WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Unmountable Boot Volume?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anon

Banned - What an Asshat!
What does UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME mean when I turn my Windows computer on? The kernel boots up but during the screen where it says Windows... with the flashing bar, it goes into a blue screen with UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME.

(WHHHOOOAAAA I just got a temporary power outage when I typed this... good thing I have my UPS)

Fire_ze_Missles

Martha Fuckin' Stewart
It means that something is wrong with your hard-drive, and lighting it on fire would solve said problem. :thumbsup:

Zickddot

Banned - What an Asshat!
yeah, i had the same problem and boy howdy, it sure got rid of those...mice that were living in my hdd

Jung

???
Premium
Just show your had drive some 'owned' images, and then goatse it. Problem solved.

Broken

Member smoked too much weed!
Anon said:
What does UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME mean when I turn my Windows computer on? The kernel boots up but during the screen where it says Windows... with the flashing bar, it goes into a blue screen with UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME.

(WHHHOOOAAAA I just got a temporary power outage when I typed this... good thing I have my UPS)

Like everyone said, your hdd has probably just become a Clock, Wind chime, or paperweight. You could also have some other problem. The error message actually just means that you boot sector is corrupt or damaged. If BIOS sees the Drive it still maybe toast, but that doesn't mean you can't get your data off it. Slave it.

Status
Not open for further replies.