WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Ubuntu not recognizing my network card.

screwy

BIG BLACK DICKS
Just got a new 1500 dollar Dell Dimension 9100 (don't laugh, it's all my dad will agree to buy), and after toying with the BIOS for a few hours (they make it impossible to install Linux), I finally get my Ubuntu 5.10 installed. Back on my Inspiron 7000 laptop, I never had any problems with Ubuntu. Now, when I go into the Network settings on my desktop, it only recognizes the dial-up modem, and not my ethernet card. I have absolutely no clue how to (if I even can) set it up manually, and the physical withdrawal from teh Internets is killing me. I can't sleep, I'm not eating...

Hell, right now I'm on my stepmom's laptop. I had to sneak onto it while she's at work and my dad's up in LA. :rolleyes:

WILL SUCKY 4 HELP.

jamesp

In Memory...
Google it, someone probably already had this problem and fixed it.

screwy

BIG BLACK DICKS
James, why reply with that kind of useless bullshit? Don't you think I haven't already tried Google?

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
screw_ball said:
James, why reply with that kind of useless bullshit? Don't you think I haven't already tried Google?
he's desperate for the sucky

jamesp

In Memory...
screw_ball said:
You want to know why? Well, when I am confronted with something that I don't know....I google it! Douchebag, look harder, noone gives a shit about Ubuntu.