WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

upgrading computer

xXmisledyouthXx

Circa Approximate
I have a 2.6 mhz comp, with 256 RAM. I have some crappy video card that bearly ran NFSU on all low settings.

Should i get a new video card (9200 PCI) or more ram?

Jung

???
Premium
Before you upgrade your video card, you should at least get 512MB of ram in there. If you're planning on playing any modern games, then don't even bother getting a 9200.

Janglenut

Particinator
If you have 256 mb. of ram in your computer, I'm assuming you just bought one off the shelves awhile ago?

If so, your video card is more than likely integrated...so yeah. I'd get the ram first and as Jung said, don't waste your time with the 9200.

what about a 9250?

cause i was gonna get one for my comp. it has 512 mb DDR ram, sempron 3100. right now i have a wayyy outdated radeon catylist 64 mb lol.

Jung

???
Premium
dull_bullet said:
what about a 9250?
If you don't plan on playing any new games, then it'll be fine. That's a low end card, it's not really meant for gaming, so don't expect much from it. With that said though, it'll still be better than your catalyst.