WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Tv Sucks Ass!

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry, this thread is really old someone else posted it ... hello to all i havent spoken to in a while
lol

Skitch0o0

Put it in MY butt...
Um, well you could stop whining about it on the internet and then stop paying for cable and watch less TV. How is this a difficult question? I stopped watching TV years ago.

i don’t hardly think that people come to wtf.com to praise all the happy things in life. and im not whining i just told you i turned it off. and im online because i hate tv. its just a discussion. And you didn’t even have anything nice to add!! lol

Hypertron

Asshole of the Year
Yeah I agree tv is shit, it teaches kids really bad things, for example...my fiance was babysitting a 8 year old girl and a 13 year old boy 2 days ago. They were layin on the couch watchin a movie and the girl had her arm around my fiance, then she feels a hand around a certain area, and she like wtf is she doin and looks down and its the boy and hes tryin to unbutton her pants to try to finger her,then later he tried to kiss her...so yeah tv is shit, my kids arn't gonna watch it. Oh yeah i had a lil one on one conversation with the kid...i think i scared the shit out of him cuz he won't get within 5 feet of her now...stupid bastard

rbutler_7 said:
I am so sick of Television. The fucking commercials are unbearable! They insult our intelligence. I decided to turn my TV off and leave it that way because all that’s ever on is reality television and talk shows and i don’t want my new daughter to be subjected to this crap. TELETUBIES!? AHHH what happened to sesame street!? Does anyone yell at the television like i do. I swear to god i must be crazy because i really yell at that tv. Its gotten to the point where i want to hunt down the people making some of this shit and break their fucking cameras! WHAT SHOULD WE DO!!!
Dont watch it then.

Descent

Hella Constipated
That is pure garabage. The media does not cause that, the kids own poor values do. He probobly does not even know just how bad it is, it is his parents' fault for not teaching him how to be acceptable.

Hypertron, I expected better out of you. I can't believe a guy like you would believe this "media effects" bullshit.

Also, aren't you 16? Why the hell would you be getting married at 16, if it's legal (I don't know too much about marriage laws)?

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
T.V. can be many things. I can be (semi) educational, it can be mindlessly entertaining, it can be most whatever you make it to be.

Most news channel attempt to perpetuate their point of views by imposing fear on their viewers. I wasn't allowed to watch the news until I was 12 and could form my own opinions (part of why I still read almost the entire newspaper every day). That's why its important to watch a balance, if you watch at all. Like a wise man once said, "If you drink from the pool of knowledge, drink deeply; For a little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing."

Television is generally for entertainment, and if you find something you like without immersing yourself in to it entirely, then all the more power to you. If you don't watch at all, then more power to you.

Television is, in the end, a passive activity. Nothing "makes" you watch it, but we keep coming back when bored, tired, etc. I think that's the biggest testament to its impact on society, that we keep coming back.

Hypertron

Asshole of the Year
jstager said:
Hypertron, I expected better out of you. I can't believe a guy like you would believe this "media effects" bullshit
so sue me, since school has started again i am tryin to stay semi active, and its not really working with football, and fucking calculus...not much time to think things through...so screw you...and who said i was getting married at 16 and yes it is leagal even if i was

my balls need sucking

tv is the best damn thing ive ever seen and iv seen it alot you suck
P.S. can i have your tv:mfinger:

Why the hell do people find it necessary to bump threads in this forum?

manifest65 said:
Your first post sucks, and it's in a thread that's over a year old.

You suck at life. Go away.:happysad:

what the HELL!

i dont know how this posted! thats weird. sorry folks i seriously dont know how that happened. can i remove it? I agree, it did suck... lol

howz it going man. the format on wtf has changed a bit, i must have messed up and did an accidental repost.. DAMN IT!! lol
hows wtf treating you now days?

meh_it_all

WTF.com Sexy Pimp-ette.
manifest65 said:

This is pathetic, this is over a year old!

Keep this kinda shit up and you won't be here, :thumbsdn:

GOD! OK, IM SORRY! lol!!! maybe i should put this on the welcome wagon so all of you that dont know me can freakin rip into me for being such an idot. damn!

We weren't talking about you, spoogemat. We were talking about the ding who opened the thread.

meh_it_all

WTF.com Sexy Pimp-ette.
It wasn't you who bought it back..

See the quote. Different name.

Status
Not open for further replies.