WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

tight program

betrayed

Banned - What an Asshat!
http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_description/0,fid,22441,00.asp

This is a program called "FreeRAM XP Pro".. It finds RAM on your computer thats not being used and puts it towards computer speed, therefore making your computer actually perform faster. ALSO, ever wonder why your suddenly missing a couple MB's of space? Well thats because RAM is being used and takes up space, this program actually saves you space, over 2 gig would be used for nothing if I didn't have this program, its still saving me more and more. A must download!

Its fairly easy to use, just do a quick "autofree" when you see that the green bar is a little less then half.. Or whenever you feel like your computer is being bogged down!

Signify

Particinator
so this shit actually works?
hmmmmm, might as well.

betrayed

Banned - What an Asshat!
Yeah I use it, it sits in your system tray, it's awesome I highly recommend!

Signify

Particinator
little green bar?
the colours are blue and yellow...i am somewhat computer illiterate.
it says i have 35% of my ram free

betrayed

Banned - What an Asshat!
its a little green bar when it shows up in the system tray icon.. 35% is somewhat average, it helps though trust me, somewhere it says how much space it has saved you so far, either when its starting or somewhere on the window..

Signify

Particinator
i see said the blind man, pissing in the wind. Its all coming back to me.
ty
i understand now.

Jung

???
Premium
don't ya'll realise that this program itself uses ram. most newer OSs have good ram control ie XP, OSX, Linux etc. this program would only be useful on an older os like 98 or ME. i've used these types of programs before and their pretty much the equilivent of snake oil, more or less just a placebo effect. just my .02

betrayed

Banned - What an Asshat!
Yeah shut up you don't know what your talking about, it uses minimal ram compared to the ram it saves you .. Go away

Jung

???
Premium

Descent

Hella Constipated
Sorry, I use Cacheman to free up my memory. It also optimizes Windows so that I load maps twice as fast as my friends in all my games.

skylinec

Somewhere in the Between
it has spyware i've downloaded it before so don't use it

betrayed

Banned - What an Asshat!
Freeram XP doesn't have spyware.. Use that

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
Ironically it runs memory resident and utilizes 185 Mb of ram.

Jung

???
Premium
someone else realised that too eh;) like i said snake oil:rolleyes:

mariusthegreat

:: What Ebonics ::
p99 said:
Yeah shut up you don't know what your talking about, it uses minimal ram compared to the ram it saves you .. Go away
uhm...dude..wtf??? i think he knows more about computers than you....plus he's got a pair of kick ass tectonics turn tables.....boo ya

MaxPower said:
Ironically it runs memory resident and utilizes 185 Mb of ram.
i guess our little friend up there didnt really look into this.....a program that frees up ram...that takes up this much HD space....please???

junglizm said:
don't ya'll realise that this program itself uses ram....... more or less just a placebo effect. just my .02
thats exactly what i was thinking...

betrayed

Banned - What an Asshat!
free ram xp doesn't have spyware, I'm not a computer-nerd and I do have a life so I don't get off on books about computers..