WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

to run away...

Black Flame

Mayhem on the Loose
most everyone has thought about it before once in their lives. whether it was when you were a child and you got your desert taken away and sent to your room, or maybe it was multiple times for abusive, stupid, or over-reactive parents. maybe you've even attempted to before.
so.. now my parents have always been easy going and i do love them.. but they get very over-reactive on stupid things. like school. i barely ever miss any day at school (despite the rare skip here and there) and it's the same with work. i've been late once at my old job at the avondale, and i've never been late at my current one until today. and it was only 17 minutes late when i'm the only one working. on thursday i went to my friends house so i could hang out with my newly founded significant other (never had one before until now which brightened up my generally uneventful life) in peace away from home. since her house is close to the summer school i'm going to, my parents said it was alright as long as my friends b/f dropped me off at the school in the morning so i wouldn't miss the 4 measly hours of english. no prob. however there was a power outage i guess on a small part of the town or maybe just the street, i can't be sure, and the alarm clock doesn't go off. so i slept in until 12pm and i get out of summer school at 1:10pm so there really was no point in going. so we went up to another friends house and hung out there and later in the day, my mom calls me and freaks out because i didn't go to school even though i informed her of the power outage. so she calls me a screw up and hangs up before i could get any say. so now my parents are damn pissed at me for something that wasn't my fault (AND IT'S ONLY ONE FREAKING DAY!) and even more so because im a little late for work.. or what is liked to be called work.. i sit and fuck around on the computer all day at an art gallery watching a total of 5 people walk in throughout the entire 4 hours that i'm here all alone. now if there was a show or something i would have been more careful, but that isn't the case now is it.
now when i had actually gotten home from the friends house to get my keys, me and dave (my b/f) were gonna walk there cuz it's just down the street but my dad forced me into the truck, like i mean he was fucking screaming at me and on the way there starts his usual jabber about how i'm always so selfish and life is always about when it's convenient for me like i'm the most disobedient kid on the planet. and then gives me shit for being "smart" (i fucking hate when they say that) when i shrug and say, okay dad, ya sure dad, whatever you say. because i don't want to deal with his or my mom's bullshit anymore. there are so much worse things in life than this! they know i've hated this town since i stepped foot here, they know i've never had a boyfriend (they don't know about my new one yet), they know i have a couple of good friends here and the rest are in other citys, they know i'm a very miserable person (although i must mention that they caringly forced me to stop being so miserable and missing out on family get-togethers that i've never missed until i turned 15 and put on a bright happy smile so they will be happy thinking that i'm happy), they know how much i despise this town and need to get out of it. but they don't care, they say they just want what's best for me, but they don't even listen to me so how could they know what's best. oh ya, they go by what everyone else does as the best thing for their kids, make them join society and work like a drone, hey! that'll prove myself to the world! i'll work my way down like everyone else does and miss out on the best things in life that no one pays attention to anymore. it's all work, buy, eat, die isn't it?
now about running away.. i know i don't need my parents anymore. i'm 16 and i'm responsible on my own level, and i can move out if i want to, i just don't have the money saved up to actually get an apartment. so i figure i can either keep this job where i work 2 days a week, 3 hours one day and 4 hours another (it's not bad a pay actually) and just find another job around the area i choose to escape to, or just quit this job and forget this town and this old town life completely. i know enough people who can help me out with a place to stay as long as i need as well as a bit of support here and there.
so anywayz, what do you think? can you relate to me at all? do you think i should find my own path and work my way up to whatever it is i'm destined to do while living the eventful life i've been deprived of my life up to this point, or should i do what every single other person does and have no interesting storys to tell, no special person(s) in my life, and no fucking dignity? or maybe you have a different way of looking at this. post your intellectual fury.

Ok there is so much to respond to on this wow! Ok lets start off with your parents always saying that shit. Have you ever actually sat down and talked to them about how it bugs you that they say yours stupid and to try better? Because i know it may seem harsh to you and everything but it might just be their form of trying to get you to try harder in school (like im sure you try but it just seems like you obviously dont try enough you skip school for heaven sakes and that is one of the most horrible things you can do in high school because you fall behind majorly even if it is for one day) I know that is what my parents did with my other sibling. However when my sibling actually talked to them about how it really bugged her and how she wished they would have encouraged her instead of put her down my parents had realized that maybe they had taken the wrong approach to trying to motivate her. Also for you skipping school and work or being late just comes across as irresponsible and lazy. (and i dont mean to be harsh or hurt your feelings by saying so but that is what most people think). I know when people show up late to my job where i work its stressful for myself because i dont know if i am going to have to work a double shift or not and that really makes me look down on them. Also I think your parents get mad about you skipping because they do want what is best for you (as corny as that sounds) because they know what it was like going through high school and that missing days can majorly affect your marks and if your marks suck you cant get a good job (and by good jobs i mean ones you can enjoy and make good money at too). For example even to work as a mechanic now most places require at least a high school diploma. For you hating your town, yah that sucks and i understand that that can be hard leaving friends and everything. But why not look at it on the brighter side and open yourself up to people who live there wheather it be through joining sports teams or some sort of a student leadership council?? Also I just want to tell you that although it is nice to have a bunch of friends or whatever its nicer to only have a few close ones because you would most likely have a greater bond with them and stay in touch with them after high school rather than loosing touch with them because you had a bunch of not so close friends. Also you should cherish the friends you have now and you obviously have somethere because you said you stayed at a friends and have a bf. AS FAR AS MOVING OUT DONT! BIG MISTAKE! Although you may think it sucks now give it some time and you will realize that it is a stupid choice. First of all you need a high school education (and dont fight with me that you dont sweetie because i look at my mom who never recieved one and she has to work her ass off at two jobs every day of her life to support us) and by moving out you will fuck that right up because you will have to work all the time to support yourself. Its just not worth two more years of freedom! wait until your 18 and done school because you will most likely kick yourself 5 years down the road for it. JUST TRUST ME! Also i dont think you are responsible enough to support yourself and you have shown this by saying you skip work and all that jazz. In a real job they would fire your butt so fast it wouldnt be funny. So PLEASE stay at home and stay in school for two more years i know you think its tough but you will pull through and all will be well. I hope ive helped you in some way if not i tried?!

He's right. I'm 14, and I've already tried running away 3 times. It never worked. Eventually, I learned that every time you think of running away, think of not the bad things, but the good things, that you spend with your family and friends. Also if you move, you may lose your b/f. Not to mention your friends may not accept you into their house, or their parents might not accept you and force you out or even tell the authorities of you being a runaway and take you back to your home. However this is me, and i have some major issues. I've attempted suicide a couple times, but wussed out, and ive really messed up friendships for talking about things like suicide and running away. Trust me, you WILL be better off putting up with it.

I know how you feel, and sometimes i cant even stand my family. My advice to you is find a trustable friend and talk to them about your situation, and buy a punching bag. Every time you get frustarted, take out your anger on it. You can also express the way you feel by using an instrument and making songs or by writing poetry. All of these are safe things you can do, and it makes you feel better. please trust me, as a carring, experienced teenager like your self, DO NOT run away, it will only mess up your life more than it is.

And you can alwayse PM me or talk to me on MSN messenger (PM me for the address) if you wanna talk about anything if ya want to get something off your chest. I promise i wont flame ya, I'll take it 100% seriously

aww... i am sorry you are being put through this... I ran away at age 14... I am 16 now... and trust me.... DONT DO IT!! it sucks more than you could ever believe... It is so hard... Trust me dont... PM me fro more Info on it... trust me I know how it is...

Child of Bodom said:
He's right. I'm 14, and I've already tried running away 3 times. It never worked. Eventually, I learned that every time you think of running away, think of not the bad things, but the good things, that you spend with your family and friends. Also if you move, you may lose your b/f. Not to mention your friends may not accept you into their house, or their parents might not accept you and force you out or even tell the authorities of you being a runaway and take you back to your home. However this is me, and i have some major issues. I've attempted suicide a couple times, but wussed out, and ive really messed up friendships for talking about things like suicide and running away. Trust me, you WILL be better off putting up with it.

I know how you feel, and sometimes i cant even stand my family. My advice to you is find a trustable friend and talk to them about your situation, and buy a punching bag. Every time you get frustarted, take out your anger on it. You can also express the way you feel by using an instrument and making songs or by writing poetry. All of these are safe things you can do, and it makes you feel better. please trust me, as a carring, experienced teenager like your self, DO NOT run away, it will only mess up your life more than it is.

And you can alwayse PM me or talk to me on MSN messenger (PM me for the address) if you wanna talk about anything if ya want to get something off your chest. I promise i wont flame ya, I'll take it 100% seriously

That goes for everybody that needs it, but dont friggen cry to me just cause ya stubbed your toe or something stupid like that.

Black Flame

Mayhem on the Loose
honestly, i thank you all very much for the advice. it's all been stuff that has run through my head before, but still, thanks. i have actually talked to them about how i feel towards the way they can sometimes treat me because they don't realize it sometimes. but when i told them about it they said they will try to stop that but then they would just say the same thing i asked them not to say to me. hard to explain.. i have a really good relationship with them a lot of the time it's just when things actually do start to go wrong, it's like they're completely different.
well we already had one of those parent to daughter "discussions" last night, and it went alright. though it was a bit pointless the way it ended because i just ended up telling them i'll improve like i always say but it never really works out that way, and they know it doesn't, but they wanted me to say it anyway. although i did mean it, i felt it was pointless to say it because i know they don't really trust it.
i knew this was just another teen splurge thing. i've always thought about running away when things got messed up, but right after it's sorted out, i get a whole different view on things.
so they're not mad at me and i'm not mad at them, though still a bit confused about a couple things, i know i'm still young and it'll take time to figure it out. shit, don't you hate being 16? all the stereotypical attitudes you hear about 16 yr olds always end up being true when u don't want them to be. awell, it'll pass.
as for school, i never thought of dropping out, well i've thought about it but i know it's stupid. i do want to finish high school and get into college, but you other teens know how it is.. it's all very frustrating for one reason or another and you can't help but freak out at anything.
btw, to pissed off, yes, i've skipped a class or two before, but it was never anything big, not like on a test day or anything. i've never skipped work, i've been late once, and that was yesterday. luckily i wasn't taking over a shift or anything, like i said, i opened up and sat there for 4 hours and locked up.
sorry about all my extensive posts, what can i say, when i rant, boy do i ever rant. so there.. that's all i need to say i suppose. thanks again for your replys!

MrNewbie

Me Vs. WTF.com
Seriously, did you guys take the time to read this shit?? Wow... so desperate...

i ran away when i was two
i went to the park and that night some lady found me on the swing and returned me.

just thought u outta know. . . i geuss