WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Twitter finally banning toxic InfoWars and Alex Jones

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
https://money.cnn.com/2018/09/06/technology/twitter-suspends-alex-jones-infowars/index.html

Twitter banned far-right conspiracy theorist Alex Jones and his website InfoWars from its platform Thursday afternoon, a month after several of its Silicon Valley counterparts did so.

In a series of tweets from its @TwitterSafety account, Twitter said, "Today, we permanently suspended @realalexjones and @infowars from Twitter and Periscope. We took this action based on new reports of Tweets and videos posted yesterday that violate our abusive behavior policy, in addition to the accounts' previous violations."

Twitter also said that it "will take action" if in the future it discovers other accounts being used to get around the ban of Jones and InfoWars.

The company made its decision a day after Jones accosted a CNN reporter, Oliver Darcy, on Capitol Hill, and livestreamed the encounter through Periscope, which Twitter owns.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
Thank fuck for that. Free speech is one thing. But he just shouts fire in theaters.

Nothing but a capitalist genius feeding on the less intelligent. Ever see his website?

Alex Jones is a nutcase. He's kind of hilarious in his delusions though. I can't get over the gay frogs, makes me laugh every time I think about it.

@MaxPower yes! His website is wild! So much doomsday prep its insane, I particularly like the pre-packaged food items that will sustain you through the apocalypse. Anyone with a brain can see how over-priced that crap is, he's a blatant swindler. And the people are stupid enough to both buy from him and listen to his vitriol.