WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

True Love

The "True Friendship" thread made me think of this....

What's your definition of true love... is there even a definition? Well - here's what I got after long thought....

My definition of true love between two people:

When both people are willing to die for eachother, without any thought, or remorse. It's their instinct to want ot die for this other person. One person cound not possible live their life without the other, so - if one person died, the other would kill themselves because by the other person dying they are already "dead inside".

Now... I don't think this is the same for parent-child relationship. Children can have true-love for their parents without killing thmselves if the parent died because children are supposed to out-live their parents.

Confising eh? :rolleyes:

Tostig

Paradoxasaur
true love, as defined by the book of Tostig:

when you're willing to do whatever it takes to insure the happiness of the other person. You see their faults, but far from causing friction, you find them endearing as part of the person as a whole (even though you'd still like to see them change... maybe).

you want nothing more than for them to be happy, even if it's with someone else and you must go your own way.

Jung

???
Premium
True love = someone who is basically your best friend, but with the benifit of lots of sex. :D

Who V Fuck R U?

U of F Gator 4 Life
Nope, not at all. There are many kinds of love and they are all special - the love between a person and an animal [and I'm not talking kinky here], the parental love for a child, the love by a child for a parent, the bond between two people who have been good friends for a love time, romantic love, physical love, and I'm sure there are others I've overlooked in this short thought.

The willingness to die for each other is a very strong connection and can easily be between two people, of even the same sex, who have been friends for a long time. On the other hand, not being able to live with that someone special in your life is different from being willing to die for them. If you die, could they live without you?

I know that I would be incredibly lost without my wife - she is such a major part of my life. We have been together 28 years. I also know statistically that I will probably go before her, which is complicated by medical problems I have. I also know that my mother passed before my father and it was extremely tough on him.

Janglenut

Particinator
Who V Fuck R U? said:
Nope, not at all. There are many kinds of love and they are all special - the love between a person and an animal [and I'm not talking kinky here], the parental love for a child, the love by a child for a parent, the bond between two people who have been good friends for a love time, romantic love, physical love, and I'm sure there are others I've overlooked in this short thought.

The willingness to die for each other is a very strong connection and can easily be between two people, of even the same sex, who have been friends for a long time. On the other hand, not being able to live with that someone special in your life is different from being willing to die for them. If you die, could they live without you?

I know that I would be incredibly lost without my wife - she is such a major part of my life. We have been together 28 years. I also know statistically that I will probably go before her, which is complicated by medical problems I have. I also know that my mother passed before my father and it was extremely tough on him.

^ Agreed completely.

Invader

Last Living Souls
I don't think love is describable because it's not the same for everybody and every person you love, you love in a different way... Like I love my mom but not the same as I love my friends or in the same way I love my girlfriend.

My "definition" of true love is what I'm in and what my dad and my stepmom are in. When you're happy just being with the person, and even when something irritates you about the person you still love them and don't try to change it you're in love. Having passion, intimacy, and commitment together is true love according to psychology.

True love is what makes people weak because they can't rely on themselves as a singularity anymore.

TheLampIncident said:
True love is what makes people weak because they can't rely on themselves as a singularity anymore.
You, lampy, are an intelligent, witty DRI with more armor round' you than a Brinks Truck. But you're gonna meet a sweet girl who turns your thick shell to putty, and then you'll be RICH!

skully

GO BEARS!!!!
In my opinion, true love is the unconditional love that is shared between mother and child(well atleast most of the times,more generally when the child is young),a person and his pet(dogs :thumbsup: )and many a time between lovers.
Unconditional love is when you dont expect anything in return.No sexual favours(hmmm),money etc etc.

wet lint said:
But you're gonna meet a sweet girl who turns your thick shell to putty, and then you'll be RICH!
I was talking to a girl on the phone for a couple months who had that effect on me. It made me lose every trait that anyone would find desirable in me in the first place. Of course, she was also a manipulative cunt who tried to make me feel guilty about her problems and was so fucking paranoid that it probably wasn't love at all.

skully

GO BEARS!!!!
TheLampIncident said:
I was talking to a girl on the phone for a couple months who had that effect on me. It made me lose every trait that anyone would find desirable in me in the first place. Of course, she was also a manipulative cunt who tried to make me feel guilty about her problems and was so fucking paranoid that it probably wasn't love at all.
wow you just contradicted yourself in like 2 sentences lol.:thumbsup:

What I'm saying is that the effect she had on me may not have been love after all. Or maybe just forced love for the wrong reasons. In any case, I'm just glad it's over.

TheLampIncident said:
What I'm saying is that the effect she had on me may not have been love after all. Or maybe just forced love for the wrong reasons. In any case, I'm just glad it's over.
Keep at it Punk! Eventually you'll find a loving, adorable chick who makes you forget your name. She'll melt you like butter and pour you over her hot body. She'll come over you with her sweet self and smother you with love.* There are girls out there who just want to love and be loved!

*I'm not just talking about SEX here. These are metaphors for a boy and a girl (a lampy and a hot wallsocket - 'nother metaphor) totally getting into one another so the world fades away and two are one.

TheLampIncident said:
Spoken like someone who has never found true love. True love is the blending of two personalities, interdepent on each other. True love is NOT manipulative or controlling. True love does not leave you. True love is peace.

How my life changed when I saw a child come into this world and born by a woman that I truly love. There is NOTHING that feels like that. I thought that I loved before but until you see that child look into your eyes for the first time and you are the first thing that child sees.... well... that is true love in my experience. I would definitely die for my wife or my child. I never thought I would say that but now it is definitely true. You know you’re in love when you cant wait to see the woman and child you see every day at the end of the day. There is nothing like having a little girl 30'' tall run to you with feelings of absolute joy just to see your face. You think to yourself- man... am I that lucky? Love is'nt known. It grows inside of you involentarily and you only feel it when it comes to you.

Janglenut

Particinator
tiger_86 said:
Spoken like someone who has never found true love. True love is the blending of two personalities, interdepent on each other. True love is NOT manipulative or controlling. True love does not leave you. True love is peace.

Read into what he said and you'll see that he is basically saying what you said. He knows that the manipulativeness (heh) of his relationship wasn't love.

I believe what he is saying is that love is when you wouldn't be yourself with out the person, but hell, I might be completely wrong, who knows what the fuck he was really thinking.

man im tired.... I thought janglenut was talking to me.. lol..::fpalm::

Last edited by a moderator:

Zero260in5pt1

Less Feeling-Tastes Great
True love is not giving a shit when he leaves the seat up.

True love is not giving a shit when she uses your razor.

True love is deciding to go down on him when he gives you a dutch oven.

True love is buying her a ridiculous $800 purse.

True love is swallowing.

True love is getting lock jaw.

True love is not seeing his receding hair line.

True love is not seeing her cellulite.

True love is packing his lunch.

True love is cleaning the snow off her car before you leave for work.

True love is ignoring that shoe box of old boyfriends letters.

True love is letting him have his "boys nights" and not giving him grief about it.

True love is a bitch, but completely worth it.