WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Turtle Beach Santa Cruz Sound Card Driver Issue

Descent

Hella Constipated
I had this after I reinstalled 2000 Pro. And it's back, right after another virgin install!

Using the 4161 build, the installer just exits to the desktop after installing the control panel, when it says "Audio Driver Installation Will Now Commence."

Using the 4193 build, it will install an "Unknown Software Package" which is not signed by M$.

There are no patches by Turtle Beach for this.

I am an audiophile, and I TRULY loathe the AMD AC'97 integrated audio on this board. It sounds better than the other integrated audio I've used on other people's boards, but it still sucks.

FreeSpace 2 is no fun without Aureal 3D audio support :(.

bnccoder

Postaholic
Try differant drivers. Have you checked DriverGuide They normally have the drivers you would need. If it will let you install it even it does give you the warning most of the time it works.

Descent

Hella Constipated
Never mind. I let my brother rebuild my main machine, and he stuck the card in badly so that 1/2 of it was sticking out of the PCI slot :redface: .

I reinstalled the card, and it works like a dream now.

I <3 Turtle Beach.

Jung

???
Premium
I was about to say, I know I've used Turtle Beach's Santa Cruz on win2k before. I think their 2k/Xp drivers are the same too.

Broken

Member smoked too much weed!
I couldn't get mine to work in RH9.

Descent

Hella Constipated
Broken, are you also a Turtle Beach fan?