WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, is your new home.

Headlines U.S. Warns of Threat to Financial Icons

Seeker of Truth
WASHINGTON - The federal government warned Sunday of possible terrorist attacks against "iconic" financial institutions in New York City, Washington and Newark, N.J., saying a confluence of chilling intelligence in recent days pointed to a car or truck bomb.

The government said the new intelligence indicated the meticulous planning of al-Qaida. Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge identified explosives as the likely mode of attack, as opposed to a chemical or biological attack or a radiological "dirty" bomb.

Recently obtained information — including photos, drawings and written documents — led the government to take the unprecedented action of naming specific buildings as potential targets:

_The Citigroup Center building and the New York Stock Exchange in New York City.

Let's see, we can hear them talking, KNOW what they are going to do, and we still can't stop them.

Hella Constipated
I just heard that the information was three years old.

Tom Ridge then went on to say that "The threat is still real."

Like I have said before, it's all just to remind conservative extremists the "wonderful" handling of the September eleven crisis.

Put it in MY butt...
So I'm curious. What exactly is a "financial icon"? Is it like a little clicky graphic on your desktop that you can double-click to open up your entire financial notebook? Or is it more of an icon like an American Icon, something that simbolizes capitalism and financial stability nation- (possibly world-) wide? Do other smaller banks say, "Man, that is a serious financial icon there. One day hopefully we can grow to be the epitome of all things financial that is that bank right there!"?