WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines US top court nominee steps down

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
Harriet Miers' nomination has placed Mr Bush in the spotlight

LINK

The Texas lawyer nominated to the US Supreme Court by President George W Bush, Harriet Miers, has withdrawn as a nominee to the court.

----------------------------------------------------------
Well at least she's got common sense...

Dokan

Random Wanderer
So there is some sanity left in the world....

Farceur

Philosophy Nazi
Premium
she was really not that qualified, i was disapointed iwth her nomination anyways... what was bush thinking...nominating someone who would do whatever he wanted...gosh...haha.

really am glad she stepped down though =\

tw33k

Theoretical Realist
I can't help but think it was a setup. Myers gets turned down, she wasn't ever a judge, and the next nominee looks good by comparison. Someone like Alberto Gonzales, who wouldn't have had a chance before. Bush can be slick like that, little bit of misdirection. Only a little bit though- he's no Bill Clinton.

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
tw33k said:
I can't help but think it was a setup. Myers gets turned down, she wasn't ever a judge, and the next nominee looks good by comparison. Someone like Alberto Gonzales, who wouldn't have had a chance before. Bush can be slick like that, little bit of misdirection. Only a little bit though- he's no Bill Clinton.
Oh yeah, slick!

Have you seen him lately, looks like he's on a mega dose of thorzine..

tw33k

Theoretical Realist
voiceofreason said:
Oh yeah, slick!

Have you seen him lately, looks like he's on a mega dose of thorzine..
Well, I didn't mean him alone. You know Karl Rove has his hand up his ass like a muppet.