WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines U.S. Pushes for UN Vote on Iraq; Says 'No' to France

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
tharuz said:
who said no to what?

UNITED NATIONS (Reuters) - The United States and Britain pressed U.N. Security Council members to pass swiftly a resolution on Iraqs future but rejected a proposal by France to give Iraq more control over U.S. troops.

Encouraged by a generally receptive attitude, Washington and London want the council to vote on Tuesday on the revised draft -- the fourth in two weeks -- in the hope it will win unanimous support among the 15 council nations.

The new text, distributed on Monday and still under discussion, pledges "close coordination" between U.S.-led international troops and the interim government that takes office on June 30.

But in general it changes little, and ignores France's proposal that Iraq should have a right to say "no" to any major U.S. military operation.

Sod

Spilly Talker
bush doesn't wanna share his oil with no one but UN cause UN gave them so much help. makeing "peace" my ass, bush is just a dictator to me

Invalid

Clitpickle
Tell me again how wanting oil and not wanting to share oil with people that didn't support him in the war is even close to being a dictator.

I agree that bush is a little out of control but FAR from being a "dictator" but think what you want.

edit: and it's funny, because everyone is making a big deal about Iraq because it's for "oil" but I don't see one person giving a shit about Afghanistan. What the fuck guys? Iraq has oil so you automatically assume the war was for oil but when it comes to afghanistan what's the explanation for that?

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
edit: and it's funny, because everyone is making a big deal about Iraq because it's for "oil" but I don't see one person giving a shit about Afghanistan. What the fuck guys? Iraq has oil so you automatically assume the war was for oil but when it comes to afghanistan what's the explanation for that?

You're right no one cares about Afghanistan. Bush had his "big gun", and he HAD to aim it at something. He lost interest in Osama, and then decided he F up another country. The "ultimate" selfish move...