WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Tsunami Disaster Appeal

Jason

Voorhees a jolly good fellow!
Founder
At least 120,000 people have lost their lives in East Africa and South Asia in the aftermath of the earthquake and resulting tsunamis on December 26. Thousands of people in Sri Lanka, India, Thailand, and Indonesia are still missing; many others have lost their homes and livelihoods. Sri Lanka and Indonesia suffered the highest number of deaths, but India, East Africa, Seychelles, Maldives, and Thailand were all affected by the tsunami waves, which reached as high as 20 feet. Aid workers and volunteers are focused on stopping the spread of disease and delivering food and drinking water to survivors.

We would like to encourage all our visitors to make a donation to help the relief efforts in the affected countries.

Please donate as much as you can, as quickly as you can. If large amounts of aid do not reach the affected areas soon the number of fatalities could become even more appalling through the spread of disease. The UN estimates that billions of dollars will be needed and it would seem that our governments can so far only bring themselves to donate small numbers of millions.

Many charities and aid organizations are now operating a donation scheme, and donations can be made easily, quickly and securely over the web.

For more information, please visit the following links:

Action Against Hunger
American Red Cross
American Red Cross (Via Amazon)
American Jewish World Service
BAPS Care International
CARE
Direct Relief International
GOAL
Habitat For Humanity International
International Federation Of Red Cross & Red Crescent
Islamic World Relief
Karuna Trust
Network For Good
Oxfam International
Oxfam US
Sarvodaya
Save The Children
UNICEF
World Food Programme (UN)

Our sincerest thanks for anything and everything you can do to help those in need.

-WTF Staff

skylinec

Somewhere in the Between
I think my mom already gave money? but it still is sad.

Descent

Hella Constipated
I'm going to have my mother donate as much money as possible. I'd say $30-50 sounds okay...I'll see what they think.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
We will try to donate something, I guess 25 dollars is better than nothing, but I wish I was a lot richer than I am. I feel so badly for the families who lost thier children and parents, I could not imagine life without my family. Something like this just makes me remember to be thankfull for what I have, even though it is not much, to hug my kids a little tighter and call my parents a little more often....

lady_airy1

Fresh Meat
thx

i just would like to say thank you .... thanks a lot for wat i read here ... it could bring my tears .... that many people are still care of my realtives over there ... there are over 120.000 dead in sum countries and maybe it will get increase since sum place in NAD not yet being touched since the areas are having bad distructed ... and there are many death body not yet being evacuated in many areas .... there r many donations but that r so hard to supply all of them ... i dunno it hurts a lot too see that even from tv ... i just can pray ... today there are more then 80.000 in NAD are dead .... and that would increase .... i hope god will save all of us .... once again thx .... may god bless all of u ....

O .o

wow... and to think..that makes all of our lousy hurricane streak look like a common storm....(btw when i said our im talking about florida)

i would donate but we got enough problems as it is... i was goin to fortmyers to vist my gramps and ill tell you.. a gas station we always went to is now a pile of rubble.... i know how they feel... i know how they feel....

Jason

Voorhees a jolly good fellow!
Founder
They could still use our help folks.. Thank you to all who have been able to donate anything they could..

R

RedOctober

Well, it even would be better if UN troops would take care of the aid distribution, because there were reports of Indonesian troops selling the food and medicine to victims.
So the poor got nothing.

The Indonesian forces are as corrupt as hell, and you should know that.
They also don't give a damn about the people of Aceh, because it already was a difficult area for them. Aceh is a rich part of Indonesia, because of the oil.

Does that ring a bell?

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
RedOctober said:
Well, it even would be better if UN troops would take care of the aid distribution, because there were reports of Indonesian troops selling the food and medicine to victims.
So the poor got nothing.

The Indonesian forces are as corrupt as hell, and you should know that.
They also don't give a damn about the people of Aceh, because it already was a difficult area for them. Aceh is a rich part of Indonesia, because of the oil.

Does that ring a bell?
What a buzz kill.