WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Useless evolutionary traits

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
I understand the driving force behind the theory of evolution is that animals develop certain attributes or traits (physical or mental) to help them better adapt to their environment. What about slanted eyes? What about big noses? What about the desire for drugs or an escape? What about the advent of birthcontrol? Hate? Greed? To me, it seems that our adaptations are random rather than having the purpose to create a race of super humans. Thoughts? Comments? Questions?....dont ask me i developed a huge penis instead of a decent sized brain. A lady's dream.

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
bigck3000 said:
I understand the driving force behind the theory of evolution is that animals develop certain attributes or traits (physical or mental) to help them better adapt to their environment. What about slanted eyes? What about big noses? What about the desire for drugs or an escape? What about the advent of birthcontrol? Hate? Greed? To me, it seems that our adaptations are random rather than having the purpose to create a race of super humans. Thoughts? Comments? Questions?....dont ask me i developed a huge penis instead of a decent sized brain. A lady's dream.

Haven't you ever made a mistake???

swizeguy

How dare you!?
ummm yeah..... anyways.. no one ever said that it was perfect... but most things that have evolved are due to the surrounding enviorments... like the big noses where probably to help sort out the dust or the narrow eyes to block the sun or just stuff like that.. i dont know but that would be my guess..

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
bigck3000 said:
Cool,my kind of subject. I'd love to tell you all you've ever wanted to know on these subjects. Problem is,I think alot faster than I can type. It would take pages upon pages for you to geht it all in. Other than waste our WTF.com time,I'll tell you this......

Put down the weed and pick up a book.