WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

To Clarify...(a bunch of things)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
1,684
1
0
#1
There seems to be a bit of ambiguity surrounding a common colloquialism we use here on WTF....Noob or newb or knewb or newbie or how ever the fuck you want to spell it. Lets get this straight...If you joined this year...you're a fucking noob....If you joined last year and the only way you can stay afloat is to join a little group so nobody makes fun of you....you're a noob....amount of posts and rep are meaningless in a place like this. If you're not around for at least a couple of months theres no way you can claim to know whats up. I think this is the core problem surrounding our recent battle with shit content. But i'm not going to place the blame solely on the noobs.

The way it used to work was;
1)You would set up an account and start reading a couple of threads
2)You think "This is bullshit...I can do better than this" and in your dillusional noob mind...you're right. So you make your little thread and you put all your little funnies in it and then you lurk.
3) It used to take approximately 45 seconds for your little thread to be utterly ripped to pieces by the wit and rhetoric of the posters here. and finally
4) You learn to keep your crusty fucking noob mouth shut around the OG's ( ;) ).


We've got scores of kids running around thinking this is the "OMFG!!pOKEMON" forum. I'm sure this is going to go right by most of you...but I remember a time when you could find geniune comedy here....not like a chuckle or two at a "fuUUNNY pIc"....but some 'laughing so hard you're crying' type of shit.

Another thing thats been pissing me off is the claims of "ownage" when you string a couple "naughty" words together...this isnt fucking 5th grade...I'm not going to high-five you for saying fuck. In my opinion..."flaming" is an art...you have to have imagination and at least a decent vocabulary to produce any real quality flames. I really dont have any solutions...I can only offer this to the old heads..."Flame Everybody who cant defend themselves." If we can separate the wheat from the shit...I think we can attain some semblance of the quality of yester-year.


"TL;DR".....of course you didnt read it....you've got to hurry up minimize this window so the librarian doesnt catch you on the internet. :thumbsdn:
 

DIZNUTS

Ñúñ'§ þêG £ègGéÐ /\/\å±ëý
3,158
1
0
#2
you mean this isn't the "OMFG!!pOKEMON" forum???? fuck i joined by mistake....




















nah im just playing......i sorta agree with you.......well i joined in feb......am i still considered a "n00b"? even though i put in the hours of being here since like may2004 lol
 

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
7,540
506
257
#3
bigck3000 said:
There seems to be a bit of ambiguity surrounding a common colloquialism we use here on WTF....Noob or newb or knewb or newbie or how ever the fuck you want to spell it. Lets get this straight...If you joined this year...you're a fucking noob....If you joined last year and the only way you can stay afloat is to join a little group so nobody makes fun of you....you're a noob....amount of posts and rep are meaningless in a place like this. If you're not around for at least a couple of months theres no way you can claim to know whats up. I think this is the core problem surrounding our recent battle with shit content. But i'm not going to place the blame solely on the noobs.

The way it used to work was;
1)You would set up an account and start reading a couple of threads
2)You think "This is bullshit...I can do better than this" and in your dillusional noob mind...you're right. So you make your little thread and you put all your little funnies in it and then you lurk.
3) It used to take approximately 45 seconds for your little thread to be utterly ripped to pieces by the wit and rhetoric of the posters here. and finally
4) You learn to keep your crusty fucking noob mouth shut around the OG's ( ;) ).


We've got scores of kids running around thinking this is the "OMFG!!pOKEMON" forum. I'm sure this is going to go right by most of you...but I remember a time when you could find geniune comedy here....not like a chuckle or two at a "fuUUNNY pIc"....but some 'laughing so hard you're crying' type of shit.

Another thing thats been pissing me off is the claims of "ownage" when you string a couple "naughty" words together...this isnt fucking 5th grade...I'm not going to high-five you for saying fuck. In my opinion..."flaming" is an art...you have to have imagination and at least a decent vocabulary to produce any real quality flames. I really dont have any solutions...I can only offer this to the old heads..."Flame Everybody who cant defend themselves." If we can separate the wheat from the shit...I think we can attain some semblance of the quality of yester-year.


"TL;DR".....of course you didnt read it....you've got to hurry up minimize this window so the librarian doesnt catch you on the internet. :thumbsdn:
TL;DR! Noob ass fuck lmfao! PWND

i have to agree with you there, fucko
 
4,248
0
0
#4
Being a n00b is all about attitude. You can be here for three years and be a n00b or you can join, be here for two days, and not be one. It all has to do with whether or not you're a fucking idiot.

An adequate flame would be something along the lines of "You horse shit inspecting doctor. I will personally rip your backbone out your asshole and tie it around your ribcage like a bow and ship you back to your lame ass family like a Christmas present" or so I would think. Calling someone "A gay loser" hardly qualifies for shit.
 

jamesp

In Memory...
1,714
1
0
#5
TheLampIncident said:
Being a n00b is all about attitude. You can be here for three years and be a n00b or you can join, be here for two days, and not be one. It all has to do with whether or not you're a fucking idiot.

An adequate flame would be something along the lines of "You horse shit inspecting doctor. I will personally rip your backbone out your asshole and tie it around your ribcage like a bow and ship you back to your lame ass family like a Christmas present" or so I would think. Calling someone "A gay loser" hardly qualifies for shit.
agreed :thumbsup:
 

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
7,540
506
257
#7
TheLampIncident said:
Being a n00b is all about attitude. You can be here for three years and be a n00b or you can join, be here for two days, and not be one. It all has to do with whether or not you're a fucking idiot.

An adequate flame would be something along the lines of "You horse shit inspecting doctor. I will personally rip your backbone out your asshole and tie it around your ribcage like a bow and ship you back to your lame ass family like a Christmas present" or so I would think. Calling someone "A gay loser" hardly qualifies for shit.
stfu cum dumpster..hahaha props to whoever did it :thumbsup:
 

YUCK FOU!!!

Critical Update Notification Tool.
6,588
628
337
#8
bigck3000 said:
There seems to be a bit of ambiguity surrounding a common colloquialism we use here on WTF....Noob or newb or knewb or newbie or how ever the fuck you want to spell it. Lets get this straight...If you joined this year...you're a fucking noob....If you joined last year and the only way you can stay afloat is to join a little group so nobody makes fun of you....you're a noob....amount of posts and rep are meaningless in a place like this. If you're not around for at least a couple of months theres no way you can claim to know whats up. I think this is the core problem surrounding our recent battle with shit content. But i'm not going to place the blame solely on the noobs.

The way it used to work was;
1)You would set up an account and start reading a couple of threads
2)You think "This is bullshit...I can do better than this" and in your dillusional noob mind...you're right. So you make your little thread and you put all your little funnies in it and then you lurk.
3) It used to take approximately 45 seconds for your little thread to be utterly ripped to pieces by the wit and rhetoric of the posters here. and finally
4) You learn to keep your crusty fucking noob mouth shut around the OG's ( ;) ).


We've got scores of kids running around thinking this is the "OMFG!!pOKEMON" forum. I'm sure this is going to go right by most of you...but I remember a time when you could find geniune comedy here....not like a chuckle or two at a "fuUUNNY pIc"....but some 'laughing so hard you're crying' type of shit.

Another thing thats been pissing me off is the claims of "ownage" when you string a couple "naughty" words together...this isnt fucking 5th grade...I'm not going to high-five you for saying fuck. In my opinion..."flaming" is an art...you have to have imagination and at least a decent vocabulary to produce any real quality flames. I really dont have any solutions...I can only offer this to the old heads..."Flame Everybody who cant defend themselves." If we can separate the wheat from the shit...I think we can attain some semblance of the quality of yester-year.


"TL;DR".....of course you didnt read it....you've got to hurry up minimize this window so the librarian doesnt catch you on the internet. :thumbsdn:
your fucking right!!!
 

tzedek

Original Member
2,515
3
38
#10
you just said OG didnt you? PLease dont bring that term to this forum
 

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
1,684
1
0
#11
I figured i'd had dumbed down the sarcasm enough that you could catch it.( ;) )....or maybe not.
 

YUCK FOU!!!

Critical Update Notification Tool.
6,588
628
337
#12
TheLampIncident said:
Being a n00b is all about attitude. You can be here for three years and be a n00b or you can join, be here for two days, and not be one. It all has to do with whether or not you're a fucking idiot.

An adequate flame would be something along the lines of "You horse shit inspecting doctor. I will personally rip your backbone out your asshole and tie it around your ribcage like a bow and ship you back to your lame ass family like a Christmas present" or so I would think. Calling someone "A gay loser" hardly qualifies for shit.
okay firstly what makes a good flame is wit, beer and a little bit of reefer. if you can say something that makes your victim look politically incorrect or way to immature for his years OR just a plain dumass then its a worthy flame. what you just said then was a bunch of profanitised words with some pretty words in the middle. not a flame.
 

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
16,909
3,366
487
#13
bigck3000 said:
I figured i'd had dumbed down the sarcasm enough that you could catch it.( ;) )....or maybe not.
I agree with the majority of your statement, save a couple of points.
I don't look at the ammount of time someone has spent on a forum as a guage of their n00b/veteran status. I've seen people on forums for months upon months, and still have no clue. Alternatively, I've seen people sign-up and fit right in. Havok is a perfect example of this. (well the free beer and letting us all sleep with his girlfriend helped)
 

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
26,094
178
0
#14
So we have clarified that you will make fun of n00bs? We all knew that. I personally like Newbies, and we need more. Why? Because you old fucks are boring, and fresh meat tastes better.
 

Skitch0o0

Put it in MY butt...
979
0
0
#15
bigck3000 said:
There seems to be a bit of ambiguity surrounding a common colloquialism we use here on WTF....Noob or newb or knewb or newbie or how ever the fuck you want to spell it. Lets get this straight...If you joined this year...you're a fucking noob....If you joined last year and the only way you can stay afloat is to join a little group so nobody makes fun of you....you're a noob....amount of posts and rep are meaningless in a place like this. If you're not around for at least a couple of months theres no way you can claim to know whats up. I think this is the core problem surrounding our recent battle with shit content. But i'm not going to place the blame solely on the noobs.

The way it used to work was;
1)You would set up an account and start reading a couple of threads
2)You think "This is bullshit...I can do better than this" and in your dillusional noob mind...you're right. So you make your little thread and you put all your little funnies in it and then you lurk.
3) It used to take approximately 45 seconds for your little thread to be utterly ripped to pieces by the wit and rhetoric of the posters here. and finally
4) You learn to keep your crusty fucking noob mouth shut around the OG's ( ;) ).


We've got scores of kids running around thinking this is the "OMFG!!pOKEMON" forum. I'm sure this is going to go right by most of you...but I remember a time when you could find geniune comedy here....not like a chuckle or two at a "fuUUNNY pIc"....but some 'laughing so hard you're crying' type of shit.

Another thing thats been pissing me off is the claims of "ownage" when you string a couple "naughty" words together...this isnt fucking 5th grade...I'm not going to high-five you for saying fuck. In my opinion..."flaming" is an art...you have to have imagination and at least a decent vocabulary to produce any real quality flames. I really dont have any solutions...I can only offer this to the old heads..."Flame Everybody who cant defend themselves." If we can separate the wheat from the shit...I think we can attain some semblance of the quality of yester-year.


"TL;DR".....of course you didnt read it....you've got to hurry up minimize this window so the librarian doesnt catch you on the internet. :thumbsdn:
Nicely put. I was going to put up a "How-To" thread explaining how to make a typical flame thread in B&T, but I think you might have just about covered it all. Although, I might still make the thread to piss off all those people that have sticks up there asses about me doing anything resembling repetition, like 5-posting and then going on to post a "new" thread on gas prices or the war in Iraq immediately afterwards...
 
4,248
0
0
#16
YUCK FOU!!! said:
okay firstly what makes a good flame is wit, beer and a little bit of reefer.
So suddenly I need to be drunk or high or some shit to make an adequate flame? Fuck that. If anything, that's going to put you lower on the flame-o-meter because you've got a serious lack of good judgement in that inebriated state.

if you can say something that makes your victim look politically incorrect or way to immature for his years OR just a plain dumass then its a worthy flame. what you just said then was a bunch of profanitised words with some pretty words in the middle. not a flame.
Okay, fine then. We'll call it a flame enhancer.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.