WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Trust

magnolia

Postaholic
My mom doesn't trust me. She said that I can only be on the computer for two hours a night and that I have to be off by like 10 pm or something like that. My question is, why the fuck doesn't she trust me? I don't do drugs, I don't drink, I don't smoke, I don't go to wild parties, I don't go out and have sex with everyone. In fact, I haven't had sex with anyone. I have never been off the A or B honor roll in my life. I take care of things in the house. Why doesn't she trust me? I'm an adult and she treats me like I'm 5. Does she think I'm gadda go flashing my boobs all over the net and make plans to sell myslef to the highest bidder? She know's I'm not like that. I just get so frustrated becuase she doesn't trust me and I can't talk to her about it becuase she always gets so pissed at me and blows up every time I try to talk to her about it. I mean, come on, how many people out there are half my age and are out all night without even calling home and they have no problems. This is just rediculous. I'm here to help out all the time and I respect her wishes. If I didn't I'd probobly be an alcoholic goth with tatoos and piercings all over and I'd probobly have done drugs. Some of those things I want to do/try, but I don't. So what the fuck is her problem with me?

shep

Local alcoholic
Did you tell her all that?Tell her your moving out.

care

asshole
yeah you should really let her know how you feel and what your thinking, but i think thats some bullshit, if my internet use was limited or restricted, id raise hell....maybe you should try a guilt trip? get depressed over it

magnolia said:
My mom doesn't trust me. She said that I can only be on the computer for two hours a night and that I have to be off by like 10 pm or something like that. My question is, why the fuck doesn't she trust me? I don't do drugs, I don't drink, I don't smoke, I don't go to wild parties, I don't go out and have sex with everyone. In fact, I haven't had sex with anyone. I have never been off the A or B honor roll in my life. I take care of things in the house. Why doesn't she trust me? I'm an adult and she treats me like I'm 5. Does she think I'm gadda go flashing my boobs all over the net and make plans to sell myslef to the highest bidder? She know's I'm not like that. I just get so frustrated becuase she doesn't trust me and I can't talk to her about it becuase she always gets so pissed at me and blows up every time I try to talk to her about it. I mean, come on, how many people out there are half my age and are out all night without even calling home and they have no problems. This is just rediculous. I'm here to help out all the time and I respect her wishes. If I didn't I'd probobly be an alcoholic goth with tatoos and piercings all over and I'd probobly have done drugs. Some of those things I want to do/try, but I don't. So what the fuck is her problem with me?
my mom is a bitch. damn and tomorrow you will be 18...wtf? well then demand your rights. say "im fucking 18 MOM so i want you to geht the fuck outta my life." if you want to avoid swearing to her then simply say " mom im 18 you should trust me...im an adult now"

Fugly

Tenderony
Maybe think about it this way....your are such a good person BECAUSE your mom kept you out of trouble. I sure you know kids who's parents don't keep an eye on them...what happened to them?

Pachyderm

I really did.
One time when I was 17.. It must have been early 17 because I hadn't smoked pot yet and I told my mom that. Well she thought I was totally weird not to have tried it and she acted all sketchy. So maybe you're mom thinks you aren't normal and that you should be at the point where she doesn't trust you. You should go light some trashcans on fire, maybe then she let you come back on the internet. ... Or maybe my family life is not completely normal... I have piercings and tattoos... I only tried to sell myself to the highest bidder once, and it didn't even go through.. (insufficient postage)... I totally forgot the point of my post.

shep

Local alcoholic
Pachyderm said:
One time when I was 17.. It must have been early 17 because I hadn't smoked pot yet and I told my mom that. Well she thought I was totally weird not to have tried it and she acted all sketchy. So maybe you're mom thinks you aren't normal and that you should be at the point where she doesn't trust you. You should go light some trashcans on fire, maybe then she let you come back on the internet. ... Or maybe my family life is not completely normal... I have piercings and tattoos... I only tried to sell myself to the highest bidder once, and it didn't even go through.. (insufficient postage)... I totally forgot the point of my post.
What was the highest bid?

Jung

???
Premium
magnolia said:
My mom doesn't trust me. She said that I can only be on the computer for two hours a night and that I have to be off by like 10 pm or something like that. My question is, why the fuck doesn't she trust me? I don't do drugs, I don't drink, I don't smoke, I don't go to wild parties, I don't go out and have sex with everyone.?
she can tell than you're a geek, that is why she is worried :) do some drugs, have some sex, leave the house some times. things will be better.

p.s. everyone knows the interent turns into a shithole after 10pm EST. :rolleyes:

say you're 18, you're not a kid anymore, and you can do whatever the hell you want :) .

or, if that won't work (which i know already it won't), you could always explain to her that you're 18, and that if she loves you, she will trust you.

magnolia

Postaholic
Good ideas. I talked to her today after I got off earlier. "I trust u! I never said I didn't trust you!" "Yeah, u did. And you said that I couldn't be on after u fell asleep cuz then u couldn't monitor me." "When have I ever stood there and "monitored" (said in a snotty voice) you? We can't trust you to get off the computer at a resanable hour. U think U can just sit there however long u please and that we won't know about it. But guess what? We do." AHHHHHHH! She did say the trust word though. The whole I'm 18 thing didn't go over well either cuz, "as long as u live in my house..." :rolleyes: If I wasn't still in school I'd move out. Although, I did talk her into letting me stay on late cuz it's my birthday tomorrow. :D The whole situation just pisses me off. Yay for living on campus next year! :cheerldr: