannot hold as much moisture as warm summer clouds though...

The buildup of static electricity between clouds is what causes thunder in anything either rain or snow or nothing at all.... i.e. heat lightning.

swizeguy

How dare you!?
brainwashmonkey said:
Actually I have heard of snow lightning... Same principle as regular thunderstorms, but not as common because Colder winter clouds cannot hold as much moisture as warm summer clouds though...

The buildup of static electricity between clouds is what causes thunder in anything either rain or snow or nothing at all.... i.e. heat lightning.
Yes i know how it works but i have never seen such a thing. Kinda neat tho lights up all the snow falling around my yard. :thumbsup:

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
swizeguy said:
Yes i know how it works but i have never seen such a thing. Kinda neat tho lights up all the snow falling around my yard. :thumbsup:
That actually sounds pretty cool. I've never seen it happen. I'll have to add that too my list of weather related things I want to see.

- Tornado
- Aurora Borealis
- Lightning snow storm

swizeguy

How dare you!?
tbsrk said:
That actually sounds pretty cool. I've never seen it happen. I'll have to add that too my list of weather related things I want to see.

- Tornado
- Aurora Borealis
- Lightning snow storm
haha yes neat but i keep losing my power.. i swear if i have to go a night without WTF.com im gonna lose it.. ahh time with parents.. *shiver*

Janglenut

Particinator
Trust me...a tornado is not a nice thing to see in person....

NaughtyGirl21

Formally Cuddles
swizeguy said:
I dont know what the hells going on. Its snowing wicked hard outside right now its dark and theres friggin lightning and thunder outside. I have never seen such a thing. Im just kinda sitting here going dont lose power, dont lose power... lol ok maybe pointless thread but seriously wtf? have you ever hurd of such a thing?
I have once last year. I was at my Boyfriends house when it happend. The weather had said nothing about snow nor thunder. We were sitting there and all of a sudden it started to snow pretty damn hard then we saw lightening. That was the first time I have ever seen that and I was like shocked...lol.

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
Janglenut said:
Sure its not if its destroying your house and possessions... but to able to see one of the most destructive forces of nature... it's gotta be a rush.

swizeguy

How dare you!?
tbsrk said:
Sure its not if its destroying your house and possessions... but to able to see one of the most destructive forces of nature... it's gotta be a rush.
thats messed up.. but i agree 100%

Sektor

Particinator
tbsrk said:
Sure its not if its destroying your house and possessions... but to able to see one of the most destructive forces of nature... it's gotta be a rush-.
More than often, 80% of the time, if you DO see a tornado, and it's not shrouded in rain, it's very near, and too dangerous to be outside.

If you live out here, and even happen to see one nearby, I doubt you'd want to stay and look very long.

NaughtyGirl21

Formally Cuddles
Hey, I have seen a tornado in person before, scarry experience. I was at the beach in North Carolina. You know, Nags Head, Kill Devil Hills, Manteo? It is so relaxing to go down there and vacation...I love it. Anyways, one year I went down there and we stayed in a cottage and omg! We had this terriable thunderstorm, the wind was wicked and the power had went out. This tornado had brewed from the ocean as a water spout then came on land right down the street from where we were staying. Now that was SCARRY.

tbsrk said:

- Tornado
- Aurora Borealis
- Lightning snow storm
the Aurora Borealis is nothing special...

i guess you'd be saying that too if you saw it every friggen night :)

j/k... it's an awsome sight... or, it was the few times i've seen it.

as for wierd weather...

i was driving once... from Surrey to my little home town... a 12 hour drive. one minute it would be raining, then rain/thunder/lighting/whatever, then a blizzard, then the next minute it would be clear skies, sun shining, whatever... then back to rain, hail, sleet, snow.

it was fucked.

damn northern weather :)

Sektor

Particinator
Last time there was a tornado out here (I stay out in St. Louis county, Missouri), it was less than a mile from my house. That's the worse thing about living in an apartment - nowhere to hide.

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
swizeguy said:
Yeah we get them here in south dakota a bit

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
Janglenut said:
we had a 100 tornado in one night and 60 touch down....

:)

Tornado's are pretty awesome to see in real life. So much raw power and beauty

Aurora Borealis are very beautiful as well. You just stand there kind of stunned

Unforgiven said:
i was driving once... from Surrey to my little home town... a 12 hour drive. one minute it would be raining, then rain/thunder/lighting/whatever, then a blizzard, then the next minute it would be clear skies, sun shining,

sounds like here

lol

Bitch

Evil Fluffy says: I PEE IN YOUR SHOES!
Premium
I remember when there was a blizzard where I used to live. There was thunder and lightening along with it. The stuff doesn't need heat to occur, just the right amount of energy in a cloud to produce Lightening is all that needs to happen.

I've never seen a tornado nor the aurora borealis. I'd like to see a tornado as long as it's not up close. I would love to see the aurora borealis though. That natural light show sounds beautiful!

_Kitana_ said:
Tornado's are pretty awesome to see in real life. So much raw power and beauty
Yes, they are very beautiful.

When I was 16, a tornado hit. Me and my drunken uncle sat out on the front porch, and watched as it pushed his car into the garage. It was the craziest thing I have ever seen.

Bitch said:
I remember when there was a blizzard where I used to live. There was thunder and lightening along with it. The stuff doesn't need heat to occur, just the right amount of energy in a cloud to produce Lightening is all that needs to happen.

I've never seen a tornado nor the aurora borealis. I'd like to see a tornado as long as it's not up close. I would love to see the aurora borealis though. That natural light show sounds beautiful!
here you go.

that's sort of what it looks like from my house, except not as bright.

Have you ever seen when all the rain comes and hits the ground? That happened to me once. I was looking out the window and it was a great day 80 degrees, and sunny. One second it was great the next I saw all this rain come from the sky. It was so fast. One second all dry the next all wet. the sky was clear one second black clouds the next.