WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines US uses banned weapon in Falujah, but was Tony Blair told?

Jung

???
Premium
http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/news/news/page.cfm?objectid=14920109&method=full&siteid=106694

FALLUJAH NAPALMED
Nov 28 2004

US uses banned weapon ..but was Tony Blair told?
By Paul Gilfeather Political Editor

US troops are secretly using outlawed napalm gas to wipe out remaining insurgents in and around Fallujah.

News that President George W. Bush has sanctioned the use of napalm, a deadly cocktail of polystyrene and jet fuel banned by the United Nations in 1980, will stun governments around the world.

And last night Tony Blair was dragged into the row as furious Labour MPs demanded he face the Commons over it. Reports claim that innocent civilians have died in napalm attacks, which turn victims into human fireballs as the gel bonds flames to flesh.

Outraged critics have also demanded that Mr Blair threatens to withdraw British troops from Iraq unless the US abandons one of the world's most reviled weapons. Halifax Labour MP Alice Mahon said: "I am calling on Mr Blair to make an emergency statement to the Commons to explain why this is happening. It begs the question: 'Did we know about this hideous weapon's use in Iraq?'"

Since the American assault on Fallujah there have been reports of "melted" corpses, which appeared to have napalm injuries.

Last August the US was forced to admit using the gas in Iraq.

A 1980 UN convention banned the use of napalm against civilians - after pictures of a naked girl victim fleeing in Vietnam shocked the world.

America, which didn't ratify the treaty, is the only country in the world still using the weapon.

The U.S. admitted using napalm in Iraq last August...

Is this going be on CNN? I've heard that Saddam Hussein tortured people.

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
What the fuck.

I want to know why the UN doesnt sanction us for this type of shit. I cant believe that we are allowed to run about the globe, un-checked, doing what ever the fuck we want to. I used to say it in jest, but i'm dead ass serious now, after I get my degree I'm fucking leaving.

nice find btw :thumbsup:

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
Saddam..was a monster...he...repeatedly..used chemical weapons..against innocent kurds..sniff....and now..insurgents cut off innocent people's heads..sniff....So now is the time to...YEEEEEEEHHAAAWWW napalm baby!!!I mean sniff...They are monsters.....

Nothin like the smell of NAPALM in the mornin

lmfao
why the fuck would we use napalm when we have been useing bunker busters and 2,000 lb bombs?
omg i love the propaganda bullshit floating out there

pilot one: hmm yes lets use napalm to day that only burns and has a 50% chance of nutralizeing these terrorists

pilot two: no i dont thinkso bob lets use the 2,000 pounder and start grid bombing
this shit makes me sick

who fucking cares for the last 9 months me and my guys have been finding foo gass ieds

foogass= deisal fuel soap and some other shitty stuff burns just like napalm but slower but hey dont take my word for it im here in country seeing this shit first hand u better believe some one who is probably not even in this country............. *cough* By Paul Gilfeather Political Editor
plus i also want fucking proof that this is a war for oil because damn one i would like to know how the fuck we are shipping back all this crude oil when we are busy doing other shit and 2 WHY the fuck is gass so expensive back home when i was on leave it was 210 a gallon

nuff said

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
Well they fucking admitted using something similar to napalm. So there. We don't pay you to argue soldier boy, now go back to raping babies, thanks.

Jung

???
Premium
X_Demon_X said:
Nothin like the smell of NAPALM in the mornin
Funny, I thought the same thing… it makes me fucking sick.
X_Demon_X said:
lmfao
why the fuck would we use napalm when we have been useing bunker busters and 2,000 lb bombs?
omg i love the propaganda bullshit floating out there
Well, when the US government admits to it, your baseless theory sort of falls apart. Now doesn’t it? Actually, please don’t answer that, it’s a rhetorical question. Considering who you are, I thought I should point that out.
X_Demon_X said:
who fucking cares for the last 9 months me and my guys have been finding foo gass ieds
You’re right Billy Bob; it’s fucking war. How dare the enemy defend themselves? OMG WTF!!! So is it ok to ignore the Un sanctions? I mean we are America, we should be able to do what ever we want, right?
X_Demon_X said:
foogass= deisal fuel soap and some other shitty stuff burns just like napalm but slower but hey dont take my word for it im here in country seeing this shit first hand u better believe some one who is probably not even in this country.............
Translation: “Hey guys listen to me; I see everything that goes on in Iraq. LOL I promise, I know all. ROFL. I also get to play with dis here machine gun. LMAO.”

Well, if you plan on discrediting everyone not deployed in Iraq, please refrain from using any US news sources in the future, as they clearly aren’t seeing it first hand.
X_Demon_X said:
plus i also want fucking proof that this is a war for oil because damn one i would like to know how the fuck we are shipping back all this crude oil when we are busy doing other shit and 2 WHY the fuck is gass so expensive back home when i was on leave it was 210 a gallon
You’re not too bright are you, there, Bubba? Never mind, that was another rhetorical question. Just because we’re not exporting oil in mass quantities (right now), doesn’t mean that oil isn't a major factor in this war. Since you obviously need a pretty little map painted to do anything but blindly support our idiot king, I’ll link you to a previous post of mine. America: Oil, Terror, Lies, Greed and Control I think you’ll be hard pressed to disprove my statements. If you wish to debate this issue, please leave the idiotic rationalizations and half truths behind.

I won’t be as brash as RageagainstEverything; I’m sure you’re a good little soldier, just following orders. I’m also sure that like most, yours is just blind support. If you'd like to debate, plase use a bit more than your opinions of gas prices.;)

Edit: I'm wondering how long until wifey edits/deletes/locks this post. :rolleyes:

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
thank god shes not a mod of issues, then again she might "demand" that this be removed. If you want to be taken seriously then sign both you and your wife up for spelling classes and refrain from using aol-isms like "lmfao". Why is it so hard to imagine that they (big oil) are just hoarding all of it and selling it back at $2/gal? Seems pretty smart and devious.....it puts a pretty face on the war, "we're not even taking the oil, see....look at our gas prices", and puts much money in their pockets. This claim is just as base-less as demon's but it makes a little sense as far as i'm concerned.....as for the raping babies...thats just in very poor taste. Although Bush has perverted the "Noble" ideas behind our "peace actions", they are doing something that takes balls, unfortunately that same thing doesnt take much of a mind.

R

RedOctober

Well... What does it matter anyway? The US government owns the media, so nobody is going to see what really happens over there in Iraq.
Sometimes we have some bloopers, but that also seems to be calculated!!

It's about time for the old Pershing trick.
We're going to see piles of dead muslim bodies,
buried between the remains of pigs.

<sarcasm mode off>

The USA is a superpower, no power in the world can stop her.
Not even the own American citizens!

Hail Bush!

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
American jets killed Iraqi troops with firebombs – similar to the controversial napalm used in the Vietnam War – in March and April as Marines battled toward Baghdad.
hmmmm....

What the Marines dropped, the spokesmen said yesterday, were "Mark 77 firebombs." They acknowledged those are incendiary devices with a function "remarkably similar" to napalm weapons.
America is admitting to is using SIMILAR weapons like NAPALM

Also should be noted,

Although many human rights groups consider incendiary bombs to be inhumane, international law does not prohibit their use against military forces. The United States has not agreed to a ban against possible civilian targets.

Developed during World War II and dropped on troops and Japanese cities, incendiary bombs have been used by American forces in nearly every conflict since. Their use became controversial during the Vietnam War when U.S. and South Vietnamese aircraft dropped millions of pounds of napalm. Its effects were shown in a Pulitzer Prize-winning photograph of Vietnamese children running from their burned village.

Before March, the last time U.S. forces had used napalm in combat was the Persian Gulf War, again by Marines.
So basically we didn't agree to the banning of the weapon use.

Thanks for the indepth reporting.

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
Rage against said:
Well they fucking admitted using something similar to napalm. So there. We don't pay you to argue soldier boy, now go back to raping babies, thanks.
EXCUSE ME. My husband is not raping babies. He not protecting your fucking ass to have anything said like.

SIMILAR is not the same as USING IT.

junglizm said:
Edit: I'm wondering how long until wifey edits/deletes/locks this

post. :rolleyes:
Sorry Jung I am sure with being over in Iraq he doesn't have a lot of time to debate an issue with you. However. I am not over there and will have a responce for you tomorrow or as soon as I can. Thanks.

Also note, that this is the issue forum and not bait and tackle. If you can not debate with out calling someone childish names or insulting them. Then please reframe from debaiting in the issue forum. That kind of goes to everyone. We are all adults here...

otepsoul

Bringer of Bees
what happen to being on and off kit you just seem to be on.

Jung

???
Premium
_Kitana_ said:
hmmmm....
America is admitting to is using SIMILAR weapons like NAPALM
That’s just silly, much like the pawn thing. If you’d bother to look up the definition, you’d see that you’re just ignoring reality in attempt to make a point.
Originally Posted by http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=similar
sim•i•lar
Related in appearance or nature; alike though not identical.
Nearly corresponding; resembling in many respects; somewhat like; having a general likeness.
That which is similar to, or resembles, something else, as in quality, form, etc.
So, lets create a substance similar to plutonium, create a weapon similar to an atomic bomb, then name it Joshua, so it will only be similar. Then we’ll have free reign to use it, right? I mean it wouldn’t be an actual atomic bomb, it’d only be similar. People who think like you, really, really scare me.
_Kitana_ said:
Also should be noted,
Obviously neglected in an attempt to make a point.
A 1980 UN convention banned the use of napalm against civilians - after pictures of a naked girl victim fleeing in Vietnam shocked the world.
This comes back to the whole “We’re the mighty U.S., we only have to follow the U.N. regulations that we want to” argument.

_Kitana_ said:
So basically we didn't agree to the banning of the weapon use.
Thanks for the indepth reporting.
Yes, that was part of my point, but you’ve obviously missed it. See above.
It’s easy to discredit anything that isn’t reported with your slant in mind. I guess you’d agree if Faux News reported this… wait, if they did it’d probably be as distorted as your views are. Also, did you fail to notice that the quote was from two different articles? Of course there will be a bit of contrasting views, such is the nature of media. That's also the reason I offered two seperate links.
_Kitana_ said:
Sorry Jung I am sure with being over in Iraq he doesn't have a lot of time to debate an issue with you. However. I am not over there and will have a responce for you tomorrow or as soon as I can. Thanks.
So Kit, are you trying to imply that I shouldn’t correspond with him, simply because he’s in Iraq? If he doesn’t wish to receive replies that he possibly won’t be able to answer, he should refrain from posting. I’m not going to walk on egg shells in favor of someone else’s situation. If I see a post I’m inclined to reply to, I’ll do just that. If any mods (of the particular sub-forum) or admins have a problem with this, I’m sure they’ll let me know. Also, I wasn’t looking for a response from you, I was directly responding to your husband’s words.

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
junglizm said:
So Kit, are you trying to imply that I shouldn’t correspond with him, simply because he’s in Iraq? If he doesn’t wish to receive replies that he possibly won’t be able to answer, he should refrain from posting. I’m not going to walk on egg shells in favor of someone else’s situation. If I see a post I’m inclined to reply to, I’ll do just that. If any mods (of the particular sub-forum) or admins have a problem with this, I’m sure they’ll let me know. Also, I wasn’t looking for a response from you, I was directly responding to your husband’s words.

Thats not what I said. I simply said "I am sure he doesn't have time to respond to you with indepth research or write little essays on it. Doesn't desver to be called a "baby Raper". If thats the only way you can prove your point by putting someone down... doesn't say much. This is not a Bait and Tackle. Its issue political debate.

Ice is Similar to Snow. However, it is not the same thing. Use your mind. Similar means they share some likeness but are not the same.

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
If it was banned because it was inhumane...and this other thing is 'similar' (see jung's definition)....then it shouldnt be used....it melts you alive...you're ok with this? It doesnt have the same name, but the outcome is generally the same, melted men/women/children.....Perhaps i'm missing some vital part of your logic, that would allow you to think it was fine for such a thing to be used on these people, who do not have a formal army. Its wrong in anycase and someone who claims to be filled with compassion for humans and their suffering, you seem to think its fine that civilians die horrible deaths. :thumbsdn: fuck you

Jung

???
Premium
_Kitana_ said:
Doesn't desver to be called a "baby Raper". If thats the only way you can prove your point by putting someone down... doesn't say much.
Rage said that, not I. Rage is entitled to his opinions of soldiers, just as much as the next guy, even if they don't fit your critera of what he deserves. That's one of your major faults imo, you try to fit others "rights," "definitions" and "what people deserve" into your own logic.
_Kitana_ said:
Ice is Similar to Snow. However, it is not the same thing. Use your mind. Similar means they share some likeness but are not the same.
Yes, they're both similar, in that they are of the same exact chemical make up. Their only difference is state.

It could also be said that a pistol and rifle are only similar, but they're both weapons and they both kill. They both accomplish the same goal, in the same manner; they're only technically different. Technicalities are a scapegoat for those who wish to negate the rules. If the UN banned use of cartige based weapons and we went back to black powder rifle, saying "hey man these are only similar, they're not identical", I'd also consider it ignorant and foolish.

bigck3000 said:
you seem to think its fine that civilians die horrible deaths. :thumbsdn: fuck you
Hey, atleast she supports our troops. American lives are infinately more valuable than those of Iraqis. (or any who might oppose the great and mighty United States.)

Jung

???
Premium
_Kitana_ said:
America is admitting to is using SIMILAR weapons like NAPALM...blah, blah, blah etc...
The new version of this "non napalm" uses kerosene, instead of gasoline. Its slightly less flamable. (only slightly) I think the main point is that, technicalities aside, it is horrific way for civilians to die.(obviously) It's just sad that some people fail to grasp that concept.

There really is evil in the world, and some of it is called compassionate conservatism.

shep

Local alcoholic
Rage against said:
That is a "hit below the belt"comment.I gave you neg on it :thumbsdn: