WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Two easy ways to upload images to ImageShack

Jung

???
Premium
I've been using both of these methods for quite a while, and I figured someone else might find them useful.

Upload from Windows Context menu. (right click menu)

Shell Uploader was written by a guy from another forum I post on. It allows you to right click on an image in Windows Explorer and upload it to a number of different image hosting sites, one being ImageShack.

Upload from Firefox right click menu.

I found a Firefox extension called ConQuery, which essentially allows you to query web services via the context menu in Firefox. It comes with some pretty useful plug-ins by default, most notably Google and dictionary searches. I wrote a plug-in that uses Imageshack's translaoader to upload images. To upload an image all you have to do is right click on the image and select "Upload to Imageshack." The page with the hosted image will load in a background tab.

Installation:
  1. Install the ConQuery extension
  2. Download this file. (right click save as)
  3. Save the plug-in in your "searchplugins" directory inside your Firefox install directory.
    Example: C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\searchplugins
  4. Restart Firefox
  5. Configure ConQuery to your liking.

Now you should see the "Upload to ImageShack" option in your right click menu.

I really appreciate the "Shell Uploader".

It's gonna come in handy. :thumbsup:

Jung

???
Premium
By the way, both ConQuery and the ImageShack plug-in have been tested to work in Deer Park or other 1.0+ nightly builds.

Damn. I won't have FireFox until I move outta here.

Lamerz. :rolleyes: