Headlines U.S. Warns of Threat to Financial Icons

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
WASHINGTON - The federal government warned Sunday of possible terrorist attacks against "iconic" financial institutions in New York City, Washington and Newark, N.J., saying a confluence of chilling intelligence in recent days pointed to a car or truck bomb.

The government said the new intelligence indicated the meticulous planning of al-Qaida. Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge identified explosives as the likely mode of attack, as opposed to a chemical or biological attack or a radiological "dirty" bomb.

Recently obtained information — including photos, drawings and written documents — led the government to take the unprecedented action of naming specific buildings as potential targets:

_The Citigroup Center building and the New York Stock Exchange in New York City.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's see, we can hear them talking, KNOW what they are going to do, and we still can't stop them.

NICE...

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
thats why i live in the boonies... but citi bank going down would fuck a lot of ppl.......

morelos

lexicon incognito
the sad part is if we're still scared three years later, the top folks haven't done their jobs.

assholes

Descent

Hella Constipated
I just heard that the information was three years old.

Tom Ridge then went on to say that "The threat is still real."

Like I have said before, it's all just to remind conservative extremists the "wonderful" handling of the September eleven crisis.

Skitch0o0

Put it in MY butt...
So I'm curious. What exactly is a "financial icon"? Is it like a little clicky graphic on your desktop that you can double-click to open up your entire financial notebook? Or is it more of an icon like an American Icon, something that simbolizes capitalism and financial stability nation- (possibly world-) wide? Do other smaller banks say, "Man, that is a serious financial icon there. One day hopefully we can grow to be the epitome of all things financial that is that bank right there!"?