WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

To all you iPod haters: Gizmoto

http://us.gizmodo.com/gadgets/portable-media/to-all-the-ipod-haters-139604.php

Sales of black 4GB iPod nanos shot up 95 per cent, while the white version leaped 88 per cent between Friday November 25, and Saturday November 26, compared to a week earlier, according to eBay Marketplace Research, an eBay service that tracks purchasing behaviour.
Retailer Best Buy was sold out of both the white and black versions of the 4GB iPod nano through its online store.

The iPod nano was the sixth biggest-selling item on Amazon in the US.

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
iPods suck! Mainly because I don't have one, and can't afford one! So fuck iPod, fuck it up it's stupid ass! BOO! HISS! Neener neener neener!

Brazen

BAD, BOLD, BRAZEN

^thats so, funny.

Hmmm, i dont need 15,000 songs. 100 will do me fine! When i get tired of them, i will take the extra 5 minutes to erase them.

The only ipod i will ever think about buying would be the shuffle, cause i dont have to put out 200-300 dollars on the other ones.

Boycott

Soul Doubt
I have a 512 meg MP3 player (not a shuffle...) that costed about 129.99... It has a screen (which makes it better than the shuffle) and all of the same features that a shuffle has... I can take the small amount of time to copy over music from my music folder on my computer... It also just plugs right intothe computer with built in USB and doubles as a jumpdrive...

I'd rather have mine than an ipod... *shrug*

Boycott, even I originally bashed on the shuffle. However, don't bash until you've used one for a day. If I didn't already have my video ipod, I would definitely go for a shuffle being broke n all.. but then my headphones (shure E4Cs) would be more valuable than the shuffle .... so I dunno what'd I do.

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
I don't get it. It's a bloody MP3 player. It doesn't do anything that other MP3 players don't do. It quite simply plays music. Why all the fuss?

UberSkippy said:
I don't get it. It's a bloody MP3 player. It doesn't do anything that other MP3 players don't do. It quite simply plays music. Why all the fuss?
Yeah, it basically is. I never should have gotten it the shear amount of songs you can store is an unrealistic number. I'll never have that many songs

skully

GO BEARS!!!!
UberSkippy said:

the brand name.

also anything apple rocks. I heart apple :thumbsup:

lady victoria

Too old for this shit!
Premium
I have a 20GB colour i - pod, lurrrrvvve I - Pod its one of the few things that keeps me sane on the way to and from work. :)

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
lady victoria said:
I have a 20GB colour i - pod, lurrrrvvve I - Pod its one of the few things that keeps me sane on the way to and from work. :)
Right. But couldn't ANY 20GB MP3 player do just as well?

lady victoria

Too old for this shit!
Premium
UberSkippy said:
Right. But couldn't ANY 20GB MP3 player do just as well?
I have not complaints at the moment with i - pod I like the software as well as the hardware. Okay yes i could go and buy another brand at 20GB and i would if I thought it would be better.

Boycott

Soul Doubt
teh anarchist said:
Boycott, even I originally bashed on the shuffle. However, don't bash until you've used one for a day. If I didn't already have my video ipod, I would definitely go for a shuffle being broke n all.. but then my headphones (shure E4Cs) would be more valuable than the shuffle .... so I dunno what'd I do.
My MP3 player has a screen, so I can see what the hell song is playing... I can switch mine to Shuffle mode as well, so it basically puts mine above the iPod shuffle... I know a few people with Shuffles that say that they'd rather have what I have...

http://www.uneasysilence.com/archive/2005/08/3998/

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
lady victoria said:
I have not complaints at the moment with i - pod I like the software as well as the hardware. Okay yes i could go and buy another brand at 20GB and i would if I thought it would be better.
Yeah but that's what sets you apart from the majority of i-pod owners. You're not a blind follower.

I just think it's funny that people see the i-pod as the ONLY reasonable answer to portable music. Like I said... it's a fucking MP3 player. It plays mp3's. So do tons of other devices these days.

I'm not saying I wouldn't buy an i-pod should the "need" arise. But I would certainly look at all the options out there and buy based on cost:value not on brand.

I have an iRiver 256MB player I use when I run. It's all I needed, it has a screen so I can see what the hell is playing, I can run it in shuffle or in normal play. It was cheaper, than the i-pod shuffle, sturdier and more full featured.

Hater808

The hate still Shapes me
The Ipod can also be transformed into a hard and now the newer one's can play stored movies. I have one I use for mp3's and a external very portable hard drive. The other thing I like is the playlists, I am not sure if the other brands can do that. I heard alot of good things about the iriver though so who knows. But, I am kiciking my own ass because Ipods have a tendancy only last 6 months. I have already had mine replaced after 6 months and the warrenties only a year no matter what. Some others I know had the same problem.

Jung

???
Premium
I bought my iPod for its size, and because it was pretty much the only 40GB player on the market at the time. My girl friend owns a 10GB iPod and a Nano. I can certainly say that iPods are built better than most other mp3 players I have used, and sound better than most I have heard. They're good players and last a long time, and I've dropped mine tons of times.

However, unless Apple adds gapless playback and ogg support to the iPod soon, I don't think I will be buying another one.

UberSkippy said:
Not only for the brand name. It has received numerous rewards for ease of use and iTunes, the software behind the ipod, has as well. It is just "da best":D

Hater- if you get your ipod replaced by apple, the warranty is extended 3 months from the date of replacement. So if you get yours replaced at 364 days from original purchase, you get another 90 days before your warranty will expire.

People, don't get me wrong, the iPod isn't the ONLY means of portable music, nor did I ever say it was, but I will stand by my opinion that it is the best player out there. Anyone who disagrees, feel free to post a link to a player that is equally easy to use, equally featured, equally cool looking, and equally or lesser priced, and I'll give you a cookie.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I had a Dell mp3 player, which crashed daily and eventually simply stopped working. I got it replaced, it got stolen, I bought and iPod and have not regretted it since.

:thumbsup: