WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

****Time Travel****

I was thinking cause i was bored..

Time travel is not possible

Say you wanted to make fast cash so you went into the furutre say 100 years.. find the most usefull tool there that wasn't in your time.. you go back market this thing and make alot of money.. but would the item dissappear... because if you took it from some one that invented it and brought it back then it would have already been invented so that means you could not have seen it there?!?!? Thus you dont have it cause it wasent invented cause it was already there?????? i just confused myself. :rolleyes:

yeah... time travel is a confusing topic... say, for example, you go back in time 100 years or whatever... you'd be in the same place as 100 years from then, yet those people who you knew wouldn't be there... but they'd have to be somewhere, cause they wouldn't just vanish... they'd be in a different reality or whatever... and if you killed your grandpa while back in time, you would cease to exist... then what would happen? you'd just vanish? like i said, confusing topic

Forceman22

One Pissed-off Redhead
Actually time travel is possible, it's just that you can only go forward and not backward. And I'm not being a smart-ass. I learned on an educational television channel that these scientists had three atomic clocks. One was kept on earth, on in a jet, and one on a spaceship for mars, or somethin'. Anyway, the Earth clock was at earth time. The jet clock was a little behind, and once the space clock had returned after four months it had advanced a little less then half the earth. "What does it mean, Forceman?" I'll tell you. Basically the faster you can travel a a constant speed, the slower time will pass. :D

anti-movielife

self medicated
http://www.johntitor.com/

http://www.johntitor.com/

i was looking up timetravel and read this stuff you guys
apparently buddy here John Titor came back in time from 2036 and the US will start a second civil war THIS YEAR!

haha its a fun read and alot of the stuff this guy says is eerily true
yaya i'm crazy stfu

Broken

Member smoked too much weed!
Forceman22 said:
Actually time travel is possible, it's just that you can only go forward and not backward. And I'm not being a smart-ass. I learned on an educational television channel that these scientists had three atomic clocks. One was kept on earth, on in a jet, and one on a spaceship for mars, or somethin'. Anyway, the Earth clock was at earth time. The jet clock was a little behind, and once the space clock had returned after four months it had advanced a little less then half the earth. "What does it mean, Forceman?" I'll tell you. Basically the faster you can travel a a constant speed, the slower time will pass. :D

Man! Did you take basic physics in high school? Ever heard of Einstein? Easily explained.
Look up the twin paradox.

Skorch

Destroyer of worlds
Well time travel would be possible if I could just get my damn time machine out of the shop. Ain't that a bitch? You travel back in time and run out of batteries, just to find out the power cells you'll need won't be invented for a few hundred years if I don't fuck up the timeline too much. Guess I'll have to wait a bit before I can destroy all the life on this miserable rock. Sooooo, anyone else bored?

Chris

Sick Bastard
If it had been possible to go back again, and you never get booty...hehe. THen just go the future, and take booty, with power, then go back again. You'll never be know, but ofcourse, you will then, maybe, cause that future to be different than yours..