WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

True Friends

magnolia

Postaholic
I got this in an e-mail and thought it would be appreciated here.

Finally not one of those lame fake friendship poems.

1. When you are sad - I will help you get drunk and plot revenge against the sorry bastard who made you sad.

2. When you are blue - I will try to dislodge whatever is choking you.

3. When you smile - I will know you finally got laid.

4. When you are scared - I will rag on you about it every chance I get.

5. When you are worried - I will tell you horrible stories about how much worse it could be and to quit whining.

6. When you are confused - I will use little words.

7. When you are sick - Stay the hell away from me until you are well again. I don't want whatever you have.

8. When you fall - I will point and laugh at your clumsy ass.

This is my oath...I pledge it till the end. Why? Because you are my friend.
Remember: A good friend will help you move. A really good friend will help you move a body. Let me know if I ever need to bring a shovel.

a true friend can be defind when your going through lifes little drama's and they stand by your side and never leave you. as unforgiven said, they are hard to find.

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
The number of TrueFriends I've had in 36 years I can count on both hands. They're rare, and worth the effort.

better then me, i can count them on one hand, and i'll do just about anything for them. i don't keep many people around, so the few i do, you have to know they mean a lot to me.

The number of true friends I've had in my life can be counted on one hand.

4 fingers, to be exact. :happysad:

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
Well it's not that big of a difference to me, I've just gotten lucky with 7 so far. Lucky 7.

leehype

drunk with a jeep problem
I'm with nymph and JXLC on this. I have 3 people I consider friends, and I always stand by them.

Strange thing is, people confuse us with eachother all the time. Me and a friend switched ID badges one night to get on base, NO ONE noticed:D

Easty

Click click boom
i want to and try to be friends with everyone i meet. unfortunately, thats not exactly how its going to work out. true friends, however, are hard to come by. you get one, keep it.

Tostig

Paradoxasaur
a good friend will come and bail you out of jail at 2 in the morning.

a great friend will be in there with you saying, "that was fucking awesome!"

(said before, but still true hehe) i've been lucky, i had several very close friends. there's nothing i wouldn't do for them, just as i know there's nothing they wouldn't do for me.

in fact, we've spent the last several years doing nothing for each other.