WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Unable to connect to Gmail

Fire_ze_Missles

Martha Fuckin' Stewart
I am unable to connect to gmail. I get an alert that says the connection was refused when connecting to the main gmail page. It works on my laptop, and on my work computer, but not on my main pc. Any ideas on How to fix? I just upgraded FireFox to 1.0.1 about a week ago, and I am thinking that this could be the cause. :(

It's not FF, I just connected to it fine.

yes, I do have g-mail.... :(

Jung

???
Premium
I connected fine with 1.0.1 earlier, and just now, after reading your post. Did you try your laptop from the same connection as your desktop?

You can try going to http://64.233.179.107/gmail/ which is the IP gmail.google.com resolves to. If that works, and you're on a windows box, you can try flushing the DNS cache, just type cmd /k ipconfig /flushdns in run. I had the same problem once before with slashdot, and SA; flushing the DNS cache fixed it.

Fire_ze_Missles

Martha Fuckin' Stewart
Yes! Junglizm is the computer man; it works like a charm now. Thanks! :) :thumbsup: