WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Too many people blame problems on ADD when they don't have it.

Ok, this post might get moved but im putting it here for now. Anyway:

At my school I can name around six people right away that say they have ADD...yet I have been in classes with them and they have absolutely no signs. They pay attention, they get good grades, and yet, when they forget to do homework they complain and bitch to their friends and myself that "the teacher should understand they have ADD."
Secondly...what kind of bullshit is that? I'll ask them: "Are you taking meds for it?" (long pause) "No."
...."Why not if u can't get ur work done?"
"Oh its just a mild case of ADD that I have, it doesn't require meds."

WTF dude? how can you have a "mild case" of ADD thats limited to not being able to do homework? And to top it off all of their friends are in the misinformation circle and believe that they have ADD. Ill ask someone why (andrew) didn't call me while they were hanging out. "I told you to call him. Oh dude you don't know? He has ADD."

...seriously...what the fuck.

It’s just another form of excuse. That’s life, though. You’re always going to run into people like that. Just distance yourself, if it bothers you so much. There's really nothing else you can do. That lie will come back and bite him in the ass sooner or later.

hah, i'm medicated bitch, so i'm an official ADD patient.

and just wait till college. professors don't give a shit. they just fail your ass. don't want to hear your lame shit excuse. except one time, holy shit..

this girl forgot to type her midterm paper, and she said "mr weeks, i forgot to type my paper, can i sleep with you for the grade?"

he looked at her in disgust, and turned his back. quite a freshman memory.

BklynCannonball said:
I have ADD. I can't read a post that's longer than a few sentences unless it's spaced out. :thumbsup:
DUDE SAME HERE, i hate reading novel posts. it only looks good

if it's

spaced out like

this.

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
The 1980 Winter Olympics. I think... Hell I can't remember...

Where did I put my "Oops I crapped my pants"?

meh_it_all

WTF.com Sexy Pimp-ette.
Oh my.. Descent is going to see this, and a mile long response is going to be in order.

Have fun! :thumbsup:

Epicurus

King of the Skeptics
Amen.

I was "diagnosed" with ADHD when I was 6. In between flushing Ritalin down the toilet (gotta hand it to my parents, they sure weren't good judges of trustworthiness) and weekly counseling sessions, I realized that I could abuse the hell out of this system. I also... what was I saying?

Q: How many kids with ADD does it take to screw in a new light bulb?

A: ...Wanna go ride bikes?

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
ADD is just an excuse to sell popular drugs, make money, and shut kids up so that parents can fuck in peace

Descent

Hella Constipated
:lol:

Honestly, my ADHD is so bad I cannot even play a video game un-medicated.

As soon as the smallest lull hits, I space out uncontrollably.

"Oh wait a minute, that's the new Bill O'Reily vibrat...WHAT THE FU...Shit. Last life. Game over.
See you in hell Sonic.

Fuck, where'd I put my Cylert?!"

To all those who say ADHD is bullshit: /yourselves. I would think it is too if I didn't have it, I mean, Christ, literally a whole thought process is deleted when I speak. Don't think, DO! And you can't get it back no matter what, it feels biologically deleted.

BWM said:
The 1980 Winter Olympics. I think... Hell I can't remember...

Where did I put my "Oops I crapped my pants"?
"Oops I crapped my pants! I've heard of those, do they work?"

"They do, and I just did..."

"Let's pretend for a second that this gallon of lemonade is a gallon of your own feces."

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
im not saying that some people have a better attention span that others, what im saying is that it is not a congenital uncurable condition that can only be suppressed with medication. the US is the only country that seams to have an ADD/ADHD epidemic. that's kind of weird IMO. i think it's a combination of the drug companies here trying to make money, and crappy parenting.

im mad at parents who just throw their kids on it to shut them up, and because of basically what giving kids the drugs to kids does. what pisses me off is this. i can't pay attention and i refuse to ever believe i have ADD, it's just a flaw i have. but none the less, how is it fair that billy who is stupider than me is getting the same grades only because he is on super drugs. it's like steroids in baseball (yes, i just made that analogy)

Descent

Hella Constipated
WizardlyFriend said:
im not saying that some people have a better attention span that others, what im saying is that it is not a congenital uncurable condition that can only be suppressed with medication. the US is the only country that seams to have an ADD/ADHD epidemic. that's kind of weird IMO. i think it's a combination of the drug companies here trying to make money, and crappy parenting.

im mad at parents who just throw their kids on it to shut them up, and because of basically what giving kids the drugs to kids does. what pisses me off is this. i can't pay attention and i refuse to ever believe i have ADD, it's just a flaw i have. but none the less, how is it fair that billy who is stupider than me is getting the same grades only because he is on super drugs. it's like steroids in baseball (yes, i just made that analogy)
Crappy parenting? My ass. My brother DOES NOT HAVE ADHD and he was raised the same as me.

I'm letting you know this now - telling someone WITH ADHD what is really is ain't different than telling a gay person it was a choice to be gay. Why? Because you haven't walked in their shoes.

That said, :mfinger: yourself and have a nice day.

Descent

Hella Constipated
Nailbomb said:
Hit harder, run slower. It's a good analogy. :happysad:

You wish. I'd flunk right out of school without medicine.

Why?

I literally cannot focus on paperwork.

I even have trouble with Sonic 2, I did today and I forgot to take my meds.