WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Tie your mind around this thing.

ReiMeishin

Dreaming to live
I have an idea for an RPG. In the center of your home city-state is a stone statue of a male angel praying. According to legend, he was banished from heaven and sealed in stone for disobeying divine law. Inscribed on the ground in front of the stone are some sigils. Early in the game, a sage decodes the sigils, they translate to:
"Whoever so releases me from this prizon shall feel all the wrath of hell, but will bring heaven to earth."
The city fears the consequenses of breaking the taboo and somehow releasing the angel. They jail the sage and block the markings. The main character busts in and frees the sage. As it is painfully obvious, you undertake a quest to release the angel. You meet some interesting people that I will think of later, and after having a spectacular battle with the leader of the city gaurd (guess), you release the angel. When you do you find that he is not what he seems. He explains that heaven and hell is not what legend cracks it up to be. In all actuality, the "war" between heaven and hell is nothing more than a conflict for which the reasons have been forgoten. And that hell was not, in fact a place of eternal damnation and heaven was not a place of eternal delight. Both were just battlegrounds for mindless war. After describing the atrosities that both the angels and demons commited in the name of meaningless war he told them that he had met a female demon who saw the war for what it was as well. They fell in love, blah blah blah. They had a child. He explains that it was against heavenly law to kill an angel, so for his "abomination" he was sentenced to eternal emprizonment. The main character asks, "if all the legends are false, then why did you say all that about feeling hell and bringing heaven to earth?" Lorien (the angel) replies "if you read an inscription reading: help! Set me free so I can find my wife and daughter! would you be so motivated to free me?" After that you would try to reunite the Lorien with his wife and daughter, but I dont know what you would do to end the war or anything like that.

I know that was long, but gimme a shout.

Signify

Particinator
its got some good qualaties. I have a few questions though. Would you be able to pick your own charactor? if so what would those charactors be? One more, what type of battle system would it have, turn based or real time?

ReiMeishin

Dreaming to live
Darkness_Reaper said:
its got some good qualaties. I have a few questions though. Would you be able to pick your own charactor? if so what would those charactors be? One more, what type of battle system would it have, turn based or real time?
Crap, I forgot about those things. Everyone expects to be able to design their own character to use now, but I'm sure it could be arranged. As for the engine, I would want it to be real time, but there would be pauses when certain events interupt battles and such.

betrayed

Banned - What an Asshat!
Wow, that is pretty nice, I'm not a big RPG fan but I would give that a try, it would even make a great book. But I don't like the idea of heaven not being a place of eternal delight cause if I get up there I'm romping some ladies with wings. Anywho I think that you should do something with it, like propose it to some game company or something. Good job man.

ReiMeishin

Dreaming to live
p99 said:
Wow, that is pretty nice, I'm not a big RPG fan but I would give that a try, it would even make a great book. But I don't like the idea of heaven not being a place of eternal delight cause if I get up there I'm romping some ladies with wings. Anywho I think that you should do something with it, like propose it to some game company or something. Good job man.
Well, heres something to cheer you up. I think that the reward for completing the game would be (spoiler up ahead, you sure you wanna know? yeah, I thought so.) that heaven, hell, and earth would all become one. Now, you would never get to know about eternal delight without any hardship, and you would never become an angel (or demon), but you could have your pick of either one to go after. Anyway, maybe I'll tell konami or squarenix about it.

you forgot one important thing... the dancing moose with aids

betrayed

Banned - What an Asshat!
Or the bouncing bunny with antlers (a.k.a. the biggest acid trip ever) :p

ReiMeishin

Dreaming to live
Or the half angel, half demon girl who (censored). Oh, wait, that is in there.

Black Flame

Mayhem on the Loose
interesting idea indeed! have you started on making it at all? man, all i can do if i come up with ideas is use RPG maker 2000 on my crap ass compyoo-tor. that, or draw it out comic style, yo. awell, i still find it fun. woot! :D

magnolia

Postaholic
I think it's a creative idea. Although I know nothing whatsoever about games.