WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Ugh... I'm not that smart!

Schmoky

Schmoking Kills.
Throughout my circle of friends, I'm the only one who knows .rar from .poop. I'm not saying I'm tech smart, in fact I'm pretty fucking n00bish. But it's like no matter what kind of stupid question they have, it always finds its way to me. Right now I'm trying to hold my friends hand as he tries to figure out Bit Torrent.

Starting to get frustrated.

Jung

???
Premium
Tell him to RTFM and point him at a online guide. I can't be bothered to help friends get shit for free when the knowledge is free and blatantly obvious.

Stardust

Being naked just feels so a-peeling
you don't have to read about it..learn from mistakes god damnit!
I have learned about almost everything about my computer thanks to that ;)
not only mistakes always sometimes greeat succeses(sp?) ;):p

Jung

???
Premium
Stardust said:
you don't have to read about it..learn from mistakes god damnit!
I doubt most people would get very far whit Bit Torrent without reading about it. Sure, any idiot can download stuff, but it's a lot more complicated than that.

Stardust

Being naked just feels so a-peeling
junglizm said:
I doubt most people would get very far whit Bit Torrent without reading about it. Sure, any idiot can download stuff, but it's a lot more complicated than that.

Nooo it's not ;) I can download with bittorrent without any probleemo ;)

Jung

???
Premium
Stardust said:
Nooo it's not ;) I can download with bittorrent without any probleemo ;)
I mean you'll never learn about seeds, super seed, connections, how the tracker and client work, etc, by just bumbling through it. Sure, you can probably download, but you're probably not getting the best speeds that you could, and your client is probably misconfigured in some way. (ie your upload is limiting your download or slowing your connection, etc)

Everyone I know that just set it up without reading ends up asking questions. I can usually answer my own though, since I know how it works and where to find the answers should I need them.

CopyLifted

Funnier than a 5th grader
When I don't have time to help friends out, I just tell them to google it. I mean fuck, use some common sense and search it. All the info is out there.