WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

um ok... tekky geek stuff...

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
the name didnt come up in search so...
ok so there is this dude, John Hutchison. You may or may not of heard of him.. He is this reclusive candian dude who collects a mess of nautical electronics and has supposedly invented this device that creates the "hutchison effect". This is created using a series of devices including multiple tesla coils.

Supposedly the effect cause many different things to happen.. Including levitation of not only metal but non metal objects, the unusual transformation of metal into a gel like substance and back after the machine is turned off, and even the blending of asimilar objects such as wood and metal not unlike the philadelphia experiment..

now I've looked at many of this fuckers videos, and pictures of his experiments and the results of them, and i have yet to see even one that I could not replicate with normal methods... all his levitation videos are either shot in a box that could easily be upside down and the object released on queue, or obvious strings are prevelant in the shot. His so called blending of asimilar objects could of easily have been done with preheating the metal and submerging the other matter in the liquid metal and waiting for it to solidify.. one video of a toy flying saucer dancing on a table from the effect could of been done by constraining its movements with a string(visible in portions of the video) and making it move with a magnet under the table..

links to videos
video 1 - old shotty video
video 2 - toy spaceship 1
video 3 - toy space ship 2(obvious string in upper left corner)
video 4 - toy space ship 3 (table dance)
video 5 - toy space ship 4 (suspicious cable in right)

ultimately i dont think the whole idea is bullshit... but based on the videos.. each and every one of them based on setup and action could be easily duplicated with creatively placed magnets and strings and upside down sets...

EDIT: BTW I forgot... the effect hutchison has clamed to have created also has never been able to be replicated by anyone else...

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
how does he create this effect? what do all these devices do

leehype

drunk with a jeep problem
Those vedios arn't working for me, but i do know that magnitism will make things do crazy shit.

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
videos 2-5 are from a different source than video 1. videos 2-5 seam silly and obviously fake. video 1 could have been faked, easily, but i just believe video one more because it wasn't as obviously faked

How very.....odd. Yet another fine specimen of human social engineering gone wrong from our outstanding neighbor to the North... :cool:

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
WizardlyFriend said:
how does he create this effect? what do all these devices do
supposedly the tesla coils combined with other equipment causes a field effect that disrupts what we know of physics.. at least thats how the videos seem to be.. john is very vague as to what the effect is... even in response to the visible strings he is vague... an exact quote from him on the strings in the upper left of some of the videos...

"The string is not string but #32-gauge double polythermalized wire on a takeup up reel with 20 to 50000 volts DC. The the main apparatus was turned on, causing the toy plastic ufo to fly all about in amazing gyrations. This was a pretest to gryphon films airing this fall for fox TV. I did not need the extra high voltage 2000 time period so the toy levitated without a high voltage hook up during the filming for gryphon there was a string on the toy no high-voltage dc but interesting movements."

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
are you sure it's not a viral, like a trailer for movie or a band or something.. i've seen stuff like this before pick up grassroots interest and then it turns out to be a big ad for a bar of soap or something stoopid.. just a thought.. sorry if i went off thread..

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
void said:
are you sure it's not a viral, like a trailer for movie or a band or something.. i've seen stuff like this before pick up grassroots interest and then it turns out to be a big ad for a bar of soap or something stoopid.. just a thought.. sorry if i went off thread..
Dove:
Our soap defies physics, making you noticably cleaner or some shit

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
void said:
no this guy is for real... many sites even credit him with creating some god like device... he was even shown on a ghosts show with johnathan franks as to creating a "polgergeist machine" as its capable of doing many things that poltergeists do...

Sooooo....we're saying that this guy has created something that even the folks over at M.I.T. can't figure out how to reproduce?
Hmmm... :rolleyes: Call me a skeptic, but.....

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
FlipTheState said:
Sooooo....we're saying that this guy has created something that even the folks over at M.I.T. can't figure out how to reproduce?
Hmmm... :rolleyes: Call me a skeptic, but.....
like I said based on the videos i could go to the hardware store and replicate everything taped, exactly as its seen.. and not have a "poltergeist machine".. just creative trickery...

EDIT: Pictures of Hutchison and some of his 'experiments'
John Hutchison

Supposedly the metal here was turned to a jelly like substance pulled itself apart and re-solidified.

the object in the middle of the block was 'melded' into the block...

This metal bar's structure turned extremely brittle and broke apart.. not sure how the coin got in there