WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Unabashed Racist Wins GOP Primary in Tenn.

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
MEMPHIS, Tenn. - An unabashed racist will represent the Republican party in the November election for a congressional seat after a write-in candidate failed to derail his effort.

With 86 percent of the primary vote counted Thursday, write-in candidate Dennis Bertrand had just 1,554 votes compared to 7,671, or 83 percent, for James L. Hart, a believer in the discredited, phony science of eugenics.

In November, the GOP candidate will oppose Rep. John Tanner (news, bio, voting record), a Democrat who has represented the northwest Tennessee district for 15 years.

Hart, 60, vows if elected to work toward keeping "less favored races" from reproducing or immigrating to the United States. In campaign literature, Hart contends that "poverty genes" threaten to turn the United States into "one big Detroit."

"I didn't expect to win," Hart said. "I thought their network would beat my ideas."

He has run for the 8th District seat before and drawn little attention. But people began to notice this time because he was the only Republican on the ballot.

Since the deadline for getting on the ballot had passed, Bertrand, also a Republican, began a write-in campaign, saying he wanted to protect the party's honor.

"I think his beliefs are not beliefs of any party that I know of," Bertrand said Thursday night. "I knew it was going to be a really long shot, but in good conscience, I had to at least give it an attempt."

Bertrand, a financial analyst and former military officer, was on active duty with the National Guard when the deadline to get on the primary ballot passed.

Hart said he will have lots of time to campaign for the general election since he was forced Wednesday to resign from his job as a real estate salesman because of the attention he drew during the primary.

"They didn't say 'You're fired' in exactly those words, but it was pretty clear what they wanted," Hart said.

While campaigning, Hart sometimes wears a protective vest and carries a .40-caliber pistol, but he said he has run into no trouble.

"When I knock on a door and say white children deserve the same rights as everybody else, the enthusiastic response is truly amazing," he said.

If a black person opens the door, he says he simply drops off campaign literature and leaves.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

That's Tennesee for you...

Pachyderm

I really did.
LOL. What's a shame is that people would rather take a bumbling idiot than any other..

Pachyderm

I really did.
oops, wrong thread...this was in reply to your tribal sovreignity post.

Pachyderm

I really did.
How can someone represent the US like this, and have the US accept this? Too many ignorant people in office..

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
it is sad... but racisim is on both sides of the aisle... Robert Byrd Dem from WV was the Democratic leader (majority and minority) for 11 years...
"The Klan is needed today as never before and I am anxious to see its rebirth in West Virginia... It is necessary that the order be promoted immediately and in every state in the Union. Will you please inform me as to the possibility of rebuilding the Klan realm of W. Va?" Byrd's letter to the Klan's Imperial Wizard, 1946.

Byrd on "race mongrels." "[I will] never submit to fight beneath that banner [the American flag] with a Negro by my side. Rather would I die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds." 1947 letter by Robert Byrd. (Source: "The Democrats' Lott," Wall Street Journal, 23 December 2002.)

Byrd also filibustered the 1964 Civil Rights Act.
and in 2001 he said
"There are white ******s. I've seen a lot of white ******s in my time. I'm going to use that word. We just need to work together to make our country a better country, and I'd just as soon quit talking about it so much."
I believe it was a Democrat that first flew the Confederate flag in SC...

Al Gore's Father stood against the Civil Rights Act of 1964 - 80% of House Republicans and only 61% of Democrats voted for it... In the Senate, 82% of the GOP and only 69% of Democrats did...

Clinton gave the Presidential Medal of Freedom to J. William Fulbright... a man whom he had worked for and was a known segregationist... he wasone of 19 senators who issued a statement entitled 'The Southern Manifesto,' condemning the '54 Supreme Court decision of Brown vs. Board of Education... defending segregation.

racisim is stupid... its like hating someone cause they are left handed... but there is racisim and racists in both political parties and within every race of people

Feore

love-whipped bitch
so does this Hart guy have a good chance of winning the election? it seems crazy in this day and age that he would, but then again, i've been to tennessee.

Pachyderm said:
How can someone represent the US like this, and have the US accept this? Too many ignorant people in office..
just put all 3 of those in one. no spamming! :spam: